RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Also LA probably doesn’t give up the first round pick n 23 if they think they might be in the lottery I doubt swapping Carter for Wheeler is enough to believe that so another move is probably in store

Hollywood Liz is coming. Finally. 😎

zune69

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fisher is out here making big-time moves. If LA gets Liz they would have the pieces to be a title contender...Carter has legit superstar talent. I think she will be extra motivated this season.....I just hope there's no tension between Carter/Sykes.......Sykes was so-signing a lot of the stuff Hayes/Williams was saying about Carter on twitter.

Milks26

PostPosted: 02/05/22 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't go celebrating just yet - sh*t can always blow up again.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fish seems to realize that another season like last year will put him on the unemployment line

PostPosted: 02/05/22 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question is: can Fish get Liz to, er, Lady-up and perform like the WNBA's version of Shaq Daddy, or should I say, Shaq Momma? Laughing She's has the size, and, unlike Shaq, she can shoot free throws too. Who is gonna play the role of the female Black Mamba? Cool

Last edited by jap on 02/06/22 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/05/22 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
The question is: can Fish get Liz to, er, Lady-up and perform like the WNBA's version of Shaq Daddy, or should I say. Shaq Momma? Laughing She's has the size, and, unlike Shaq, she can shoot free throws too. Who is gonna play the role of the female Black Mamba? Cool

I'm interested in seeing her on this team because I think she'd be a true #1 option on this squad.

jap

PostPosted: 02/05/22 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
jap wrote:
The question is: can Fish get Liz to, er, Lady-up and perform like the WNBA's version of Shaq Daddy, or should I say. Shaq Momma? Laughing She's has the size, and, unlike Shaq, she can shoot free throws too. Who is gonna play the role of the female Black Mamba? Cool

I'm interested in seeing her on this team because I think she'd be a true #1 option on this squad.

Agreed! The main issue is: can Fish get Liz to focus on team goals rather than frequently behaving like a wishy washy Big Baby? She is so talented, and she can team with Nneka, one of the league's best finishers, to anchor a dynamic front court. And if Maria makes the overseas trek from her motherland, the team from LaLa might very well own the strongest front court in the league along with Zahui B.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love this time of the year, everyone is so hopeful and optimistic before reality sets in Laughing Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/05/22 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I love this time of the year, everyone is so hopeful and optimistic before reality sets in Laughing Laughing

True. Every season brings on the usual drama to derail a good team. Injuries, lovers spats, fistfights. The usual stuff.😁

PostPosted: 02/05/22 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

True. Every season brings on the usual drama to derail a good team. Injuries, lovers spats, fistfights. The usual stuff.😁

Laughing Laughing Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 02/05/22 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

On the other hand, you have happenings that can galvanize any team: a young player coming into her own suddenly, a veteran player experiencing a dramatic upgrade offensively or defensively, a fortuitous trade or signing, etc.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Not everyone. I'm a Fever fan.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/22 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

yep. me too.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/22 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Love how ESPN quoted “Verbally “ Laughing Laughing Laughing : https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33228299/all-star-center-liz-cambage-verbally-commits-los-angeles-sparks

PostPosted: 02/06/22 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Love how ESPN quoted “Verbally “ Laughing Laughing Laughing : https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33228299/all-star-center-liz-cambage-verbally-commits-los-angeles-sparks

Chile Laughing Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/06/22 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what bottom basement contract did Canada sign with the Sparks?🤔

PostPosted: 02/06/22 3:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

And why? With Carter, Cooper, Toliver all already there. I dont see a big upgrade in minutes for her. Certainly not when they want to space the floor around Cambage

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/06/22 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

And why? With Carter, Cooper, Toliver all already there. I dont see a big upgrade in minutes for her. Certainly not when they want to space the floor around Cambage

So why even bother to sign her in the first place?

PostPosted: 02/06/22 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Chile Laughing Laughing

Go
To
Sleeeeeeeeeep Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/06/22 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

So why even bother to sign her in the first place?

Bc toliver is retiring after this season “supposedly” or maybe she’s retiring from the sparks after this season who knows. Fish is trying to field a team without a draft pick and I’ll commend him finally for making a move to
Improve. Adding Chennedy , Liz and Jae Can will improve
The sparks but will the sparks fly with those additions? Most likely not but if anyone can maintain comradely its Nneka . Thus the reason I preach she does not make enough for what she will be required to do for the sparks this season smh.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 02/06/22 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/06/22 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz is exactly where she needs to be. Hollywood. She will be the headliner for all the Drama, Intrigued, and Suspense that she will believe that she is a action hero in her own movie.

PostPosted: 02/06/22 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the Sparks are gonna be a chemistry trainwreck, right? Fisher is not the world's greatest at handling star players. Cambage is displeased with the league and will not hesitate to express herself on public platforms. Carter was at least part of a spectacular implosion in Atlanta. And they're gonna put all this in the same locker room? And let's throw Samuelson's stage mother in to boot.

popcorn.motherfucking.gif.

PostPosted: 02/06/22 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
So the Sparks are gonna be a chemistry trainwreck, right? Fisher is not the world's greatest at handling star players. Cambage is displeased with the league and will not hesitate to express herself on public platforms. Carter was at least part of a spectacular implosion in Atlanta. And they're gonna put all this in the same locker room? And let's throw Samuelson's stage mother in to boot.

By the time the season commences. everyone will be singing "Kumbaya"! Wink

Last edited by jap on 02/06/22 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/06/22 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Bwahaha Queenie! I can’t believe I forgot about Mama Jones Laughing Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/06/22 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Yes. Every one is talking about how great the Phoenix team will be this season but the Sparks will be the team that grabs most attention from the media.😁

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: