Liberty
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 07/23/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If Brionna Jones isn’t MIP this year they should do away with the award.

She wasn’t good last year?

To stay in the starting lineup with JJ back and to be a 1st time all star, she is perceptively better.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/23/21 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blue crabs & basketba wrote:
Shades wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If Brionna Jones isn’t MIP this year they should do away with the award.

She wasn’t good last year?

To stay in the starting lineup with JJ back and to be a 1st time all star, she is perceptively better.

This is a bit of a sales pitch since Alyssa Thomas is out, letting her remain in basically the same spot as last year.

Is she more improved than any other candidate? No, she’s pretty much the same as last year. Her future contract outlook might be improving though.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/25/21 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly the numbers support Shades. My original thought, not only are Jones’ offensive numbers awesome but her defensive play appears great. The numbers support that from a defensive +/- per 40. However, CT was also a similarly better defensive team with her last year too. Being at games in person for me is a big difference in the way I view players but I think I just originally underestimated her two-way performance last year.

Either way, she’s a star player and there’s no two ways about it. She’s a solid offensive player with a versatile game and her D is high end too.

One area that is definitely improved is Jones’ midrange shooting percentage. It’s up significantly albeit in a small sample size. So in my own defense I do think there’s increased versatility to her game. I wouldn’t label it “most improved” compared say to Kelsey Plum or anyone else I’m missing though.

You don’t often see all three of a “big 3” at the 3, 4 and 5 spots but it’s an interesting construct that’s clearly working.

Say what you want about Curt Miller but you can’t dispute that he’s won with different types of teams with a variety of styles.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: