RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/16/21 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love to see Hayes on the Storms roster. But i doubt that she will sign anywhere for cheap Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/16/21 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
What is the maximum amount of salary a team can offer a restricted free agent?

Three years, standard max. Her existing team could go to four years at the supermax (so takes a sign-and-trade to play for that elsewhere).

PostPosted: 09/20/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm excited about Atlanta's off-season. This season was, well, eventful. I think the timing of all those changes was as bad as bad could be. But, 2022 is a new year and they can get things moving in the right direction.

Having the President/COO named is a great start to shore up the foundation of the team. She is familiar with sports, specifically Atlanta sports. Next will be a GM and coach. Whether that's 1 or 2 people remains to be seen.

Now, let's talk about the players.

Point Guard - The first thing is what happens with Chennedy Carter. I don't know if we will ever get the full story of what happened or know fully who's to blame. It's not really any of our business anyway. Does she come back to start? Can they have Carter and CWill on the same team? Do they hand the reins over to Aari McDonald? Will Aari go overseas this off-season and gain some valuable experience? What about Odyssey Sims? She played some good minutes, but I feel she's better off the bench. Also, her life is in Texas. I don't see her staying in Atlanta.

Shooting Guard - Courtney Williams has been the most consistent player the last 2 seasons. She needs a good strong backup though. She also needs another consistent scorer, especially down low, to ease the burden.

Small forward - Does Tip come back or does she chase a ring and money? She's been a star here, but I have a feeling she's played her last game as a member of the Dream. Stricklen brought not much this season. I would love for Angel to get healed and decide to play another season here. Bradford could be a good solid backup.

Power forward - Between Covid and pregnancy, Cheyenne Parker didn't get a chance to show what she could do. Hopefully she gets that chance and she comes back hungry in 2022. Billings is a great energy backup off the bench. If she can work on extending her shot this off-season, she could become a Hamby type bench player.

Center - EWill has given the Dream some good seasons and has been a good leader off the court. However, her best playing days are behind her, I'm sad to say.

So SF and C should be the biggest priorities. Not sure which we get in the draft and which we get through FA. I didn't realize how many FAs they had. Also have to think about what style the coach will want to play.

I'm going to be optimistic because I can be.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/20/21 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
lso, check the contractual status of the roster (Richyyy can correct me if I am wrong):

Billings: Restricted Free Agent
    Bradford: Restricted Free Agent
    Hayes: Unrestricted Free Agent
    Sims: Unrestricted Free Agent
    Stricklen: Unrestricted Free Agent
    C. Williams: Unrestricted Free Agent
    E. Williams: Unrestricted Free Agent

There is a lot of money to play with -- but also lots of decisions to be made.

As an aside, Cheyenne Parker is signed for $190,550 while Tianna Hawkins is signed for $144,200 in 2022. But only Parker's contract is guaranteed.

I think Hayes leaves for elsewhere . It's not her team anymore , i dont have any info just a hunch .She's paid her dues in ATL . Would like to see her go somewhere like Seattle next season . Carter coming to Dallas i would not touch with a ten foot pole. She has yet to play a full professional season anywhere . Hurt last season , Left overseas team after 1 month and suspended the 2nd half of the season this year. Arike & Carter would not be a good fit together IMO.

Wow, this is the first time I've heard about the overseas situation....sounds like she's used to having her way or maybe a result of only child syndrome, if she doesn't have siblings!

Shes the only girl i believe if that matters i know she has a lot of other siblings that are boys some even younger than her with the same show boating attitude smh.

Have you put your blueprint together for how you want Greg to draft/make moves for next year yet or is it too soon?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/20/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you want a center Stephanie Dolson should be available.

PostPosted: 09/20/21 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
If you want a center Stephanie Dolson should be available.

I'll give the Sky Charlie and two 2022 3rd round picks for Ruthy??

Last edited by Milks26 on 10/03/21 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 10/03/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ChennedyCarter/status/1444787667460370432

Quote:
somewhere with folks with class , somewhere with people who embrace your talent , somewhere that your loved , somewhere you can actually win ….

PostPosted: 10/03/21 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkVHtcIHUeU

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkVHtcIHUeU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PostPosted: 10/03/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkVHtcIHUeU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

That commentator should be ashamed of some of the things he is saying. That scene is awful and shameful but referring to people as EBT garbage is not it.

Also, was this video done by the same guy that posts here and slams Renee Montgomery ad nauseam?

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/03/21 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy smokes Shocked

pilight

PostPosted: 10/03/21 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6NuMyJoS1Ys" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 10/03/21 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6NuMyJoS1Ys" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can I get a tldr? All I heard was a bunch of defensive narcissism and "haters" boogeyman shit.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/03/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:

That commentator should be ashamed of some of the things he is saying. That scene is awful and shameful but referring to people as EBT garbage is not it.

Also, was this video done by the same guy that posts here and slams Renee Montgomery ad nauseam?

X_______
truly horrible views coming from this commentator

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:

Can I get a tldr? All I heard was a bunch of defensive narcissism and "haters" boogeyman shit.

“100% was self defense, we would never start an altercation. I would never condone fighting. The situation transpired, no weapons, no police was involved, and we all walked away unharmed, so we thought it would be a great story time to tell!”

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:

“100% was self defense, we would never start an altercation. I would never condone fighting. The situation transpired, no weapons, no police was involved, and we all walked away unharmed, so we thought it would be a great story time to tell!”

I would never condone fighting but then the first comment is them looking for people to cosign their fighting and encourage them. This whole situation is gross.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

quick summary of who was even fighting, and why? like what are the 'two sides'

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is Carter's agent? He or she should be calling every team in the league trying to set up a trade. Because if Atlanta is not going to play Carter then they need to trade her. Immediately.

PostPosted: 10/04/21 6:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm all for Dr. Vanzant to be hired for Team Therapist. Perhaps she's a bit more freed up now that her Oprah-network TV show has came to a close.

Iyanla Fixed My Chamique once. She could Fix My Franchise, too!

~lw3

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/04/21 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
quick summary of who was even fighting, and why? like what are the 'two sides'

Courtney Williams , Crystal Bradford and Courtney Williams IG Famous Girlfriend Amazon Tay got attacked by a group of girls at a lesbian club. Go watch their story time about it , Definitely was self defense they wanted to jump Courtney because they knew who she was. Don't watch that guys videos hes sexist and definitely not someone we should give clout too.

PostPosted: 10/04/21 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams/status/1445045355142340619

Quote:
I want to sincerely apologize for the video posted yesterday. I would never want to represent myself or the organization in a negative way. I’m learning everyday so I ask for grace as I’m growing. Again I apologize to all attached, and I will be better moving forward.

PostPosted: 10/04/21 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like the commentator is auditioning for a job to suckle at the big money teat of RacistRightwingMedia, alongside Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Diamond and Silk, et al.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/04/21 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad she demonstrated the common sense to take the video down, but why, in the name of all that is sweet and holy, would you ever think as a free agent, "Hey, you know what'll make me look good to other teams and really secure me that long-term big money contract? Video of me getting into a fight!" I don't care that it's self-defense or an interesting story or whatever, that is just an appalling lack of good judgment.

PostPosted: 10/04/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kalani Brown was there to. But, she was at least trying to break up the fight. Bradford & Williams were going in.

https://www.insider.com/video-atlanta-dream-fight-showcases-woes-of-wayward-wnba-franchise-2021-10

Last edited by Milks26 on 10/04/21 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/04/21 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the only solution here is to do a dispersal draft to break up the Dream followed by an expansion draft where Atlanta adrafts a whole new team.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/04/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I think the only solution here is to do a dispersal draft to break up the Dream followed by an expansion draft where Atlanta adrafts a whole new team.

The Dream only have four players under contract for next season, so the housecleaning is inevitable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: