Liberty
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Fever
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Shades

PostPosted: 07/07/21 6:11 pm    ::: Liberty @ Fever - 7/09/21 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: NBATV, Bally Sports Indiana, TSN5

Video stream:
https://www.nba.com/watch/channel/nbatvlive

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/liberty-at-fever-on-07092021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210709/NYLIND/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320675

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/07/21 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m worried about this game. Watching CT run doubles at Hatar literally as soon as she posted up and that’s with JJ defending and trying to front her. Then you also have to deal with McCowan. I love Gray’s motor and she’s physical and tough. But she’s still going to have to guard one of these two players with a major height deficiency. And she doesn’t really have the athleticism to front successfully.

Libs might very well drop 90+ in this game too. Their perimeter players are playing their best right now. I feel like they’re going to need every possible point. I don’t like this game from a matchup standpoint other than I think Laney will post up and be a playmaker. Indiana has nobody who can guard her. The quick players on Indy don’t have the size and the size players don’t have the quickness.

PostPosted: 07/07/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I’m worried about this game. Watching CT run doubles at Hatar literally as soon as she posted up and that’s with JJ defending and trying to front her. Then you also have to deal with McCowan. I love Gray’s motor and she’s physical and tough. But she’s still going to have to guard one of these two players with a major height deficiency. And she doesn’t really have the athleticism to front successfully.

Libs might very well drop 90+ in this game too. Their perimeter players are playing their best right now. I feel like they’re going to need every possible point. I don’t like this game from a matchup standpoint other than I think Laney will post up and be a playmaker. Indiana has nobody who can guard her. The quick players on Indy don’t have the size and the size players don’t have the quickness.

I am similarly concerned about the potential damage the Fever can do in the paint. The matchups early in the season ended with wins but they were not particularly convincing.

PostPosted: 07/08/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I think the best matchup for Laney defensively is VViv. But she hasn't been getting a lot of playing time. Hatar has disappeared so you at least won't be worried about her.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/08/21 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib are still in New York. They are scheduled to fly out at 5 AM.

PostPosted: 07/08/21 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shocked yikes.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/08/21 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad storms in NY. Based on the forecast it would seem 5 am is no lock.

PostPosted: 07/08/21 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Hatar has disappeared so you at least won't be worried about her.

NYL_WNBA_FAN is going to sleep much better tonight. Smile

pilight wrote:

No problem. Just party until 3 AM and then leave for the airport. Wink

PostPosted: 07/09/21 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they've been at the airport, though I don't see that as being much of a barrier to the potential of partying 'til 3. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/09/21 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabrina posted that they were at the airport for 9 hours. In fact, Didi had a picture of everybody actually on a plane. I guess they sat on the tarmac for awhile. There is a Tweet from Jaz Jones that said she just made it through security this morning. The Twitter time suggests it was posted around 8 AM. Unless she meant security in Indiana, that implies they flew out later than the 6 AM scheduled departure she Tweeted last night.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DiDi Richards went live on IG last night and the team has a great chemistry about them . They played "Pass the Phone" too make up for the delays at the airport and they all made cracks on each person they passed the phone too it was hilarious. Coach Walt Stated "Im going to pass the phone to somewhere who has a fake ass Australian accent" And passed it to Sammi Laughing Laughing Laughing She then stated "Im going to pass the phone to someone who has 3 State Farm Commercials" and passed it to SAB Laughing Laughing Laughing #GreatCommradery

PostPosted: 07/09/21 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jaz Jones Instagram indicates that they boarded the plane this morning at 9:11.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

only the strong will be left standing. well, Indy needs every advantage they can get to compete.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/09/21 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like they landed in Indianapolis around 11:30.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DiDi Richards went live on IG last night and the team has a great chemistry about them . They played "Pass the Phone" too make up for the delays at the airport and they all made cracks on each person they passed the phone too it was hilarious. Coach Walt Stated "Im going to pass the phone to somewhere who has a fake ass Australian accent" And passed it to Sammi Laughing Laughing Laughing She then stated "Im going to pass the phone to someone who has 3 State Farm Commercials" and passed it to SAB Laughing Laughing Laughing #GreatCommradery

lol During her rookie year, at a season ticket holder event, a fan asked Whitcomb, "Oh, what kind of accent is that?" A rather confused Sami replied, "Um...American?" Laughing

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/09/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

They’re a fun team to root for.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/khristina2334/status/1413265129236484098?s=21

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The game isn’t supposed to be blacked out on NBATV in NY. What’s going on?

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've just run into the same problem. If anyone can find a way to watch the game, I'll be grateful if you post that.

This is a reflection of the minor-league status of this sport that so many of us love. I'm constantly having to figure out where (on TV or online) I can watch a Liberty game. And now I've settled in to watch tonight's game, currently 11-8 Liberty on the WNBA website, and I can't. I hope someone tells Joe and Clara Tsai about this.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I love this! Laughing

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laney is so strong in the post.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I've just run into the same problem. If anyone can find a way to watch the game, I'll be grateful if you post that.

This is a reflection of the minor-league status of this sport that so many of us love. I'm constantly having to figure out where (on TV or online) I can watch a Liberty game. And now I've settled in to watch tonight's game, currently 11-8 Liberty on the WNBA website, and I can't. I hope someone tells Joe and Clara Tsai about this.

It’s on league pass. Makes no sense that it would be on league pass and not on nba tv. But that’s the situation.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

NBATV has been blacking out the away team's "local" market for their games recently. This past Sunday, people that live in the Dream's market was unable to watch the Dream-Aces and people that live in the the Storm's market was unable to watch Sparks-Storm game. The local channels that usually carry the Dream and Storm games were showing something else.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It’s on league pass. Makes no sense that it would be on league pass and not on nba tv. But that’s the situation.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 07/09/21 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
[ NBATV has been blacking out the away team's "local" market for their games recently. This past Sunday, people that live in the Dream's market was unable to watch the Dream-Aces and people that live in the the Storm's market was unable to watch Sparks-Storm game. The local channels that usually carry the Dream and Storm games were showing something else.

Such a stupid, self-destructive move for a league that badly needs more fans.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: