RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/04/22 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, they have more moves coming. We're going to see a bunch of teams add hardship exception players immediately, which you're eligible for if you're under 10 available players. So LA may well do that.

PostPosted: 05/04/22 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do the Sparks have a dance team and/or cheer squad? Cooper would probably be as effective, or at least get the amount of attention she's used to, with them.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 05/04/22 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Do the Sparks have a dance team and/or cheer squad? Cooper would probably be as effective, or at least get the amount of attention she's used to, with them.

They do. It's the unimaginatively named Sparks Crew.

PostPosted: 05/05/22 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA Traded Zahui B ? That's the rumor mill waiting on confirmations

PostPosted: 05/05/22 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not traded, but on full season suspension list: https://twitter.com/WBBWorldWide/status/1522327210165772289

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/05/22 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Not traded, but on full season suspension list: https://twitter.com/WBBWorldWide/status/1522327210165772289

Confused Confused Confused Trade must not have been lucrative

PostPosted: 05/05/22 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Confused Confused Confused

Yikes. I didn't see that one coming. Now I am not liking our post depth as much given Chiney's injury history and the inexperience of Walker and Nelson-Ododa.

Canada/*Toliver
Carter/Brown/Atwell
Sykes/*Samuelson/Burrell
N. Ogwumike/Walker
Cambage/C. Ogwumike/Nelson-Ododa

I am guessing that Brown will have to be waived when Toliver and Samuelson come back . Also, I would start Toliver over Canada.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/05/22 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage Is Done ‘Living Someone Else’s Dream’
The W.N.B.A. star is outspoken, confident and, finally, where she wants to be: in Los Angeles, playing for the Sparks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/sports/basketball/liz-cambage-los-angeles-sparks.html

PostPosted: 05/05/22 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage is the star the Sparks got—and a voice the WNBA needs more than ever
Quote:
Sometimes Liz Cambage wonders what she’s doing here.
Not Los Angeles. That part she knows. It’s because of a pinky promise the 6-foot-8 Australian center made in August 2018, in the midst of a career year for the Dallas Wings in which she would win the scoring title. The Wings’ season had started out strong, but after an eight-game skid, head coach Fred Williams—who’d helped convince Cambage to return to the WNBA after a long stint abroad — was fired in dramatic fashion, outside of the team locker room after a game.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-05-05/liz-cambage

PostPosted: 05/05/22 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like how they say dramatic fashion versus physical attack Laughing Laughing Laughing
Where’s the powers that be aka Ariel Powers when you need her

PostPosted: 05/08/22 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy posted a video on his Twitter account that gives the Australian view as told by Jenna O'Hea. We've always been led to believe Liz got into a fight with the Nigerian team. Now, we finally learn that the fight was with Ezi Magbegor. Apparently, Cambage told a Nigerian player to go back to her third-world country. Ezi, who is originally from Nigeria, took offense. So, that's what made it easy for the Australians to kick Liz off the team. They were siding with Magbegor as well as expressing disapproval of what Cambage said to the Nigerians.

https://twitter.com/abcsport/status/1523123703890214913

PostPosted: 05/08/22 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Wikipedia is to be believed, Cambage's father is Nigerian. Which makes the whole thing even more nuts.

PostPosted: 05/08/22 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to mention her new teammates, the Ogwumikes, who wanted to play on the Nigerian team.

PostPosted: 05/08/22 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If Wikipedia is to be believed, Cambage's father is Nigerian. Which makes the whole thing even more nuts.

It's pretty clear to most of us that Cambage is full of self loathing and constantly looking for acceptance from outside of herself. She has is for the moment. But if she opens her yap to share one of her "pearls of wisdom" that piss off her teammates, it will vanish in a nanosecond just like it did with her Australian teammates. 3...2...1

But make no mistake. Liz's primary money comes from posing for mostly male viewers in adult only content. That site makes more $$ (& Liz makes more $$) with any/every controversy involving her. It's in her financial best interests to go out in a blaze of glory and earn the really big bucks for herself.

Liz has no loyalty to any team - even her national team. Creating a kerfuffle with her national team was VERY lucrative for her financially. Best believe her agent (who makes $$ whenever Liz makes $$) will have an eagle eye out for Liz to do whatever makes them $$.

When Chennedy and Liz come to blows, it WILL be filmed and it WILL be sold for big bucks. It won't matter that little Chennedy will beat the holy crap outa Big Liz. Chennedy will be cut in on the deal, by the way, as will Fisher and Sparks front office. Because there had to be a reason the Sparks hired Fisher to completely dismantle a championship team and bring in the ticking time bomb to replace them. After the team (including the O's) will be completely exploded and dispersed, LA will have the $$ to assemble a superteam and pay whatever measley fines the WNBA assesses them while breaking all rules to do so.

Yes, this is written by a former Sparks fan, completely disgusted by what this team has become.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/08/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

It's pretty clear to most of us that Cambage is full of self loathing and constantly looking for acceptance from outside of herself. She has is for the moment. But if she opens her yap to share one of her "pearls of wisdom" that piss off her teammates, it will vanish in a nanosecond just like it did with her Australian teammates. 3...2...1

But make no mistake. Liz's primary money comes from posing for mostly male viewers in adult only content. That site makes more $$ (& Liz makes more $$) with any/every controversy involving her. It's in her financial best interests to go out in a blaze of glory and earn the really big bucks for herself.

Liz has no loyalty to any team - even her national team. Creating a kerfuffle with her national team was VERY lucrative for her financially. Best believe her agent (who makes $$ whenever Liz makes $$) will have an eagle eye out for Liz to do whatever makes them $$.

It's funny how fandom works. You guys read this stuff about Cambage, and it makes you want to pray for her downfall. I read the exact same stuff, and all it does is make me want to see her shine, and succeed, and win. Like, I don't care about the Sparks, one way or the other, but I want them to win the championship, just to see how many of the people who have convinced themselves that it won't work would have the integrity to admit they were wrong.

Quote:
... When Chennedy and Liz come to blows, it WILL be filmed and it WILL be sold for big bucks. It won't matter that little Chennedy will beat the holy crap outa Big Liz...

LOL, if you say so.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/08/22 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Richyyy posted a video on his Twitter account that gives the Australian view as told by Jenna O'Hea. We've always been led to believe Liz got into a fight with the Nigerian team. Now, we finally learn that the fight was with Ezi Magbegor. Apparently, Cambage told a Nigerian player to go back to her third-world country. Ezi, who is originally from Nigeria, took offense. So, that's what made it easy for the Australians to kick Liz off the team. They were siding with Magbegor as well as expressing disapproval of what Cambage said to the Nigerians.

https://twitter.com/abcsport/status/1523123703890214913

Yikes Shocked

craigmont

PostPosted: 05/08/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

You're privy to Cambage's income figures from OnlyFans? Do tell.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/08/22 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They didnt say that the brawl was between Cambage and Ezi though. Only that Ezi took exception. But it says enough that Jenna OHea is so outspoken. She has probably played with Liz the longest in the Opals and WNBL and they were good friends i think

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 05/08/22 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
jap

PostPosted: 05/08/22 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hollywood Liz: "This is MY world, and the rest of y'all are just living in it! If y'all don't shut up about me, I'm gonna start charging you rent!!!"

PostPosted: 05/08/22 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage and Alanna Smith had an extended hug after today's game. So, it's not all bad blood with former Opals. Probably a complicated situation with a lot of layers.

PostPosted: 05/08/22 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Cambage and Alanna Smith had an extended hug after today's game. So, it's not all bad blood with former Opals. Probably a complicated situation with a lot of layers.

EVERYTHING with Liz is multiple layers! You have to multiply normal social complications by all the various facets of her own mental woes and the resultant scarred character, and you end up with one weird multi-tiered cocktail.

Last edited by jap on 05/08/22 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/08/22 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, a rumor that Cambage got AZB suspended for the year. Is that even possible? There are pretty strict rules about when a player can be suspended, right? Does anyone know the supposed reason for Zahui B's suspension?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/08/22 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

FWIW, the LA Times article I linked above included
Quote:
Cambage DJs, co-owns multiple businesses back home in Australia and has built out a sizable following on OnlyFans, a subscription-based social media platform that first became known for hosting adult content. (She won’t share how much she’s earned on the platform, but said that after only five months, she’s halfway to her goal: “It’s the fastest money I’ve ever made.”)

PostPosted: 05/08/22 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Also, a rumor that Cambage got AZB suspended for the year. Is that even possible? There are pretty strict rules about when a player can be suspended, right? Does anyone know the supposed reason for Zahui B's suspension?

As it's written in the CBA, you can unilaterally suspend someone as a 'holdout' once they're 14 days late for the season (in this case, the start of the season is the start of training camp). However, if they notify you that they're going to be there within 21 days of the start of the season, you have to wait until they're 21 days late to suspend them. The interesting element to that is that this year, the start of the regular season fell between 14 and 21 days from the start. So by the letter of the law, if her agent notified the team that she would be arriving within 21 days of the start (which would've been a lie, but eh), then they wouldn't have been able to suspend her until today - by which time they'd have been required to make other cuts to fit her salary under the cap.

I don't know for sure if all that applied, though - like I said, that's letter of the law. They have 'moved' the start of the season in the past so that this rule makes more sense. But maybe she didn't notify them, in which case it was legal to suspend her whether she liked it or not once we hit 14 days. It's all a bit messy, and reminiscent of the Gabby Williams mess from last year. Whether AZB was actually suspended because Cambage doesn't like her, I have no idea. I probably heard the same things you did. But Liz's views on her doesn't affect whether it was legal or not.

PostPosted: 05/08/22 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
craigmont wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

FWIW, the LA Times article I linked above included
Quote:
Cambage DJs, co-owns multiple businesses back home in Australia and has built out a sizable following on OnlyFans, a subscription-based social media platform that first became known for hosting adult content. (She won’t share how much she’s earned on the platform, but said that after only five months, she’s halfway to her goal: “It’s the fastest money I’ve ever made.”)

I read that article as well, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how that quote can be interpreted as, "Liz's primary money comes from posing for mostly male viewers in adult only content."

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: