RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/03/22 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to guess that the "pickup game" was with her teammates, an "unofficial," not involving coaches, pre-season, recreational activity, wink, wink. Same knee as last year's tibial plateau fracture. Hope she recovers quickly, but more importantly, completely.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/03/22 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
greatgator wrote:
Paige Bueckers out for 2022-2023 season with torn ACL
https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2022/8/3/womens-basketball-paige-bueckers-suffers-torn-acl-will-miss-2022-23-season.aspx

How long before it takes pilight to come on here and talk about her sponsors being upset?

This is very upsetting news. I'm sure everyone connected to Bueckers feels that.

PostPosted: 08/03/22 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:
greatgator wrote:
https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2022/8/3/womens-basketball-paige-bueckers-suffers-torn-acl-will-miss-2022-23-season.aspx

How long before it takes pilight to come on here and talk about her sponsors being upset?

This is very upsetting news. I'm sure everyone connected to Bueckers feels that.

I commend you for not taking the big, fat bait. What an awful injury to such a transcendant talent and all around great person.

~rAf
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 08/03/22 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...the upcoming new england winter has gotten longer, darker, colder.

ucbart

PostPosted: 08/03/22 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:
greatgator wrote:

I commend you for not taking the big, fat bait. What an awful injury to such a transcendant talent and all around great person.

Well, he did it the last time she got injured, so I was wondering how long it would take him to do it this time. History has a tendency to repeat itself.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/03/22 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
...the upcoming new england winter has gotten longer, darker, colder.

I am so sorry huskie. We've had a decade of dark winter here in NC. We're counting on climate change.

~rAf
GEF34

PostPosted: 08/03/22 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
What kind of "pick-up" games do college players play? I guess they are student-athletes, but also are people, and can do what they please. Is it with her fellow collegiate players, or is it with just anyone who shows up?

That would be a bit scary, as just typical students can be undisciplined and rough. Are they just female players, or guys too?

If I was a star college player, who is destined to be a star in the professional leagues, I would make sure to only play in more organized settings, but I know recently even Lebron James and other NBA star players play in pick-up games too, so I guess you roll the dice and you take your chances.

Still a horrible shame after last season being disrupted due to injury, too. Prayers for a quick and full recovery....

Every school has "open gym" hours where the gym is specifically reserved for the players to go in and play games, shoot, work on drills, etc, but now most schools if not every school has access 24/7 to the gyms for the players to go play. With that being said often times during these "free" hours players will invite friends who are visiting or specifically come to play, and they will arrange pick up games with athletes from other sports, athletes from other schools, practice players, student managers or some sort of combination of those to play.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 08/03/22 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Teams are only allowed so many hours to officially practice during the summer, so it is very common for all of the players to show up 4 mornings a week and do pick up, whether or not they have practice that day. At this time of year, it is normal for teams to take a 2 week break from their summer workouts, before they come back for the official start of school in two weeks or whenever. But if the players stay on campus, they still do those pick up games in the morning.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/03/22 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I don’t know if this is similar for all wbb teams, but the UConn women play pickup with the football team. It’s a non official team activity.

Yark! The physical disparity begs the question: Who thunk THAT up? Razz

The unfortunate truth is, it can happen in any setting, good matchups or not.

mercfan3 wrote:
This is horrible news for Paige and for UConn. I hope this is the last of her major injuries.

Hope this isn't a repeat of Jackie Gemelos.
I'm curious how this impacts any plans she had for going pro early. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: