RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mercury @ Storm - 9/17/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCook

PostPosted: 09/17/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG leading the team in points, rebounds, and assists.

PostPosted: 09/17/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would it even be the playoffs if we didn’t have a single game elimination appearance?
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/17/21 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
I don't even know who he is. He called the last game?

Dick Fain has called almost every Storm home game, for damned near twenty years. If you've ever listened to the local broadcast on a Storm game, there's about a ninety-nine percent chance that he's the guy you heard.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
willtalk

PostPosted: 09/17/21 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Phoenix's hot streak ran out. How could they let a Stewart less team beat them in a game as important as this. Their game with the Aces Sunday should be interesting as neither team has a pressing reason to win. Of course the Aces do not have much of a reason ot rest their key personal because they will have a long lay off. Not so with Phoenix.

PostPosted: 09/17/21 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Unless she goes on to break the single-game scoring record (Cambage’s 53, I believe), Loyd will cool off, and that’s when this game will get interesting.

Shocked I mean, Loyd cooled off... but, 3.5 quarters of the way through, it just hasn't happened for Phoenix tonight so far.

SCook wrote:
These announcers are horrendous.

Y'all say this every time your team goes to play the Storm. Once you know he's on the call, why not just mute it right then & there from the get-go? Confused

I don't even know who he is. He called the last game?

DICK FAIN!!!!! has been calling Storm games for pretty much ever. Loudly. (Hence why I stylize his name this way.)

PostPosted: 09/18/21 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dick Fain since 2006. Before that David Locke.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/18/21 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I guess Phoenix's hot streak ran out. How could they let a Stewart less team beat them in a game as important as this. Their game with the Aces Sunday should be interesting as neither team has a pressing reason to win. Of course the Aces do not have much of a reason ot rest their key personal because they will have a long lay off. Not so with Phoenix.

Did this game really matter that much?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/18/21 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Yes.

I think PHX could have locked up the 4 seed?

Also, how amazing is the dunk production from BG this year? 5! It's wild since it seemed like for a moment in 2016ish that her dunking days where behind her. Love to see it. Tough loss as they played there way back into it. Jewell was fantastic though.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 09/18/21 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Fain kicks his voice into overdrive, my ears bleed.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/18/21 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:

Wayment... you mean you guys replaced one super-loud, obnoxious male announcer with another super-loud, obnoxious male announcer? Because I remember watching Storm games during y'all's first title run in 2004: you couldn't have told me that that wasn't the same dude.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/18/21 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
mercfan wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Yes.

I think PHX could have locked up the 4 seed?

Also, how amazing is the dunk production from BG this year? 5! It's wild since it seemed like for a moment in 2016ish that her dunking days where behind her. Love to see it. Tough loss as they played there way back into it. Jewell was fantastic though.

True, but with Taurasi not playing when I’m assuming she probably could, I think the main goal is to be well rested knowing there is a single elimination regardless.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/18/21 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

Wayment... you mean you guys replaced one super-loud, obnoxious male announcer with another super-loud, obnoxious male announcer? Because I remember watching Storm games during y'all's first title run in 2004: you couldn't have told me that that wasn't the same dude.

All this bitching about announcers sure gets old. Yeah, we can't have any announcers showing enthusiasm about this league! God forbid!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/18/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

All this bitching about announcers sure gets old. Yeah, we can't have any announcers showing enthusiasm about this league! God forbid!

This board is fixated on announcers. I don't think an announcer has ever even registered to me while watching a game. To each their own, I guess.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/18/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

I’m not a storm fan, and I love Dick Fain. I love the enthusiasm he has.

PostPosted: 09/18/21 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

Me too. Sometimes he goes over the top but I much rather listen to him than someone monotone who barely knows anything about what they're talking about. At least he makes me laugh, and I feel like he's pretty knowledgeable as well. Blatantly homer of course and makes no bones about it, but he also does give kudos to opponents when they deserve it.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/18/21 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

This is apparently how Seattle likes their sports guys. It's not just a Storm thing.

PostPosted: 09/18/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

Me too. Sometimes he goes over the top but I much rather listen to him than someone monotone who barely knows anything about what they're talking about. At least he makes me laugh, and I feel like he's pretty knowledgeable as well. Blatantly homer of course and makes no bones about it, but he also does give kudos to opponents when they deserve it.

I enjoy it, too. Does it ever grind my gears? Oh my gosh yes. But that’s what makes it fun. There was a period though where Phoenix went through a stretch where Seattle dominated them in the 2010s that was especially brutal for me.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/18/21 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
This is apparently how Seattle likes their sports guys. It's not just a Storm thing.

Apparently so: Storm fans may not be the only ones who like Dick Fain, but they appear to be the only ones taking offense to the fact that other people don't like him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: