RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Women's 3 X 3 schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/29/21 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I saw an improved Jackie Young from start to finish. Yes, they abused her when Steff was out and got several easy layups over her. But her defense when ROC was making its' run was critical.

Again, SO glad she was ready, willing and able to join the team. She clearly put in a lot of work to get herself up to speed so the team could win gold. Some of that workload was shared by #CoachKara. They had to figure out how to avoid having Jackie with the ball outside while her teammates were blanketed by the defense. I'm sure they tried to figure out how to keep Jackie from getting ISO'd on defense, but really it was either her or Kelsey Plum that it could get ISO'd and Jackie did get some deflections.

I haven't seen this level of "excitement" from you since your days of waxing on and on re: Maria Conlon. Laughing

Very Happy

~rAf
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 07/29/21 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Update: Here's a great article on the 3X3 experience!

https://www.si.com/olympics/2021/07/28/us-womens-3x3-basketball-gold-medal-tokyo-olympics

one minor quibble calling ALisha Gray a number one draft pick, but yeah a fun article in keeping with a fun game.

Yep, I caught that one too! Cool

Randy

PostPosted: 07/30/21 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Update: Here's a great article on the 3X3 experience!

https://www.si.com/olympics/2021/07/28/us-womens-3x3-basketball-gold-medal-tokyo-olympics

one minor quibble calling ALisha Gray a number one draft pick, but yeah a fun article in keeping with a fun game.

Yep, I caught that one too! Cool

Jackie Young was the other No. 1 pick. Gray was, however, ROY in her draft.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/30/21 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest advantage of 3x3 is the lack of in-game coaching. It moves fast because you don't get a million timeouts and scheduled stoppages so that Dawn Staley can try to micromanage every possession.

PostPosted: 07/30/21 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The biggest advantage of 3x3 is the lack of in-game coaching. It moves fast because you don't get a million timeouts and scheduled stoppages so that Dawn Staley can try to micromanage every possession.

I think the 12 sec. clock, no out of bounds plays and heavy penalty for fouling are also advantages. 10 minutes is also pretty close to my attention span.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/09/21 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allisha Gray Knew She Wouldn't 'Come Back Empty-Handed' from Tokyo

https://people.com/sports/tokyo-olympics-allisha-gray-on-3x3-basketball-gold-medal/

Quote:
Gray says she always wanted to go to an Olympic Games but thought it would be through the traditional five-on-five path. The Dallas Wings star says, though, that "once I was asked to be able to be on a 3x3 team and to maybe have a chance to go to the Olympics, I mean, it was a no brainer. I was like, 'Yes, I'm going to the Olympics. So it's a yes for me.' "

PostPosted: 08/09/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Ionescu will push to get herself on the 2024 team instead of the 5x5 team?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: