RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 Connecticut @ Marquette - 2/08/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 02/10/23 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
It wasn't YOU I was quoting and referencing, Myrtle!

Ummmm....Myrtle wasn't actually sticking her fingers in this pot (for ONCE! Razz )

But regardless, I'm still finding all this sturm und drang very entertaining. Cool

I'm ALSO pondering how UConn's gonna look a year from now, with everybody back - the screw will most definitely turn. Shocked

PostPosted: 02/10/23 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice work by my undergrad alma mater!

Can't say I've followed Marquette WBB at all, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the school.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/10/23 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
South Carolina's defense vs. UConn: gives up 77 points on 51.9% fg & 25 fta's, and forces 13 to's

Marquette's defense vs. UConn: gives up 52 points on 40.4% fg & 12 fta's, and forces 19 to's

🧐🤔😉

It must be noted that Marquette got to face UConn after the game vs S.Carolina. UConn starters played a lot of minutes in both games and were clearly losing their legs vs Marquette. Not trying to take the shine off Marquette's victory, just trying to shake off the shade being thrown at South Carolina by grumpy UConn fans.

not me once again getting accused of being a UConn homer Laughing also did you not see the wink emoji at the end there?

It wasn't YOU I was quoting and referencing, Myrtle! It was the grumpy UConn fan who ran with your tongue in cheek post! Somehow using a 2nd UConn loss in a row to throw shade at the coach who's usurped Geno is mind boggling. When South Carolina wins another National Championship, I imagine them jumping all over HOW they did it (it's ONLY because Dawn gets the best talent cuz she flat out SUCKS as a coach). Now that Muffet, the Husky killer, is no longer coaching, all the sturm and drang is focused on Dawn Staley.

helo yes it is i, myrtle Laughing Laughing Laughing

also, saying Staley whose team is undefeated & #1 in the polls sucks as a coach seems like… maybe not the most sensible timing to say that, is all

if SoCar actually loses a game this season, perhaps such a statement can be revisited depending on what that looks like

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/11/23 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Ummmm....Myrtle wasn't actually sticking her fingers in this pot (for ONCE! Razz )

But regardless, I'm still finding all this sturm und drang very entertaining. Cool

I'm ALSO pondering how UConn's gonna look a year from now, with everybody back - the screw will most definitely turn. Shocked

This! Thank you. I think people who've been giddy in our demise forget what is actually sitting on the bench in warmups. Provided they all come back healthy, plus the recruits we have coming in, we could be very dangerous the next two years.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/13/23 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A bit late here, but today I read an interesting bit of trivia. Megan Duffy joins, Niele Ivey, Dawn Staley and now Denise Dillion as the only 4 people who have beaten Geno Auriemma's UConn squad as both a player and a coach.

Also, Ivey and Duffy are the only two who have beaten UConn under Auriiemma as a player, assistant coach, and head coach.

Congrats to Duffy and Marquette.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/13/23 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

This! Thank you. I think people who've been giddy in our demise forget what is actually sitting on the bench in warmups. Provided they all come back healthy, plus the recruits we have coming in, we could be very dangerous the next two years.

LOL Next year the "Geno is done" folks will switch back to being folks who say "Geno only wins because he gets all the best players".

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/13/23 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
A bit late here, but today I read an interesting bit of trivia. Megan Duffy joins, Niele Ivey, Dawn Staley and now Denise Dillion as the only 4 people who have beaten Geno Auriemma's UConn squad as both a player and a coach.

Also, Ivey and Duffy are the only two who have beaten UConn under Auriiemma as a player, assistant coach, and head coach.

That makes Megan the only one to do it at three different schools, right?

PostPosted: 02/13/23 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

That makes Megan the only one to do it at three different schools, right?

Yeah, player at ND, assistant at SJU, and head coach at Marquette.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/13/23 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

LOL Next year the "Geno is done" folks will switch back to being folks who say "Geno only wins because he gets all the best players".

Just a warning from a fan of a team that has had periods of really bad luck with injuries.

First, assuming that a player coming back from injury will be back at full strength is not a given. Often the time it takes for rehab takes time away from working on getting stronger.

Second, sometimes once players start getting injured, they become more injury prone. ND had that with Briana Turner. As a UConn fan, might I remind you of Shea Ralph's playing history? There's a reason why, while a lot of other ND fans want Nat Marshall to get a lot more playing time, I'm often saying "Let's just make sure to ease her back in. They might be giving her limited minutes for a reason."

linkster

PostPosted: 02/13/23 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Just a warning from a fan of a team that has had periods of really bad luck with injuries.

First, assuming that a player coming back from injury will be back at full strength is not a given. Often the time it takes for rehab takes time away from working on getting stronger.

Second, sometimes once players start getting injured, they become more injury prone. ND had that with Briana Turner. As a UConn fan, might I remind you of Shea Ralph's playing history? There's a reason why, while a lot of other ND fans want Nat Marshall to get a lot more playing time, I'm often saying "Let's just make sure to ease her back in. They might be giving her limited minutes for a reason."

Next November will be 15 months from Bueckers' surgery. I understand the possible problems but for every Turner there is a Sue Bird.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/13/23 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Turner is the best example for ND, I'd be more inclined to say someone like Dev Peters being more injury prone.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/14/23 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Next November will be 15 months from Bueckers' surgery. I understand the possible problems but for every Turner there is a Sue Bird.

And for every Sue Bird there is a Shea Ralph.

PostPosted: 02/14/23 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I know that despite your fears, in your heart you want everyone coming back at 100% even if it means UConn goes undefeated next year. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: