RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okstateguy

PostPosted: 05/02/22 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK State have signed 2 more:

-Terryn Milton of UTA
-Lior Garzon of Villanova

PostPosted: 05/02/22 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jillian Hollingshead states she's officially with Tennessee

https://twitter.com/jus_jillian/status/1521198720934629379

~UK~

PostPosted: 05/02/22 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK gets two SEC transfers, Ajae Petty from LSU & Eniya Russell from South Carolina.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article260936622.html

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/03/22 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG, Stormeo. It actually happened! Dalayah Daniels to UW. We got one! Laughing

PostPosted: 05/05/22 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many times can a player pass through the transfer portal? (Is this WCBB or Doctor Who?)

"Former West Virginia forward Esmery Martinez seemed to have everything mapped out. On April 24, LSU announced that she was transferring to Baton Rouge to play for Kim Mulkey.

Not so fast. Martinez will be an Arizona Wildcat instead..."

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2022/5/4/23057339/arizona-womens-basketball-esmery-martinez-lsu-mulkey-transfer-west-virginia-transfer

okstateguy

PostPosted: 05/05/22 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
How many times can a player pass through the transfer portal? (Is this WCBB or Doctor Who?)

"Former West Virginia forward Esmery Martinez seemed to have everything mapped out. On April 24, LSU announced that she was transferring to Baton Rouge to play for Kim Mulkey.

Not so fast. Martinez will be an Arizona Wildcat instead..."

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2022/5/4/23057339/arizona-womens-basketball-esmery-martinez-lsu-mulkey-transfer-west-virginia-transfer

I wonder if she knows something we don't(like maybe the addition of someone like Angel Reese at LSU)

PostPosted: 05/05/22 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She can bail out if she hadn't signed on the dotted line.

PostPosted: 05/06/22 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/hoopfeed/status/1522585976341770241?s=20&t=bY6nJ1nAwa5DL7wlpqd9SA

Angel Reese to LSU

PostPosted: 05/06/22 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She can bail out if she hadn't signed on the dotted line.

A transfer only signs a financial aid agreement. Until they attend classes at the University they can go wherever. The NLI gives the University the power and you can only sign one of those.

So she could have signed with LSU and Arizona technically. She hasn't attended classes at LSU yet, so nothing is binding.

SPD

PostPosted: 05/06/22 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://twitter.com/hoopfeed/status/1522585976341770241?s=20&t=bY6nJ1nAwa5DL7wlpqd9SA

Angel Reese to LSU

LSU and Tennessee have a LOT of talent this year - hopefully, they can turn these new rosters into actual teams.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Angel Reese to LSU

LSU and Tennessee have a LOT of talent this year - hopefully, they can turn these new rosters into actual teams.

Seeing as how they both have excellent coaches, I'd say the chances are pretty good.

PostPosted: 05/10/22 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we think Saniya Rivers goes back to her home state of North Carolina? UNC? NC State? Duke? Wake Forest? Some or all or none of these are options maybe?

SPD

PostPosted: 05/12/22 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kimora Jenkins (UGA) exits the portal and lands at East Carolina.

https://twitter.com/ecucoachkim/status/1524737710895869952

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/12/22 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saniya Rivers visiting NC State this weekend?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/12/22 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jade Loville not going far. ASU to Arizona. Barnes is quietly building a powerhouse, adding 3 proven P5 scorers through the portal.

I don't think it's been mentioned here, but 2-time NAIA PoY Stephanie Soares wound up at Iowa State.

And Kadi Sissoko to Southern Cal.

PostPosted: 05/13/22 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Jade Loville not going far. ASU to Arizona. Barnes is quietly building a powerhouse, adding 3 proven P5 scorers through the portal.

Didn't we say that last year at this time? Confused

PostPosted: 05/13/22 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brenda Frese downplays high-profile transfers, restocks Maryland's roster
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/05/13/maryland-womens-basketball-transfers-brenda-frese/

Yikes, is this GPA mention necessary:
“None of this caught us off guard,” Frese said in an April interview. “We saw this coming through the season. We knew we were going to be portaling this offseason.

“Unfortunately nowadays you can't make everyone happy. And I'll say everybody has different individual reasons, right? One might want to be marketed better than the other or be the leading scorer or academically, Mimi wanted to get into grad school here and didn't have the GPA to get in. So I think every kid has different reasons.”

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/13/22 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/05/13/maryland-womens-basketball-transfers-brenda-frese/

“None of this caught us off guard,” Frese said in an April interview. “We saw this coming through the season. We knew we were going to be portaling this offseason.

“Unfortunately nowadays you can't make everyone happy. And I'll say everybody has different individual reasons, right? One might want to be marketed better than the other or be the leading scorer or academically, Mimi wanted to get into grad school here and didn't have the GPA to get in. So I think every kid has different reasons.”

Sour grapes much? Seems Brenda's teeth have been set on edge.

PostPosted: 05/13/22 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK State has added two more to it's roster:

Claire Chastain(UTA)

Makyra Tramble- Southwestern Oklahoma State University(DII)

Not all that excited about Chastain personally, but Tramble is interesting. Was named the D2 National player of the year. Her averages were:

20.1ppg, 7.6 rpg, 5.2 apg, 2.8 spg. Shot 45% from the field, 33% from three, and 80% from the line. Appears to be just as good of an athlete as Lauren Fields(her high school teammate) is. Interested to see how well she adjusts to D1 life.

PostPosted: 05/13/22 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:

Seems like that comment would be a violation of FERPA.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/13/22 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

Mnah. Yeah, she coulda been more circumspect ("She wanted to seek out other grad school options"), but it's not like she's telling her specific gpa, etc. I'd say that's no more revealing than a coach announcing that a player is benched for academic reasons: the implication is obvious.

Brenda is Brenda....she goes with the flow, and I have no doubt she'd prefer a class of kids that 'grew' into a tight team, but.....this is more the norm than ever, these days. She rolls with what she's got, and is perennially at/near the top of a P5.

PostPosted: 05/14/22 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maddie Scherr to UK

https://www.wkyt.com/2022/05/14/former-kentucky-miss-basketball-maddie-scherr-commits-uk/

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/14/22 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taylor Soule from BC to Virginia Tech. Another good pickup for Kenny Brooks.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 05/14/22 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

Mnah. Yeah, she coulda been more circumspect ("She wanted to seek out other grad school options"), but it's not like she's telling her specific gpa, etc. I'd say that's no more revealing than a coach announcing that a player is benched for academic reasons: the implication is obvious.

Brenda is Brenda....she goes with the flow, and I have no doubt she'd prefer a class of kids that 'grew' into a tight team, but.....this is more the norm than ever, these days. She rolls with what she's got, and is perennially at/near the top of a P5.

Frese may not have mentioned the specific GPA but if people know, for example, that it takes a 3.0 to get into grad school at Maryland then Frese just told the whole world that Mimi's GPA is below a 3.0. I think Frese is a really good coach but that was bush league (IMHO) and if not considered an outright violation of FERPA, I hope she was at least reprimanded.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/14/22 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno. People are making all kinds of assumptions about Frese and the program based on all the transfers. To me, it makes sense that she would point out that at least in this case, the kid would have stayed if she could have. I mean at Stanford, there's always talk about how someone is/isn't academically qualified both undergraduate and graduate and I've never heard anyone complain about those comments. Some of our grad transfers were because they couldn't get into the grad school. It's just a fact of life. Every school has different academic standards and even every graduate program within the same school is different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: