RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/08/22 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed and who cares how she earns her money.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/09/22 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc has posted a video on the World Cup thread where Andrew Gaze clarifies that the fight was not between Cambage and Ezi Magbegor, but between Liz and the Nigerians. The host of that previous video first noted that Ezi was offended, then afterward said a brawl broke out, making it sound like cause and effect. However, Gaze was specifically asked if the fight was between Cambage and Magbegor. He said no. Nonetheless, if this incident caused a rift between Magbegor and Cambage, then the situation with Team Nigeria had to be resolved not only based on principle or PR optics but also to maintain team unity. It appears that on some level Australia Basketball had to choose sides.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks exercised that 4th year option on Chennedy Carter.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/22 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Lou Samuelson signed to a one-year extension.
https://sparks.wnba.com/news/la-sparks-announce-contract-extension-for-katie-lou-samuelson/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/18/22 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.latimes.com/sports/sparks/story/2022-05-18/sparks-new-season-derek-fisher-job-security-shaky-start

Quote:
Fisher explained that no, the entire thing was planned: Cambage was supposed to catch it and throw it out to Brown, instead of Samuelson throwing directly to Brown, because it is “really difficult to throw directly to three on the catch, at times.”

PostPosted: 05/18/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA Sparks can help the Mystics get a top 5 or 6 draft pick in the 2023 Draft. The Mystics trade with the Dream will allow the Mystics to move up in the 2023 Draft if the Sparks have a worst record.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/18/22 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://www.latimes.com/sports/sparks/story/2022-05-18/sparks-new-season-derek-fisher-job-security-shaky-start

Well, dang! I gather this writer is not a fan - but, for as much as I know about these things, it seems no lies were told...

PostPosted: 05/18/22 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://sparks.wnba.com/news/la-sparks-announce-contract-extension-for-katie-lou-samuelson/

Because who wouldn't extend the player that clanked the game losing play of the game - hitting the rim with a pass? But there's always hope Sparks ownership will tire of the steady downward decline of the team since hiring Fisher and finally send him packing. Then it will be Katie Lou looking for her 4th team in 4 years.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/18/22 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:
Fisher explained that no, the entire thing was planned: Cambage was supposed to catch it and throw it out to Brown, instead of Samuelson throwing directly to Brown, because it is “really difficult to throw directly to three on the catch, at times.”

The plan was to get it in to Liz, and for her to kick it back out to a shooter? How much time did Fisher think they had?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/18/22 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Because who wouldn't extend the player that clanked the game losing play of the game - hitting the rim with a pass? But there's always hope Sparks ownership will tire of the steady downward decline of the team since hiring Fisher and finally send him packing. Then it will be Katie Lou looking for her 4th team in 4 years.

Chicago
Dallas
Seattle
LA
Yikes she''s been traded 4 times already and gets an extension Laughing Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: 05/18/22 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Chicago
Dallas
Seattle
LA
Yikes she''s been traded 4 times already and gets an extension Laughing Laughing Shocked

Birthday Cakes are forever.

PostPosted: 05/18/22 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Well, dang! I gather this writer is not a fan - but, for as much as I know about these things, it seems no lies were told...

Wow, I didn't know it was so bad with the Sparks. Keep up the good work Derek, the Mystics can use that 2023 Lottery Pick that was traded to the Dream. Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 05/29/22 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rae Burrell underwent successful right knee surgery yesterday. She will be reevaluated again in 6-8 weeks and is expected to return later in the 2022 season

PostPosted: 05/29/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rae Burrell underwent successful right knee surgery yesterday. She will be reevaluated again in 6-8 weeks and is expected to return later in the 2022 season

Torn Meniscus?

PostPosted: 05/29/22 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/liz-cambage-called-nigerian-players-monkeys-slapped-rival-in-the-face/news-story/013353c7eabbc113b56cbc35ddeaa628

Quote:
In the ensuing mayhem Cambage slaps another Nigerian player across the face and racially vilifies the entire African team by labelling them “monkeys” and telling them to “go back to your third world country”.

PostPosted: 05/29/22 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/liz-cambage-called-nigerian-players-monkeys-slapped-rival-in-the-face/news-story/013353c7eabbc113b56cbc35ddeaa628

Quote:
In the ensuing mayhem Cambage slaps another Nigerian player across the face and racially vilifies the entire African team by labelling them “monkeys” and telling them to “go back to your third world country”.

Quote:
The Sunday Telegraph investigation also revealed Cambage told Nigerian players before the practice match that she wished she was playing for Nigeria because her Australian teammates were racist.

Liz is such a narcissist. Takes no responsibility for anything, always throws blame elsewhere, claims racism at every step but is spouting hateful shit towards everyone else.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/29/22 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Sunday Telegraph investigation also revealed Cambage told Nigerian players before the practice match that she wished she was playing for Nigeria because her Australian teammates were racist.

Liz is such a narcissist. Takes no responsibility for anything, always throws blame elsewhere, claims racism at every step but is spouting hateful shit towards everyone else.

Eh, Cambage being a violent bigot and the victim of racism are not contradictory statements. I also don't see anything in that report which supports the claim that she's "throwing blame elsewhere."

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/29/22 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I believe the WNBA should have a investigation into Liz Cambage's conduct, if found at fault then Liz Cambage should be suspended indefinitely.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/29/22 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I believe the WNBA should have a investigation into Liz Cambage's conduct, if found at fault then Liz Cambage should be suspended indefinitely.

Why? This is Opals business; let the Opals handle it.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/29/22 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The WNBA in the past has suspended players for the off court transgressions I doubt they will do anything in this situation since they haven't done anything yet.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/29/22 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The WNBA in the past has suspended players for the off court transgressions I doubt they will do anything in this situation since they haven't done anything yet.

I hope the WNBA Players police Liz Cambage if the league ignores racist comments by one of their employees (off season or during the season)

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/29/22 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I hope the WNBA Players police Liz Cambage if the league ignores racist comments by one of their employees (off season or during the season)

By doing what?

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/29/22 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

There are at least 3 people in the Sparks organization that were part of the game/scrimmage. So while a lot of information is coming out now, I can't imagine those that were part of the game didn't already address before they welcomed her with open arms to the team.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/29/22 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
There are at least 3 people in the Sparks organization that were part of the game/scrimmage. So while a lot of information is coming out now, I can't imagine those that were part of the game didn't already address before they welcomed her with open arms to the team.

Yeah, exactly. Back when it happened the word obviously spread pretty fast because plenty of players were saying things about it on social media (without any specifics, but if you already knew what they were talking about then you knew what they were talking about). So presumably the Sparks organisation also knew.
But even if they didn't (or if they're playing the charade of pretending they didn't know until now), I'm not really sure what they should be expected to do about something that happened outside of their jurisdiction like this.
For the Opals it is simple, and has already happened.
For the Sparks it is more complicated. I would imagine that it has already been addressed and dealt with.

PostPosted: 05/30/22 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Chennedy Carter ever smile? Her on-court demeanor carries the same familiar look as primetime Kristi Toliver. Do we have two 'Lil Mopeys in our backcourt now? Do both of them spit on the court - like Dirty Diana? Will Lisa Leslie have to spank both of them for raining unholy water on HER court? I suppose if Chennedy can evolve into a primetime clutch scorer like the original 'Lil Mopey, she can continue to look as gloomy as 'Lil Mopey 1.0. Two Scrooges in the City of Angels' backcourt! Will that come to spell 'Doomsday' for opponents? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: