RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Paige Throwing Out Hints

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/14/24 11:29 pm    ::: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing #GoldenStateValkryies

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/i3aVu7QCuiush66P/?mibextid=xfxF2i
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/15/24 10:43 am    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:

Paige might be throwing out hints, but we don't know if Golden State will even get the number one overall draft pick. Not sure they're even going to be in the lottery.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/15/24 11:02 am    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Paige might be throwing out hints, but we don't know if Golden State will even get the number one overall draft pick. Not sure they're even going to be in the lottery.

The Vals aren't getting Paige. She's coming to LA.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/15/24 12:22 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

They probably won't but there is still an option of a sign and trade if GSV can put together an attractive enough package. That is also a really long shot but worth considering.
jap

PostPosted: 05/15/24 1:15 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Spark4Life has spoken: all who have ears ,(and eyes) let them hear (and see)!!! Laughing

PostPosted: 05/15/24 3:42 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Spark4Life has spoken: all who have ears ,(and eyes) let them hear (and see)!!! Laughing

🙏

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/15/24 4:37 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Sparks aren't winning anything until they get a center.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/24 4:44 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Not sure why you're so fixated on them needing a center. The Aces have won back-to-back titles with a 6'4 center who can't score. The Sun are a strong contender with the small forward as their tallest player on the court. It's extremely possible to win without a center or at least without a good one.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/15/24 4:48 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Not sure why you're so fixated on them needing a center. The Aces have won back-to-back titles with a 6'4 center who can't score. The Sun are a strong contender with the small forward as their tallest player on the court. It's extremely possible to win without a center or at least without a good one.

Those two teams go to show that you can compete for a championship without a "true" center, if you have a generational player elsewhere in your frontcourt... Do the Sparks have one of those?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/24 5:01 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Those two teams go to show that you can compete for a championship without a "true" center, if you have a generational player elsewhere in your frontcourt... Do the Sparks have one of those?

When was the last time a team won a WNBA championship without one? The 08 Shock?

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/15/24 5:04 pm    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

When was the last time a team won a WNBA championship without one? The 08 Shock?

The center position was arguable the weakest of the Lynx titles in 2011 and 2013.

PostPosted: 05/16/24 10:40 am    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

The center position was arguable the weakest of the Lynx titles in 2011 and 2013.

The game is not the same as it was in these haydays you guys bring up Laughing Laughing . LA definitely needs a damn center seriously , Brink is a baller but she is not a Center never will be . And Li is still a project in this league. Folks want to turn the blind eye because brink is one of their faves but truth is truth she cannot defend Center's in this league. She's a great Stretch 4 who can make great helpside blocks on driving guards.

PostPosted: 05/16/24 11:05 am    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The game is not the same as it was in these haydays you guys bring up Laughing Laughing . LA definitely needs a damn center seriously , Brink is a baller but she is not a Center never will be . And Li is still a project in this league. Folks want to turn the blind eye because brink is one of their faves but truth is truth she cannot defend Center's in this league. She's a great Stretch 4 who can make great helpside blocks on driving guards.

The Aces have won the last two titles with a center no taller than Brink who cannot score at all. The Sun are contenders right now and their best center is little seen Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

Brink isn't a center, but a center isn't really necessary to be a contender.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/16/24 11:13 am    ::: Re: Paige Throwing Out Hints Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The Aces have won the last two titles with a center no taller than Brink who cannot score at all. The Sun are contenders right now and their best center is little seen Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

Brink isn't a center, but a center isn't really necessary to be a contender.

Can Brink Bang the way Kiah Stokes can ? Nelson Ododa is not the Center that will win the Sun the championship neither we saw last season right? AT and DB are their everything. Hopefully B Jones returns to form . Brink literally is almost 78 pounds lighter than stokes so there's no way you can use that comparison. Its not fair to Brink nor is it fair the Stokes who plays on a team with 4 Olympians .

PostPosted: 05/16/24 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brionna Jones is only 6'2. She's not a center.

The 2017 Lynx were the last team to win a championship with a center over 6'4, and as you said that was a different game. The days of winning with dominant paint monsters is over.

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/17/24 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps Jokic has a sister.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: