23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Sky
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/10/21 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington never seemed to 'get' the pick and roll so Chicago should have just gone to it over and over. They continually got Parker and Dolson down low all alone or with a little guard on them. And Diamond had a sub par game, along with all their bench posts.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/10/21 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seemed like the refs were trying to help Chicago out toward the end of this game, but they still couldn’t pull it out.

The plays that stood out to me were the foul by Copper on Atkins that they ignored and called it out of bounds on Atkins, and the ignored thrown elbow by Dolson to clear out Walker-Kimbrough.

And the whining she does even when she clearly fouls a player on the arm. Dirty Dolson is becoming my least favorite player.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 07/10/21 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Seemed like the refs were trying to help Chicago out toward the end of this game, but they still couldn’t pull it out.

The plays that stood out to me were the foul by Copper on Atkins that they ignored and called it out of bounds on Atkins, and the ignored thrown elbow by Dolson to clear out Walker-Kimbrough.

And the whining she does even when she clearly fouls a player on the arm. Dirty Dolson is becoming my least favorite player.

I second your disdain towards her demeanor on the court. Not sure I think one team was favored as it was definitely a physical game all around.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/11/21 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Shades wrote:

I second your disdain towards her demeanor on the court. Not sure I think one team was favored as it was definitely a physical game all around.

I thought the Copper foul on Atkins was pretty egregious as well. That one has to be called a foul. In addition to Dolson whining, I noticed a lot of whining from Tina too. But she's been playing so spectacularly that it's hard to fault her for the whines. Usually Parker is also well versed in the whining department though I didn't notice it as much tonight. I think we could put together an all-whiners team pretty easily.

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 07/11/21 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
nice to see SWK in a position where they have to play her. She is one of those players who plays much better when her confidence is up.

Indeed.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/11/21 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the game. Don't think I have ever seen the venue packed out to that extent in all my years as an STH. There were a lot of Mystics fans in the house.

It was an exciting, yet frustrating game. As I said to my friend with whom I rode, I got hoarse, and for what?

I've been saying how the Sky have been out of sync all year. I don't know what is causing it. Again, like during the long losing streak, we hadn't traveled, so that couldn't be a factor.

I've also said that some of our passing choices have been highly suspect. We are a team of shorties, relatively speaking, and too many have been going over the players' heads.

Our shots are not falling - even wide open, uncontested ones. Several rimmed out last night, and the rest were missed bunnies and airballs.

We didn't get ourselves to the line as frequently. We went after few O boards and missed many D boards even though we had many opportunities with multiple players in the area - DC was just more aggressive.

Hebard and Stevens, as well as Ndour-Fall, didn't make much of an impact. Diamond was super quiet. I get that dread in my stomach I had two years ago every time she headed for a wide-open layup that she inevitably missed.

The stat lines were similar for the most part; rebounds were the main factor - they had nine more overall.

We blocked more shots, had fewer turnovers. Need to stop jacking up 3s and committing stupid fouls. There were a number of bad calls, yes, but as always, we - or any team - should not put themselves in a position that missed FTs and bad calls can make the difference in a game.

I was shocked to see that Dolson was our high scorer! Shocked

Tina was outstanding last night, and Plaisance made an impact as well.

We just crashed and burned in OT.

Wouldn't have stood a chance if their missing players had been in because we were behind the majority of this game.

I don't even know what to say anymore. The players have to make their shots. They say they have this great chemistry, but for much of the season, it just hasn't been apparent on the floor.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: