41%  [ 7 ]
Storm
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

Milks26

PostPosted: 08/29/21 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/29/21 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have we actually got a streak going on? Cool And have we swept the 2020 champions? Shocked

Yeah, there were extenuating circumstances on the Storm's part, but the Sky players did their part! Why can't they do that during a home game!

They actually were in sync tonight - fewer boneheaded plays and more accuracy all around than usual!

If only we can keep this up! Is it possible?!???

PostPosted: 08/29/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA coaches act like score differential effects their performance review. Chicago wins by 32 and Lexi Brown only got 3 minutes. Looking at the roster Chicago has Evans as the only other non-starting guard if Quigley and Copper start as happened in this game. Or Evans and Quigley when Copper starts at the two.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/29/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
If they could get any scoring from the small forward, they'd be competing for top 4.

DeShields is averaging 11 points a game in 28.1 minutes. When she isn't at small forward it is Copper who is averaging over 14 points a game.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/29/21 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker showing the Seattle Olympians, and I am living for it.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 08/29/21 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Katie Lou finally not starting. How much does one player have to suck before they get pulled?

Is she suffering from post-Covid? Her shot is WAY off.

You might want to get your obsession with her checked out. The amount of energy you spend bitching about her is alarming.

If Geno was still at USA, he would have taken Katie Lou. #OurGirlsDeserve ALLTheMedals Swin really, truly should give that medal to Rebbekah Brunson. That flat out STUNK.

As the great Taylor Swift once sang: Free rent, livin' in my mind

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/29/21 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

THIS!

When Parker's ON, she's the best player in the world.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/29/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo two days ago wrote:
We just need to survive on Sunday and go from there

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Razz

Games like these make me just sorta ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and say, "Well, at least this one game can't erase the four titles we've won!" Twisted Evil

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/29/21 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago is 12-3 when Candace Parker plays at least 17 minutes, 1-9 when she doesn't. It's not hard to see who their difference maker is.

Seattle is 13-8 since Noelle Quinn took over as head coach. She's still learning the job.

And she inherited a team chock full of Olympians - now exhausted after Tokyo. New mom Breanna could not possibly keep up the pace in the Olympics.

I was teasing during the Oly that Seattle's GM should have been blowing up Staley's phone. Stewie and Bird, in particular didn't need carry heavy minutes in those prelims, for sure.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/29/21 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago is 12-3 when Candace Parker plays at least 17 minutes, 1-9 when she doesn't. It's not hard to see who their difference maker is.

Seattle is 13-8 since Noelle Quinn took over as head coach. She's still learning the job.

And she inherited a team chock full of Olympians - now exhausted after Tokyo. New mom Breanna could not possibly keep up the pace in the Olympics.

I was teasing during the Oly that Seattle's GM should have been blowing up Staley's phone. Stewie and Bird, in particular didn't need carry heavy minutes in those prelims, for sure.

If Seattle does not make it to the finals this season because of the fatigue suffered by their Olympians will this give a reason for some teams to discourage their star players from playing in the Olympics?🤔

PostPosted: 08/29/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

THIS!

When Parker's ON, she's the best player in the world.

She just doesn't recover fast anymore after outburst like this. I'm anticipating she will not have her legs in PHx on Tues. If I were her coach, she'd be on the Tim Duncan plan at this stage of her career, start some, rest some.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 08/29/21 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why’d it take so long to get Azura playing alongside Parker like this? Azura’s injury in the bubble was clearly the end of their hope of doing anything in the postseason, so we know she positively affects games. IIRC, she owned Aja in one of the last games she played last season in a Sky victory. It seems to be a pattern with her tho. Geno coulda won another championship had he played her more in Arike’s semifinal win over UConn. Idiot Agler coulda used her in Dallas at least some. Now Wade takes 7/8 of the season to figure out that he should start Parker And Azura together and let them play.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 08/29/21 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
When Diamond played more minutes she at least sometimes looked for teammates. Now when she gets the ball, it's not going anywhere except toward the basket, even if a teammate is wide open.

Myrtle, you’re by far one of my faves on this board, and your observations are usually very astute, but Diamond ended with 16 points on 10 shots, had 4 assists and led the team in +/-. I’d say she did what she was supposed to. Hope she keeps doing exactly that.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 08/30/21 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looked at the stats - amazing!

We made so many shots we normally would have missed; kept turnovers in the single digits. Could have gotten to the line more. Even went after O-boards!

Seems we manage to make a subpar player look like a superstar, or folks who have played inconsistently step up, in far too many games. This time it was Jordin Canada, who people have been dogging out much of the season. I hope she's okay.

I always hold my breath when Diamond is wide open - she misses way too many bunnies and shots! So glad she had a decent game this time. Azurá managed to find her shot tonight. Quigley didn't have hers, but fortunately others made up for it. Every Sky player - even Hebard, who somehow didn't score - was in the plus, and every Storm player was in the minus.

Ndour-Fall was out with inflammation - Wade said that in the pre-game.

PostPosted: 08/30/21 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its time to rest Loyd (and maybe Bird and Stewie) next game. The Storm look uninterested. Their body language is bad. Some of these turnovers look like they never played on the same team together before. Chemistry is off. No sense of urgency.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 08/30/21 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

If Seattle does not make it to the finals this season because of the fatigue suffered by their Olympians will this give a reason for some teams to discourage their star players from playing in the Olympics?🤔

It is perhaps worth noting that no team has won a WNBA championship in an Olympic year with more than one member of Team USA on their roster

2016 Sparks had none
2012 Fever had only Catchings
2008 Shock had only Katie Smith
2004 Storm had only Bird
2000 Comets had only Swoopes

PostPosted: 08/30/21 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Their body language is bad. Some of these turnovers look like they never played on the same team together before. Chemistry is off. No sense of urgency.

Sounds like the Sky most of this year...

PostPosted: 08/30/21 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
I must be the only person that thinks Seattle was already vastly exceeding expectations prior to the break. It’s just finally catching up to them as other teams are getting locked in.

They start Katie Lou and Russell. Top 3 was already a stretch goal.

Why would anyone expect the defending champs with four returning starters to finish in the top three?

PostPosted: 08/30/21 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

It is perhaps worth noting that no team has won a WNBA championship in an Olympic year with more than one member of Team USA on their roster

2016 Sparks had none
2012 Fever had only Catchings
2008 Shock had only Katie Smith
2004 Storm had only Bird
2000 Comets had only Swoopes

The forecast doesn't look good for the Storm.

PostPosted: 08/30/21 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:
I must be the only person that thinks Seattle was already vastly exceeding expectations prior to the break. It’s just finally catching up to them as other teams are getting locked in.

Why would anyone expect the defending champs with four returning starters to finish in the top three?

Three returning starters. They lost starters Clark and Howard.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/30/21 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:

That's still two more than the Aces have

PostPosted: 08/30/21 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Except that WNBA players tend to have a different attitude towards playing for their national teams than their male counterparts. And, if GMs try to tell WNBA players to sit out the Olympics, for the sake of their club teams, the players are more likely to sit out the WNBA season, instead.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/30/21 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
She just doesn't recover fast anymore after outburst like this. I'm anticipating she will not have her legs in PHx on Tues.

If this is true, then Chicago is in for a rough week.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
tfan

PostPosted: 08/30/21 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:

That's still two more than the Aces have

Had to look that up:

Angel McCoughtry -> Jackie Young
Lindsay Allen -> Chelsea Gray
Carolyn Swords -> Liz Cambage
Kayla McBride -> Riquna Williams

This is the first year 2017 #1 pick Kelsey Plum has been healthy and has not been primarily a starter.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/30/21 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
When Diamond played more minutes she at least sometimes looked for teammates. Now when she gets the ball, it's not going anywhere except toward the basket, even if a teammate is wide open.

Myrtle, you’re by far one of my faves on this board, and your observations are usually very astute, but Diamond ended with 16 points on 10 shots, had 4 assists and led the team in +/-. I’d say she did what she was supposed to. Hope she keeps doing exactly that.

yeah, Diamond is an enigma to me. She can be really good. However, when I made that statement she had just made two unsuccessful drives to the basket against multiple defenders while ignoring open nearby teammates. I've had the impression recently that she's trying too hard because she's been getting fewer minutes and her shot has been off. But yes, she was darn good in this game. If she performed like this every game, I certainly wouldn't complain if I were a Sky fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: