RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/20/21 5:55 pm    ::: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

It's going to be a long off season. Makes some moves, Sparks.

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/20/21 6:41 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:

First one should be getting rid of D. Fisher

PostPosted: 09/20/21 6:46 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Amber Stocks is available.

PostPosted: 09/20/21 6:56 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Exactly. Plus, she also has history with the organization and players already on roster

PostPosted: 09/20/21 6:58 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Exactly. Plus, she also has history with the organization and players already on roster

Sooooo Gabby Williams at the 4 again? Is that what y’all want? 😅

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/20/21 7:01 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Yes, you know we would both love it!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/20/21 7:05 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Yes, you know we would both love it!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/20/21 7:51 pm    ::: Re: Los Angeles Sparks 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

I forgot Williams got traded to them. It doesn't have to be Stocks - but this dude right here..... Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 09/21/21 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trade E. Wheeler for Chennedy Carter (If Atl still want to get rid of Carter and keep C. Will and go for a win now kind of thing with Ch. Parker, Billings, McDonald, Sims etc they might do it. Wheeler seems like a good fit with those players and could probably start.

that frees up enough money to re-sign Coffey and Cooper and Cox

Hope Toliver or Chiney retire so you can bring in a mid to high level free agent or you can convince Vadeeva to come over for like 60-70K, if not of that happens try to strike it rich with pick #15

Carter/Cooper/#15 D. Henderson or A. Hayes
Toliver/Guirantes
Sykes/Williams
N. Ogwumike/Coffey/Cox or Walker
C. Ogwumike/Zahui B.

Forgot walker, If you can replace Cox or Walker with Vadeeva great. The bigger problem is Chiney, Zahui and Toliver are all on medium big to big contracts that are guaranteed I don't see them as having much trade value and LA can't afford to buy them out even if they can swap Wheelers big contract for Carter's rookie deal. If you can't trade Wheeler you have to drop to 11 roster spots.

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 09/21/21 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks fans, do you think Toliver retires?

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 09/21/21 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe to take over the coaching job after her experience in Dallas coming up Laughing

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 09/21/21 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Maybe to take over the coaching job after her experience in Dallas coming up Laughing

I like the way you think!

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 09/21/21 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="blue crabs & basketba"][quote="bballjunkie"]Maybe to take over the coaching job after her experience in Dallas coming up Laughing[/quote]

I like the way you think![/quote]

Laughing Wink

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/21/21 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blue crabs & basketba wrote:
Sparks fans, do you think Toliver retires?

I think she is going to.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/21/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt this season will be how Toliver wants to go out, personally, especially with 200k waiting for her if she comes back. I'd put Chiney down as a more likely retiree, given how this year went and all the other jobs she's juggling. Although she's been getting a lot of sponsorship gigs this season - I don't know how much that's helped by still officially being an active player.

PostPosted: 09/21/21 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I doubt this season will be how Toliver wants to go out, personally, especially with 200k waiting for her if she comes back. I'd put Chiney down as a more likely retiree, given how this year went and all the other jobs she's juggling. Although she's been getting a lot of sponsorship gigs this season - I don't know how much that's helped by still officially being an active player.

'
Hell forget retire if LA doesn't get rid of Chiney's ass ! I dont see how a team could give away so much free money to one play who plays 3 games a year but will play in the olympics if given the chance ?

PostPosted: 09/21/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Trade E. Wheeler for Chennedy Carter (If Atl still want to get rid of Carter and keep C. Will and go for a win now kind of thing with Ch. Parker, Billings, McDonald, Sims etc they might do it. Wheeler seems like a good fit with those players and could probably start.

Hope Toliver or Chiney retire so you can bring in a mid to high level free agent or you can convince Vadeeva to come over for like 60-70K, if not of that happens try to strike it rich with pick #15

Toliver/Guirantes
Sykes/Williams
C. Ogwumike/Zahui B.

Forgot walker, If you can replace Cox or Walker with Vadeeva great. The bigger problem is Chiney, Zahui and Toliver are all on medium big to big contracts that are guaranteed I don't see them as having much trade value and LA can't afford to buy them out even if they can swap Wheelers big contract for Carter's rookie deal. If you can't trade Wheeler you have to drop to 11 roster spots.

You really want Carter, Cooper, and Hayes on the same team? Best purchase a truckload of balls and put a psychiatrist on retainer.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/30/21 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

'
Hell forget retire if LA doesn't get rid of Chiney's ass ! I dont see how a team could give away so much free money to one play who plays 3 games a year but will play in the olympics if given the chance ?

I like Chiney, but hope she isn't on the team next year.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/30/21 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Toliver/Guirantes
Sykes/Williams
C. Ogwumike/Zahui B.

LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLL-I'm sorry, but it's hilarious that you put Chiney in the lineup. She has barely played since she got drafted.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/30/21 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

'

Who does she think she is, Diana Taurasi?

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

'

LOL-close, but ya missed the mark a bit. HAAAA. All the Diana haters will eat that up though.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

'

LOL-close, but ya missed the mark a bit. HAAAA. All the Diana haters will eat that up though.

You're right. I guess it was 8 in 2012, not 3.

And the WNBA probably won't change league rules based on Chiney. So I guess there are two differences.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/30/21 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The entire LA Sparks franchise needs to get blown up. New owners, GM, Coach, etc, etc, etc.

They can let everyone not committed to a contract go (and let Chiney go even if she's on contract). Go all in on free agents and rookies from the waiver wire.

I am dead serious here. Anyone devoting even half a brain to LA Sparks success will not go out there with a team of tinies. Need leadership that great players will not keep walking out on and that good free agents will want to play for.

~rAf
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/30/21 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
The entire LA Sparks franchise needs to get blown up. New owners, GM, Coach, etc, etc, etc.

They can let everyone not committed to a contract go (and let Chiney go even if she's on contract). Go all in on free agents and rookies from the waiver wire.

And blowing the team up would also mean trading away Nneka Ogwumike, right?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/30/21 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
They can let everyone not committed to a contract go

That's virtually no one. Releasing Arella Guirantes probably isn't turning the franchise around.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: