Mystics
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Sparks
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Shades

PostPosted: 06/22/21 9:05 pm    ::: Mystics @ Sparks - 6/24/21 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: Spectrum Sportsnet, Monumental, NBATV Canada

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/mystics-at-sparks-on-06242021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210624/WASLAS/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320649

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/24/21 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA shoots 58% in the first half

LA 49 Washington 44 H

undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/24/21 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exciting game so far despite the depleted rosters for both teams. Mystics took an early lead but LA's defense helped them creep back into it, aided by hot shooting and effective dribble penetration.

My running commentary on Gustafson - Her attempt to create her own shot at the high post was cringeworthy and resulted in a turnover. But if she gets the ball with a bit of space or with decent positioning down low she has excellent touch. Only had 2 rebounds but prevented a number of second chance points and fast break layups by hustling back on defense.

Announcers spent the majority of the first quarter talking about Nneka being left off the Olympic roster.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The play by play announcer is struggling with the pronunciation of Gustafson. She says it like Gu-STAF-son.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im not liking the way the announcer is pronouncing Gustafson. Lol. Forgive me if that's the correct pronunciation. Hope LA can hang on to this lead 🙏🏿

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even with what we're presented with by Vegas and Phoenix, this is comfortably my most muted broadcast crew around the league. Rarely last more than five minutes with the sound on.

Nice to see a WNBA game where one Great Britain player starts and another actually plays well, though.

Last edited by Richyyy on 06/24/21 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics simply unable to guard the 3 point line tonight. But if they don't sag off, LA's slashers are able to get to the basket way too easy.

Mystics surprisingly tried to throw the ball into Gustafson on two consecutive possessions but both passes were off the mark, leaving Megan to flounder down there like a whale.

LA's aggression on defense is definitely working in their favor. Refs letting them play, within reason.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Props to Zahui B and Te'a Cooper, who had a career night. Great game for Brittney Sykes as well.

The last few possessions for the Mystics were atrocious, but you have to credit LA's defense.

Washington in desperate need of a bit more scoring balance.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They Mystics lack of depth caught up with them on their 4th game in eight days with a cross country road trip included.

PostPosted: 06/25/21 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I figured it would. A little surprised there were so many votes for the Mystics given their roster & schedule predicament. Good effort just to make it a contest.

With the Olympics on the horizon I've been keeping an eye on FLB this season and have not remotely liked what I have seen, but these last couple of games have been encouraging.

PostPosted: 06/25/21 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zahui with possibly the game-saving block.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gv99EKVx6vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cooper with career-high 26 pts. With Holmes sidelined, it’s a miracle this group took down the Storm-slayers with a Big Three of Zahui, Sykes, and Cooper. Baby Samuelson stepped up with what I believe was her career high.

jap

PostPosted: 06/25/21 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks have some interesting young players (Brittney, Erica, Te'a, Bria, & Nia) who are all elevating their games this season. If Karlie is going to be playing that good, it will be a shame to lose her. Kristie is still struggling somewhat with her scoring, but she still helps to exert a calming presence on the floor for her youthful compadres.

I love Amanda's play down low last night. At times she seems too quick to camp out at the arc. She was 3-6 from downtown last night, but she doesn't often shoot that well. She demonstrated a sweet fade away mid range shot that would be very difficult for most players to defend when it's falling. She showcases more athleticism and finesse than I thought she had. She and Maria will make a dangerous tag team or duo when the young Russian returns.

Last edited by jap on 06/26/21 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 06/25/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Zahui with possibly the game-saving block.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gv99EKVx6vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cooper with career-high 26 pts. With Holmes sidelined, it’s a miracle this group took down the Storm-slayers with a Big Three of Zahui, Sykes, and Cooper. Baby Samuelson stepped up with what I believe was her career high.

Took six minutes to play 35 seconds.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: