Wings
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
Sky
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 37

Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/21 3:57 pm    ::: Wings @ Sky - 9/23/21 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs - First Round
Chicago, IL - 8:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/52fe0d7f-2c5b-42e5-887d-0beddaa4c221#bucketId=1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/wings-at-sky-on-09232021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210923/DALCHI/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401370430

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/20/21 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arggghhh! Such torture! My 2 fave players of all time in Sloot (1) and Parker (2) vs. my current team! If I thought there was a chance of them winning the title, I’d totally be pulling hardcore for my Sky. But, since I don’t think they have it in them I think I’m going to be cheering for the Wings. So unfortunate that they both make the playoffs and must face each other. Whoever wins, I am hoping to see them in a terrific 5 game semi!

tfan

PostPosted: 09/21/21 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker missed 9 games and Sabally missed 15. Both 5-5 in their last 10 games.

Howee

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might be one of the more interesting games of the tournament. Who's got the intensity? Either of my cherished ladies, Satou or Ruthy, gets to move on.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had a dream about Candace Parker. We were working together and I unknowingly left her behind a few street blocks away. She calls me on the phone and gives me a hard time for leaving her. We get dispatch our first assignment. I call Candace that I will meet her at the location. She tells me that I don't have to come. She got this. Does this dream mean that Parker will be in Beast Mode on Thursday?

PostPosted: 09/22/21 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I had a dream about Candace Parker. We were working together and I unknowingly left her behind a few street blocks away. She calls me on the phone and gives me a hard time for leaving her. We get dispatch our first assignment. I call Candace that I will meet her at the location. She tells me that I don't have to come. She got this. Does this dream mean that Parker will be in Beast Mode on Thursday?

That's unlike any dream I've ever had about Candace Parker

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
Milks26

PostPosted: 09/22/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Arike had her best (team) game thus far this past Sunday. It was team ball and not all about her. Her defense was still iffy at times - Tea blow past her many a time. But, she got one or two steals...

Let's see if she does on 180+++ on Thurs!

The Sky may have had a bad year - but the team is stacked. The Wings need team offense and defense (and not me, me crap) to beat them in the playoffs. Reg season be damn! That sh*t's in the review mirror.

Should be a great game.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I believe I remember the kinky photo you posted of Parker years ago. Naughty! I can just imagine the type of dreams you were having!😆

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

According to SS22 she never showed up enough or lived up to her potential so this was a nightmare most likely for Chicago !! Cool Cool Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this game will depend solely on Arike's shooting percentages. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:

If we can get Gray and Mabrey going even if Arike struggles I like our chances especially having Sabally back. She’s our Wild card ! Do what Candace told you during the ASG run run run and get lay ups on her Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

If we can get Gray and Mabrey going even if Arike struggles I like our chances especially having Sabally back. She’s our Wild card ! Do what Candace told you during the ASG run run run and get lay ups on her Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, it's huge having Sabally back and it seems like she hasn't missed a step at all.

I hope I'm wrong about Arike reverting back to hero ball... like Milks26 mentioned, there was a lot of team ball in their last game and Dallas looked great because of it!

This will be an exciting game.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Do what Candace told you during the ASG run run run and get lay ups on her

Chicago does sorta play defense like it’s an All Star game. 🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

According to their Twitter account Satou is questionable for tonight's game because of her Achilles still giving her some discomfort.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
IMO Arike had her best (team) game thus far this past Sunday. It was team ball and not all about her. Her defense was still iffy at times - Tea blow past her many a time. But, she got one or two steals...

The Sky may have had a bad year - but the team is stacked. The Wings need team offense and defense (and not me, me crap) to beat them in the playoffs. Reg season be damn! That sh*t's in the review mirror.

Should be a great game.

I think this game will go as: Izzy, Marina and Gray goes, I'm not concerned about depending on Arike to jack up 10-20 wild shots with zero ball rotation to determine the outcome of this game!

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Should be a great game.

I think this game will go as: Izzy, Marina and Gray goes, I'm not concerned about depending on Arike to jack up 10-20 wild shots with zero ball rotation to determine the outcome of this game!

There should always be concern about Arike jacking up hero shots - she just gets in the way when she does. All the examples are out there...

But, yes,! Gray, Izzy, Sabally and Marina should be the steaks in the ground for them.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
There should always be concern about Arike jacking up hero shots - she just gets in the way when she does. All the examples are out there...

Wings are 3-9 this season when Ogunbowale takes 18+ shots, 11-9 when she takes fewer.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

According to their Twitter account Satou is questionable for tonight's game because of her Achilles still giving her some discomfort.

Shes been questionable the last 2 weeks. First play off game i doubt she misses! At least i hope Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/23/21 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky in a blowout. Arike melts down with an O-fer 3s, even Dolson makes Alarie look like a stiff, Mabrey gets ejected for a hard foul on a ref, Ndour and Stevens have career nights and just all manner of pain for the Dallas crowd. Razz

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Sky in a blowout. Arike melts down with an O-fer 3s, even Dolson makes Alarie look like a stiff, Mabrey gets ejected for a hard foul on a ref, Ndour and Stevens have career nights and just all manner of pain for the Dallas crowd. Razz

Well damn....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Shes been questionable the last 2 weeks. First play off game i doubt she misses! At least i hope Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wonder what percentage of them in the league are dedicated to a strict nutritional diet and keeping their bodies in optimal shape vs ones who think they can wing it because they have youth on their side.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 09/23/21 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no bias as to who wins this game but I do think that Candace plays her best in playoff games. And the Wings lack of experience and youth will show itself in this game.

As a side note, much has been said of the impact Dolson has or doesn't have but I think she has done well for Chicago coming off the bench this season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

We still got PP’s Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally in warmups right now she looks to be playing TONIGHT YESSSSS #WFFL

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starters for Tonight:

Chicago:
Vandersloot
Quigley
Copper
Parker
Stevens

Dallas:
Jefferson
Ogunbowale
Gray
Thornton
Alarie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: