RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

USA vs France - 8/2/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/02/21 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've long said they should change coaches every Olympic cycle. Nothing I've seen from Staley has changed my mind.

PostPosted: 08/02/21 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the World Cup next year and another Olympics in 3 years, I fear they won’t make a change. At this point maybe this can convince Geno to come back Laughing Laughing

He may play favorites, but he also likes winning Laughing Wink

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 08/02/21 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
With the World Cup next year and another Olympics in 3 years, I fear they won’t make a change. At this point maybe this can convince Geno to come back Laughing Laughing

oh shit, imagine the flood of criticism of the coach if the coach were Geno!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

as it is, Dawn gets the kid glove treatment, generally speaking, from the concerned media. i don't really care- it's her 1st go-round as Olympic head cheese, and, imo, she's a better recruiter than coach, which is to say she's an EXC. recruiter.

one thing for sure- nneka's absence is unnoticeable, n'est-ce pas?

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 08/02/21 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So next up for US is Australia.

Does that winner play the China-Serbia winner, or the winner of one of the other 2 quarters, Japan-Belgium or Spain-France?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 08/02/21 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
one thing for sure- nneka's absence is unnoticeable, n'est-ce pas?

Depth at the 4/5 is certainly not this team's issue. But in Nneka's defense, equally unnoticeable is the presence of the players who beat her out for a spot. Though I don't blame the players themselves for that.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/02/21 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
For Team USA sake I hope they will replace Staley for the next Olympic cycle. Her substitution patterns and offensive/defensive schemes suggest she is more focused on trying not to lose as opposed to winning games.

Possible replacements
Reeve
Thibault
Hughes
Mulkey
McGraw?

____________X

PostPosted: 08/02/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aja & Stewie are the 2 best players in the World. Im giving Stewie the nudge because of her versatility. If im Dawn i ride those 2 till the wheels fall off. BG needs to be in the game when it counts for her presence along with Im not so sure in the backcourt. If only Stewie could play the 1 ,2,3 at the same time ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just here thinking how much different perception might be with Maya Moore and Elena DelleDonne on this team ...

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/02/21 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I'm just here thinking how much different perception might be with Maya Moore and Elena DelleDonne on this team ...

Oh no doubt, those two can make any coach look good with their ability to score from anywhere on the floor, they are also missing Angel as well.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/02/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If ya ask ME (and I know you will, h-maniac Razz), the current American team could easily lose the gold to THIS American team (ESPECIALLY if they're coached by a Geno/Mike T./Kim M./etc.):

Vandersloot
Quigley
J. Thomas
Ogunbowale
Clarendon

DeShields
Laney
Hamby

Ogwumike 1
Ogwumike 2
Parker
J. Jones

Iluvacc wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Oh no doubt, those two can make any coach look good with their ability to score from anywhere on the floor, they are also missing Angel as well.

Fit those three in and....well, you get the idea. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/21 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I've long said they should change coaches every Olympic cycle. Nothing I've seen from Staley has changed my mind.

How about completely flipping the rosters too. Isn't there enough talent in the US to send a fresh gold medal contender every cycle?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/02/21 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

If they were here like presumed in 2016 I doubt we would have any complaints. Maya is a difference maker on this team . Stewie & Aja cancel out the need for GWH.

PostPosted: 08/02/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it was interesting that France used better minutes distribution than the US. One of our longtime advantages is depth. But if you don't use it, it no longer is an advantage.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/03/21 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Moore would have Atkins' spot and EDD would likely have Collier's spot.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/03/21 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

oh shit, imagine the flood of criticism of the coach if the coach were Geno!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

And Geno can bring every undeserving UCOnn Huskie to get a medal!!! Seriously, Swin should give her medal to Rebekkah Brunson (who EARNED that spot)!!!! (By a very large margin, my biggest criticism of Coach Geno--EVER).

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: