Fever
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Sun
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/24 9:47 am    ::: Fever @ Sun - 5/14/24 Reply Reply with quote

Uncasville, CT - 7:30 PM ET
TV: ESPN2, (Disney+)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401620219#bucketId=7947

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256491

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400002/IND-vs-CON

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 05/14/24 5:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who will guard CC, with jones back for CT I'm guessing thomas will have more ability to guard outside the paint this season, and that would be interesting to me.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
who will guard CC, with jones back for CT I'm guessing thomas will have more ability to guard outside the paint this season, and that would be interesting to me.

I think White put's Carrington on her and forces her right or at least attempts too. Im intrigued to see how B. Jones looks as well post injury .

PostPosted: 05/14/24 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope there’s little/no Sides effect.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/24 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is cool that Disney+ has a camera on the court before the game. I tuned in around 4:27 PST so don't know when they started it but it seemed they had been doing it for a while the way the announcers were talking.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/14/24 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

F Sides! Let’s go Caitlin!

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/24 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sides has made some comments about Clark's game, like she has given Clark 1/2 a second to make a decision when she comes off a screen and said she doesn't want Clark to come off a screen and "start dancing". And she wants Clark to be ready to take long 2s and implied she isn't a fan of her long 3s (which Lin Dunn appeared to disagree with). For now Clark is all smiles but I think they could conflict at some point if Clark feels she isn't having the success she could.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/14/24 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hate to start this already, but WNBA refs HAVE to be better.

People payed hundreds..and some paid thousands to see Clark. And you call her for 2 touch fouls in the first five minutes of the game.. Come on..

She shouldn’t get Princess treatment, but don’t be stupid the other way either..

PostPosted: 05/14/24 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Sides has made some comments about Clark's game, like she has given Clark 1/2 a second to make a decision when she comes off a screen and said she doesn't want Clark to come off a screen and "start dancing". And she wants Clark to be ready to take long 2s and implied she isn't a fan of her long 3s (which Lin Dunn appeared to disagree with). For now Clark is all smiles but I think they could conflict at some point if Clark feels she isn't having the success she could.

Mixed response. CC def won't be able to make some moves at this level that she's used to so reducing opportunity for turnovers is good. Don't agree with the advice to shoot long 2's instead of logo 3's. Shoot when/wherever open.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/14/24 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This is cool that Disney+ has a camera on the court before the game. I tuned in around 4:27 PST so don't know when they started it but it seemed they had been doing it for a while the way the announcers were talking.

I was disappointed but not surprised to discover that they didn't have an alternative broadcast crew for the Disney+ coverage.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/14/24 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:

I was disappointed but not surprised to discover that they didn't have an alternative broadcast crew for the Disney+ coverage.

You know, we complain about our two, but after watching the NBA, these two are so enjoyable Laughing

CT Sun look very good. I’m excited to watch Carrington this season with a bigger role, she’s always had star energy about her.

Tough AF team for Indiana to play in their first game. The Sun have played together for years, is physical as all hell, tall..just rough for a young new team to play against.

PostPosted: 05/14/24 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Indy had the option of signing a legit PG to play alongside Clark but they chose to sign KLS instead.....Idiots.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/24 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401620219

Clark finishes with 20 points on 5-15 shooting (4-11 from three). 6 of 6 free throws. 3 assists, 2 steals, 10 turnovers.

A lot of WNBA folks must be checking her stats and watching her games closely. As someone said on YouTube, college fans aren't buying large quantities of tickets to see Clark play like Sabrina Ionescu or Courtney Vandersloot (both all-stars) in the WNBA.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many rooks have gotten a double double in their first game?

I only watched the second half, in which Boston hardly ever touched the ball and got off only two shots, missing both. Can Indy not pass into the post or is the Sun's post defense a steel curtain?
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Well, Indy had the option of signing a legit PG to play alongside Clark but they chose to sign KLS instead.....Idiots.

Who should that have signed that would be willing to do what Erica Wheeler is doing? They want to develop Caitlin so they need someone to be a mentor for her and willing step aside for Caitlin to run the show and work on her in game adjustments and feel for the WNBA level of play. No top point guard is going to do that, so who do you think they should have signed that would do that. There are point guards that could come in a play for them now and probably help the team, but that’s not what the Fever need.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Before today, 12

Dewanna Bonner
Liz Cambage
Tamika Catchings
Tina Charles
Charli Collier
Natasha Howard
Glory Johnson
Nicole Ohlde
Candace Parker
NaLyssa Smith
A'ja Wilson
Sophia Young

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Before today, 12

Dewanna Bonner
Liz Cambage
Tamika Catchings
Tina Charles
Charli Collier
Natasha Howard
Glory Johnson
Nicole Ohlde
Candace Parker
NaLyssa Smith
A'ja Wilson
Sophia Young

So, CC is the first guard to do so, and I imagine none of the others did it "her way."
coffy73

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Before today, 12

Dewanna Bonner
Liz Cambage
Tamika Catchings
Tina Charles
Charli Collier
Natasha Howard
Glory Johnson
Nicole Ohlde
Candace Parker
NaLyssa Smith
A'ja Wilson
Sophia Young

And they didn't have 10 whopping turnovers.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

So, CC is the first guard to do so, and I imagine none of the others did it "her way."

The box score doesn't show a double double from Clark unless you are being sarcastic about the 10 turnovers. It shows 20 points, 0 rebounds. 3 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401620219

zune69

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Who should that have signed that would be willing to do what Erica Wheeler is doing? They want to develop Caitlin so they need someone to be a mentor for her and willing step aside for Caitlin to run the show and work on her in game adjustments and feel for the WNBA level of play. No top point guard is going to do that, so who do you think they should have signed that would do that. There are point guards that could come in a play for them now and probably help the team, but that’s not what the Fever need.

Clark should be playing a little more off the ball and sharing the ball-handling duties...Having her run the offense and lead the team in fg att is asking to much for a rookie...It also messes up the rhyme of the offense...Having a PG lead the team in fg att rarely works.....There were several FA pg's available including SDS/Cloud....If Taurasi can get her touches playing alongside high-usage guards, then so can Clark......Signing SDS/Cloud would've also helped the defense

Clark will be fine...but I believe having a veteran PG who can run the offense, get to the bucket, and play defense would've lightened the load on her shoulders.................Indy choose KLS over SDS.....SMH.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Clark should be playing a little more off the ball and sharing the ball-handling duties...Having her run the offense and lead the team in fg att is asking to much for a rookie...It also messes up the rhyme of the offense...Having a PG lead the team in fg att rarely works.....There were several FA pg's available including SDS/Cloud....If Taurasi can get her touches playing alongside high-usage guards, then so can Clark......Signing SDS/Cloud would've also helped the defense

Indy choose KLS over SDS.....SMH.

Which of those players would mentor Caitlin and also being willing to step aside when the time is right for her to take over. The Fever don’t need a guard to help them this year and prevent Caitlin from developing they need someone who will help her grow and prepare her for the future by taking a back seat and stepping in when necessary but giving her room to make mistakes. Don’t see either of the players you mentioned wanting to be backseat players and helping the team prepare for the future they want to play and win now.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/15/24 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401620220

zune69

PostPosted: 05/15/24 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Which of those players would mentor Caitlin and also being willing to step aside when the time is right for her to take over. The Fever don’t need a guard to help them this year and prevent Caitlin from developing they need someone who will help her grow and prepare her for the future by taking a back seat and stepping in when necessary but giving her room to make mistakes. Don’t see either of the players you mentioned wanting to be backseat players and helping the team prepare for the future they want to play and win now.

Stop it...Wheeler isn't mentoring shyt...There were a couple of plays where Clark was wide open and Wheeler did not throw her the ball....Indy needs a pg who is a willing passer.....Wheeler is a perennial loser.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/15/24 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Stop it...Wheeler isn't mentoring shyt...There were a couple of plays where Clark was wide open and Wheeler did not throw her the ball....Indy needs a pg who is a willing passer.....Wheeler is a perennial loser.

I don’t know how the game played out, but both players have talked about how she is helping her. Just cause you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not true. And I trust their word, the people actually involved over someone who is not in the locker room, team meetings, etc..

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/15/24 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Hate to start this already, but WNBA refs HAVE to be better.

People payed hundreds..and some paid thousands to see Clark. And you call her for 2 touch fouls in the first five minutes of the game.. Come on..

She shouldn’t get Princess treatment, but don’t be stupid the other way either..

Then she should... IDK... not commit fouls. I don't care how much people paid to see her. The last fucking thing we need is her getting Jordan Rules.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: