RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How’s our people in the NYC area doing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/02/21 3:50 pm    ::: How’s our people in the NYC area doing? Reply Reply with quote

My mom used to say there’s nothing worse than the tail end of a hurricane.

PostPosted: 09/02/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slightly damp. Unfortunately, I was out last night. Fortunately, I was able to travel before the worst of the flooding hit, and shelter for some bad stretches. My sneakers are probably wrecked from the lake at the foot of my bus stop, but one enormous puddle was a lot better than it could have been. If I'd left Manhattan an hour later, I'd probably have been one of those people climbing up on the bus seats in that one video of the flooded bus. I have friends who were not so lucky, with horror stories of flooded basements and power outages; one guy left the Bronx at 8 at night, got evacuated from a train in the tunnel, and got home to Queens around 3 in the morning.

(now with spelling variations)
toad455

PostPosted: 09/02/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My commute home yesterday was better than my commute home today. Yesterday I got home before most roads were flooded and it only took 40 minutes(normal is 20). Today, half the roads are blocked off due to flooding and it took me almost 2 hours to get home.. Entire towns are/were underwater in New Jersey. Multiple tornadoes touched down. Not 100% I'm going to work tomorrow if the roads are in similar condition.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: