RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/24/22 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Rickea Jackson from MS State has entered the portal.

Shocked

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/25/22 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU Coach O'Regan has announced that Peyton McDaniel will redshirt for the rest of this year due to a lingering foot injury suffered in tournament play last year.
https://twitter.com/Shane_DNRSports/status/1486030414128971778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1486030414128971778%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-940826-page-2.html

PostPosted: 01/25/22 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33142380/sec-leading-women-basketball-scorer-rickea-jackson-transfer-mississippi-state-bulldogs

Howee

PostPosted: 01/25/22 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33142380/sec-leading-women-basketball-scorer-rickea-jackson-transfer-mississippi-state-bulldogs

Quote:
The newspaper also reported, citing sources with knowledge of the situation, that there was tension between several players on the team.

Geezooey. That's unfortunate. Hope she *lands* well.

PostPosted: 01/25/22 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rickea rarely saw a shot she didn’t like.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/25/22 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
SPD wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Quote:
The newspaper also reported, citing sources with knowledge of the situation, that there was tension between several players on the team.

Geezooey. That's unfortunate. Hope she *lands* well.

I would venture a guess that one or more of the players creating tension might be named Hayes. One of them in particular seems to have created problems in the past. She was dismissed from a previous team.

PostPosted: 01/25/22 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
Rickea rarely saw a shot she didn’t like.

yeah, with all the coaching change, maybe the new guy told her not to hoist it so often unless it had a better chance of actually going in...

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/25/22 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson's shooting 41%/24%/73%.

What happened to Alasia Hayes? She played one semester at ND, then transferred to MS State, where she's on their roster but doesn't have any stats listed for this season. Is she playing? Ineligible? Injured?

thardy929

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee back-up post Keyen Green is out for the season with a torn ACL, for the second season in a row. Really feel for her.

Keyen was averaging 7 points and 3.2 boards in 14.7 minutes off the bench. The pressure will really be on Tamari Key to keep out of foul trouble now.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
Tennessee back-up post Keyen Green is out for the season with a torn ACL, for the second season in a row. Really feel for her.

Keyen was averaging 7 points and 3.2 boards in 14.7 minutes off the bench. The pressure will really be on Tamari Key to keep out of foul trouble now.

The pressure will now be on Karoline Striplin (not quite ready for prime time?) and Emily Saunders coming off the bench. I hate this for Keyen, who has been such a leader on and off the court. She will continue to be a leader from the bench while she works on her PhD. Apparently her future is in coaching.

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:

The pressure will now be on Karoline Striplin (not quite ready for prime time?) and Emily Saunders coming off the bench. I hate this for Keyen, who has been such a leader on and off the court. She will continue to be a leader from the bench while she works on her PhD. Apparently her future is in coaching.

Can she petition for another year? She's played 3 years at Liberty, 4 games last year, and then 19 this year. Surely she could get a medical redshirt for 2020-2021, I would think? What a tough way to end your playing career if not.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/26/22 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:

Can she petition for another year? She's played 3 years at Liberty, 4 games last year, and then 19 this year. Surely she could get a medical redshirt for 2020-2021, I would think? What a tough way to end your playing career if not.

IDK. This was her sixth year of eligibility, and she already took a redshirt year for an ankle injury at Liberty. Anyone? Maybe she thinks two ACL's are enough. I’d like to see her return as a GA and finish her PhD.

This is a huge blow for the team. Neither Striplin or Saunders are ready for SEC or post-season level play.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/26/22 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="ucbart"][quote="summertime blues"]
thardy929 wrote:

I believe everyone "missed" the 2020-2021 season in terms of eligibility. It was like it never happened for anyone - so, no, I don't believe she can apply for a redshirt. Could be wrong but that's my understanding of the rule.

PostPosted: 01/26/22 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having played in 19 games, it must be too late for her to get a medical redshirt this year, so she's played four years.

Durantula

PostPosted: 01/26/22 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
ucbart wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:

IDK. This was her sixth year of eligibility, and she already took a redshirt year for an ankle injury at Liberty. Anyone? Maybe she thinks two ACL's are enough. I’d like to see her return as a GA and finish her PhD.

This is a huge blow for the team. Neither Striplin or Saunders are ready for SEC or post-season level play.

If Striplin and Saunders haven't played much in SEC games I can't imagine they will take Green's minutes. Isn't it more likely that Alexus Dye just plays a few more minutes per game, maybe Key and Puckett too? Between those 3 they could probably make up for Green's minutes.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/26/22 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
ucbart wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:

If Striplin and Saunders haven't played much in SEC games I can't imagine they will take Green's minutes. Isn't it more likely that Alexus Dye just plays a few more minutes per game, maybe Key and Puckett too? Between those 3 they could probably make up for Green's minutes.

Key may not be able to make up any minutes because of her propensity to get into foul trouble, which is exactly why Green was so valuable. Dye and Puckett could certainly play more, but neither play the 5 position. I would also suspect Horston may get some time at the 4 spot if Dye and Puckett have to play center.

We'll see if KJH can work some more magic with personnel management here.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/26/22 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
ucbart wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:

Strpilin had better get ready. I think Kellie is expecting big things from her. Saunders is a different thing, really. She's just a little bit more than a preferred walk-on. She wanted to be a Lady Vol SO much that she willed herself into it. Not saying she's not good enough to play some odd minutes in a runaway game, but she's not your everyday player in the big ones. Striplin is expected to develop into a big time player. She's just going to have to hurry it up a little.

PostPosted: 01/27/22 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU's Claire Neff will have surgery on Monday for an injury suffered in the Charleston game last week (knee, I think) and is out for the season. This is the second big blow for the Dukes this week, as it was announced that last year's CAA ROY Peyton McDaniel will be redshirted this year.
https://twitter.com/Shane_DNRSports/status/1486788396647337997?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1486788396647337997%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-940826-page-2.html

PostPosted: 01/28/22 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Elizabeth Kitley only played 8 minutes tonight, and this article vaguely mentions a groin injury? Does anyone know how she's doing?

SPD

PostPosted: 01/28/22 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jessika Carter is back practicing with the MSU team.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33163701/mississippi-state-jessika-carter-returns-women-basketball-team-participating-individual-workouts

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/29/22 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another big name in the portal...Jasmine Powell out of Minnesota. Things continue to darken the reign of Whalen.

Great to hear about Carter. They need her size depserately if they're going to make a postseason run.

PostPosted: 01/29/22 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Another big name in the portal...Jasmine Powell out of Minnesota. Things continue to darken the reign of Whalen.

Great to hear about Carter. They need her size depserately if they're going to make a postseason run.

Carter is working out individually but won’t join the MSU team until next season.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/29/22 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Are players bailing out before the big Whalen recruiting class arrives, figuring they're going to get all the preferences and advantages and playing time over current players since Whalen sort of sinks or swims with next year's class?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/30/22 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taylor Jones, OrSU's starting center has missed their last five games and is out indefinitely with an unspecified injury. They are "looking at treatment options" and she may be out for the remainder of the season.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/30/22 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Taylor Jones, OrSU's starting center has missed their last five games and is out indefinitely with an unspecified injury. They are "looking at treatment options" and she may be out for the remainder of the season.

Now, there's a loss....despite all their 6'9"s and 6'6"s, Taylor at 6'3" is probably OR St.'s most productive post player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 9 of 34

Jump to: