Sun
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Storm
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

Shades

PostPosted: 08/10/21 12:17 am    ::: Sun vs Storm - 8/12/21 Reply Reply with quote

COMMISH CUP
CHAMPIONSHIP
Phoenix, AZ - 9:00 PM ET

Cup records: CON 9-1 | SEA 8-2
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime (Amazon thread)

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/sun-at-storm-on-08122021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210812/CONSEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401353913

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/10/21 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so ready for a W game.

I honestly missed every Olympic game because of my schedule and just couldn't find the time to watch them.

Glad the W is back and hope this is a good game.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 08/10/21 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope y’all have Prime Video because that is the only way to watch this game. Kind of messed up that prevents a lot of people from watching it.

PostPosted: 08/10/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
I hope y’all have Prime Video because that is the only way to watch this game. Kind of messed up that prevents a lot of people from watching it.

Isn' it going to be on LP after it is finished? Other games first aired on Prime are available on LP.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/10/21 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:

WNBA = Women Not Barely Apprehensive

PostPosted: 08/11/21 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Isn' it going to be on LP after it is finished? Other games first aired on Prime are available on LP.

Could be,I didn’t know about that. Still it keeps some from watching it live.

PostPosted: 08/11/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Randy wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Can you get a free trial for Prime?

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/11/21 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Randy wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Can you get a free trial for Prime?

I went through 3 free trials before I finally started paying for it a couple of years ago. So, I'd be very surprised if they don't still have free trials.

PostPosted: 08/11/21 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know if people outside of the US can watch it on Prime?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/11/21 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun players are fresh so I give them the win. You can't tell me Sue Bird is ready to play six days and thousands of miles from the gold medal game.

~rAf
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/11/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Does anyone know if people outside of the US can watch it on Prime?

Do you know if the other Amazon games this season have been available that way where you are? The initial press release about the WNBA/Amazon deal called it a 'global streaming' agreement, but also said that "The WNBA on Prime Video will be available across hundreds of compatible devices worldwide as part of a Prime membership (excluding China, Japan, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Finland, and Germany)." So I'm in an excluded area, and have gotten those games via League Pass like the others. There's no mention of the WNBA at all on Amazon Prime over here.

PostPosted: 08/12/21 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut at full strength is as good as anyone and a tough matchup for Seattle even on their best day, but with the Storm's Olympians (at least Stewie and Bird) likely playing reduced minutes, the Sun should roll.

How hard are both teams really going to go at this, risking injuries in a non-league game? Pretty much an exhibition game.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/12/21 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sellout at the arena?

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/21 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Connecticut at full strength is as good as anyone and a tough matchup for Seattle even on their best day, but with the Storm's Olympians (at least Stewie and Bird) likely playing reduced minutes, the Sun should roll.

How hard are both teams really going to go at this, risking injuries in a non-league game? Pretty much an exhibition game.

There is the 30k paycheck for the winning players to provide motivation. That's about $15,000 per hour.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/12/21 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
craigmont wrote:

There is the 30k paycheck for the winning players to provide motivation. That's about $15,000 per hour.

I'm aware of the prize money- $30k for the winners, $10k for the runners-up. Still curious.

Of course they can't come right out and say they're taking it easy this game. We won't know until we see them play.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/21 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Randy wrote:
craigmont wrote:

I'm aware of the prize money- $30k for the winners, $10k for the runners-up. Still curious.

Of course they can't come right out and say they're taking it easy this game. We won't know until we see them play.

The players who are used to making a lot of money (e.g. Bird, probably Stewart) won't find the prize money as motivating. I'm betting the end of bench players would be very motivated. Esp. if they were on a 7 day contract. (Don't know if that applies or not.)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/12/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I appreciate that 'cup' competitions don't really have much cachet in the US, but I'd have thought players would care more about a cup final than a random midseason regular season game that's just one of 30+ and on its own often doesn't mean much at all. This one has that cash prize and a trophy at the end of it; the game on Sunday basically just means they're 17-5 or 16-6 (or whatever).

PostPosted: 08/12/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Sun players are fresh so I give them the win. You can't tell me Sue Bird is ready to play six days and thousands of miles from the gold medal game.

Fresh v rust...I would assume the 3 Stormers are, at minimum, not jet-lagged.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/12/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

The players who are used to making a lot of money (e.g. Bird, probably Stewart) won't find the prize money as motivating. I'm betting the end of bench players would be very motivated. Esp. if they were on a 7 day contract. (Don't know if that applies or not.)

So they'll cheer extra hard?

Richyyy wrote:
I appreciate that 'cup' competitions don't really have much cachet in the US, but I'd have thought players would care more about a cup final than a random midseason regular season game that's just one of 30+ and on its own often doesn't mean much at all. This one has that cash prize and a trophy at the end of it; the game on Sunday basically just means they're 17-5 or 16-6 (or whatever).

The players have been pretty 'whatever' about the games that were included in the Cup so far. They do care greatly about the league title and every game in the short WNBA season is important for playoff seeding.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/21 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Randy wrote:

So they'll cheer extra hard?

Richyyy wrote:

The players have been pretty 'whatever' about the games that were included in the Cup so far. They do care greatly about the league title and every game in the short WNBA season is important for playoff seeding.

I do expect to see some pretty animated cheering tonight. As for whether the rest of the players give a damn I think they will, but we'll see one way or the other tonight.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/12/21 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just excited for the W to start again who cares who wins

PostPosted: 08/12/21 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Free Trial on Prime

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1425884674832879616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1425884674832879616%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwbbdaily.boards.net%2Fthread%2F792%2Fcommissioners-cup-final-8-12

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/12/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

They've been 'whatever' about it because of the terrible system they came up with for this thing. They gave supposed dual meaning to games that the players were already trying to win anyway. This is the first one all season that's actually been a cup game. I don't think anyone will be coasting through this tonight or treating it like preseason.

PostPosted: 08/12/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canada continuing to play poorly this season. The front office and coaching staff can't be thrilled with this development.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/12/21 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a Commissioner's Cup MVP award? Idea

And where exactly are these Kinexon Wearables worn? Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: