RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/09/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyler Curran had a knee injury for High Point today in the loss to Elon. Unclear on what the prognosis was.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/09/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Madison Greene, Ohio State, is out for the year with a knee injury.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/11/21 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More unrest in Starkville. Per Raoul...
Quote:
Another Mississippi State WBB player (following Jasmine Shavers) has entered her name into the portal: KN’isha Godfrey (5-9 SO combo guard, Tampa, FL); she was a 2021 prospect but enrolled early last season; played 4 minutes in the Bulldogs opener on Tuesday

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/11/21 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Quote:
Another Mississippi State WBB player (following Jasmine Shavers) has entered her name into the portal: KN’isha Godfrey (5-9 SO combo guard, Tampa, FL); she was a 2021 prospect but enrolled early last season; played 4 minutes in the Bulldogs opener on Tuesday

it's not surprising that some young guards are going to want out. It's obviously going to be the Hayes' team for the next couple of years. If you're fifth or lower on the pecking order for guards, why not go somewhere else. The team is loaded with a bazillion little guards.

Last edited by myrtle on 11/11/21 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/11/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Quote:

Per Robbie Faulk who reports on MSU topics, Godfrey pulled her name out of the portal.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/11/21 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Quote:

Per Robbie Faulk who reports on MSU topics, Godfrey pulled her name out of the portal.

just looked at their roster. they have 8 guards listed 5'9" or under! Shocked including Godfrey.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/11/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Quote:

just looked at their roster. they have 8 guards listed 5'9" or under! Shocked including Godfrey.

And the listed height is probably 2-3” more than actual height.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/14/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Morris was ruled eligible to play this season for LSU. Rolling Eyes

She's currently playing in the game against FGCU.

PostPosted: 11/15/21 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marie Olson’s name has disappeared from the NDSU roster. She transferred before last season, and I think ?? she was injured last year so did not play. She was on the roster as of a couple weeks ago, and her younger sister is a freshman on the team this year. She originally is from Minnesota, moved out to California for her last year of high school, played at SMU for a year, and transferred to North Dakota State.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/15/21 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Wait-is this the same Alexis Morris who started with Kim at Baylor, then went to Rutgers, then went to like two other places? Please tell me she's younger than Ali Patberg?

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/15/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Wait-is this the same Alexis Morris who started with Kim at Baylor, then went to Rutgers, then went to like two other places? Please tell me she's younger than Ali Patberg?

At least this is only her 5th year: Baylor -> Rutgers -> Texas A&M -> LSU. She was in the Class of 2017. Interesting that she was granted immediate eligibility at both A&M as well as LSU. She did redshirt her soph year at Rutgers.

Unlike Patberg, who is 25, playing in her 7th season from the Class of 2015. Rolling Eyes

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/15/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
ucbart wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

At least this is only her 5th year: Baylor -> Rutgers -> Texas A&M -> LSU. She was in the Class of 2017. Interesting that she was granted immediate eligibility at both A&M as well as LSU. She did redshirt her soph year at Rutgers.

Unlike Patberg, who is 25, playing in her 7th season from the Class of 2015. Rolling Eyes

At this point I'm just assuming Patberg is, like, an adjunct professor.

PostPosted: 11/15/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know the extent of Rae Burrell’s injury? An article on the Tennessee site says she left a game with an injury, and did not return or play in the next game.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/15/21 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wrong thread

PostPosted: 11/15/21 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Does anyone know the extent of Rae Burrell’s injury? An article on the Tennessee site says she left a game with an injury, and did not return or play in the next game.

Latest we've heard from Coach Harper is that it's not her ACL, but she's out indefinitely. Read a rumor on the Vols forums that it could just be 2-3 weeks, but that's not confirmed anywhere.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/15/21 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saylor Poffenbarger is in transfer portal out of UCONN. I believe she enrolled early last season played a bit and sustained injury.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/15/21 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Marie Olson’s name has disappeared from the NDSU roster. She transferred before last season, and I think ?? she was injured last year so did not play. She was on the roster as of a couple weeks ago, and her younger sister is a freshman on the team this year. She originally is from Minnesota, moved out to California for her last year of high school, played at SMU for a year, and transferred to North Dakota State.

She’s the second post player to leave the team. Brittany Epperson (sophomore) left the team a couple of weeks back.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/15/21 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
ucbart wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

OMG-Patberg was a freshman with Arike, Marina, Phee, Lou, and that class? HAAAAAAAAA.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/15/21 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Saylor Poffenbarger is in transfer portal out of UCONN. I believe she enrolled early last season played a bit and sustained injury.

Probably wants to go to Oregon since that’s where her boyfriend is playing football.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/16/21 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

OMG-Patberg was a freshman with Arike, Marina, Phee, Lou, and that class? HAAAAAAAAA.

I don't understand the obsession with Patberg's eligibility. The way NCAA rules have been applied to her are fair and sensible. Just let her do her, y'all.

For reference, here is a rundown of her college career. I've bolded the years that count against her eligibility.

2015-16 preseason ACL injury (wasn't officially granted a medical redshirt for this year until she petitioned for one retrospectively at the beginning of the 18-19 season)
2016-17 reserve PG at Notre Dame
2017-18 sat out due to NCAA transfer rules
2018-2019 first season at Indiana
2019-2020 second season at Indiana

2020-2021 third season at Indiana (Covid year doesn't count against eligibility)
2021-2022 last season

PostPosted: 11/16/21 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
ucbart wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

I don't understand the obsession with Patberg's eligibility. The way NCAA rules have been applied to her are fair and sensible. Just let her do her, y'all.

For reference, here is a rundown of her college career. I've bolded the years that count against her eligibility.

2015-16 preseason ACL injury (wasn't officially granted a medical redshirt for this year until she petitioned for one retrospectively at the beginning of the 18-19 season)
2016-17 reserve PG at Notre Dame
2017-18 sat out due to NCAA transfer rules
2018-2019 first season at Indiana
2019-2020 second season at Indiana

2020-2021 third season at Indiana (Covid year doesn't count against eligibility)
2021-2022 last season

Edit - Nvm...not worth it.

Last edited by purduefanatic on 11/16/21 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/16/21 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

!!!! Shocked

Continuing the recent tradition of some big recruits jumping ship. Any guesses on where she'll land?

PostPosted: 11/16/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://gamecocksonline.com/news/2021/11/16/womens-basketball-johnson-out-for-remainder-of-2021-22-season.aspx

Raven Johnson out for the season with ACL

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/16/21 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

!!!! Shocked

Continuing the recent tradition of some big recruits jumping ship. Any guesses on where she'll land?

someone elsewhere suggested her bf plays football for Oregon so that may or may not be a clue. It's smart of her really - she sees the writing on the wall. Let's see... do I want to warm the bench my whole career in order to have a national championship, or do I want to go somewhere I can actually play...and hopefully still have at least a shot at a championship? I really wonder how anyone who is not a top 10 recruit ever bothers to go to UConn.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/16/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

!!!! Shocked

someone elsewhere suggested her bf plays football for Oregon so that may or may not be a clue. It's smart of her really - she sees the writing on the wall. Let's see... do I want to warm the bench my whole career in order to have a national championship, or do I want to go somewhere I can actually play...and hopefully still have at least a shot at a championship? I really wonder how anyone who is not a top 10 recruit ever bothers to go to UConn.

Where’s she from? That could be a clue too. Sometimes when they get hurt, especially if it’s a nagging injury, they want to be closer to home. I still think that’s how JMU lost Rayne Tucker, and I know for a fact that’s why my grandson left the school that recruited him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 4 of 34

Jump to: