Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/13/24 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
LA had to make one final cut and it looked like it was down to Billings or Z. Cooke unless they were considering cutting someone on guaranteed money like Talbot or Nurse LA definitely had one of the harder last cuts IMO

Clarendon/Allemand
Brown/McDonald/Cooke
Jackson/Burrell/Talbot
Stevens/Hamby
Brink/Li

with Jackson and Talbot being 3/4s and LA in a sort of rebuild they probably went with Cooke having more potential to develop than Billings taking minutes away from Jackson or Brink in an already crowded front-court

there are teams out there that could use Billings maybe she gets picked up off the wire or more likely contenders wait for her to pass through the wire and then offer her vet minimum instead of the 118k she is on now. PX?

Brink does not have the height or bulk to play center in this league. Stevens is not a center - both Brink and Stevens are power forwards and Hamby is the best of the three. Sparks have one center - Yueru Li and she is not a banger. LA will not beat teams with decent height.

I'm not sure winning is the goal this year. Brink and Jackson will get a lot of minutes so just thought I would make them starters regardless of position. Jackson will be at the three and Brink at the four in 25 when they are playing with Bueckers.

if it wasn't unlikely for trades at this point I think trading Stevens might have been a good idea post draft.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/13/24 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a bad team.

PostPosted: 05/13/24 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

They want Bueckers in 2025.

PostPosted: 05/13/24 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles Sparks 2024 Roster
No. Player POS EXP College/Country
1 Zia Cooke G 1 South Carolina/USA
2 Rickea Jackson F R Tennessee/USA
4 Lexie Brown G 6 Duke/USA
5 Dearica Hamby F 9 Wake Forest/USA
7 Stephanie Talbot F 5 Australia
10 Kia Nurse G-F 5 Connecticut/Canada
12 Rae Burrell G-F 2 Tennessee/USA
15 Aari McDonald G 3 Arizona/USA
22 Cameron Brink F R Stanford/USA
23 Azurá Stevens F-C 6 Connecticut/USA
25 Layshia Clarendon G 10 California/USA
28 Li Yueru C 1 China
Guard Julie Allemand has opted out of the 2024 WNBA season and will be placed on a full season suspension due to injury.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/13/24 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

I'm from LA and I root for Sparks when they're not being stupid. This is stupid. Having your tallest player being nowhere near a center and centers nowhere near tall enough to compete is just stupid. Bad team. Cardoso was exactly the player this team needed.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 05/13/24 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

I'm from LA and I root for Sparks when they're not being stupid. This is stupid. Having your tallest player being nowhere near a center and centers nowhere near tall enough to compete is just stupid. Bad team. Cardoso was exactly the player this team needed.

The tram isn't winning this year anyway. They're rebuilding. They took the best player and will worry about filling needs down the road.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

Instead Raegan & Curt bought the ESPN hype versus what the team needed to compete. I was laughing when they did not take Cardoso #2 and Jackson #4. That would have been a more competitive squad.

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

Instead Raegan & Curt bought the ESPN hype versus what the team needed to compete. I was laughing when they did not take Cardoso #2 and Jackson #4. That would have been a more competitive squad.

They don't want a more competitive squad this year. They want to maximize their ping pong balls. Brink will be the better player over the long term.

jap

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

They don't want a more competitive squad this year. They want to maximize their ping pong balls. Brink will be the better player over the long term.

That may very well be the plan.indeed. I understand Paige's decision to stay for another collegiate year, but it would have been SWEET if she came out for this draft.

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

I Disagree .....Cardoso will be around for a longggg time ala Erika De Souza. And She can ACTUALLY play Center Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/14/24 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

The Sparks traded for 6'7 center Li Yueru in February, she is coming off a season in Turkey where she was one of the best players in the league, so if they see her as their long term center of the future it doesn't make sense to draft another center. I know international players doesn't always have the best history of staying long term in the league and she didn't play well when she was in Chicago a few years ago, but she is older now and more experience than she was then. There was also talks on social media of her not coming over till after the Olympics and she was here at the start of training camp, so I think that shows she wants to play and is willing to come over even when most aren't.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/24 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

The Sparks traded for 6'7 center Li Yueru in February, she is coming off a season in Turkey where she was one of the best players in the league, so if they see her as their long term center of the future it doesn't make sense to draft another center. I know international players doesn't always have the best history of staying long term in the league and she didn't play well when she was in Chicago a few years ago, but she is older now and more experience than she was then. There was also talks on social media of her not coming over till after the Olympics and she was here at the start of training camp, so I think that shows she wants to play and is willing to come over even when most aren't.

You said Center of the future then followed it up international players dont have the best history of stayig long term Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/15/24 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
This is a bad team.

You said Center of the future then followed it up international players dont have the best history of stayig long term Laughing Laughing

And then followed that up with she could be different because she came over in an Olympic year when most don’t.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/16/24 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then she played four minutes, even though Brink had five fouls in 19 minutes.

PostPosted: 05/16/24 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
And then she played four minutes, even though Brink had five fouls in 19 minutes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You better readddddddd Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 05/16/24 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Anyone thinking Brink would get called for fewer fouls in the W, well, you need to think again. She's a slender 6'4 going up against 6'6+ full grown women. LA expecting the impossible from her.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 05/16/24 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Anyone thinking Brink would get called for fewer fouls in the W, well, you need to think again. She's a slender 6'4 going up against 6'6+ full grown women. LA expecting the impossible from her.

She certainly wasn't facing anyone 6'6 on the Dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: