21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Storm
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/22/21 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles deserved that win. Also deserves to be in the Olympics, I don’t wanna hear any slander come her way!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/22/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington says 'we have the fluffy bunny and you don't'

undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/22/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
but karma says, 'no Elise, you were full of BS on that one'

Yup, no pity for Stewie on that last shot attempt because Seattle never should have had the possession anyway.

What a performance from Charles!

And Plaisance -- ice cold all game but hit two crucial shots in the final minutes to save the game for the Mystics.

Last edited by undersized_post on 06/22/21 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/22/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Tina Charles deserved that win. Also deserves to be in the Olympics, I don’t wanna hear any slander come her way!!

100%

Tina was awesome.
Very happy to see Leilani play a good game too. She's had a rough season.

PostPosted: 06/22/21 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win!!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 06/22/21 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
How tf is that not a foul on Stewie??? 15 seconds left in the 4Q.

Listening to Elise try and explain how it was correct is bad commentary. Like can she believe the BS she was selling lmao

God bless her, even Dick wasn’t sold. Laughing Laughing

LMAO Stewie literally jumps on Atkins' back and Elise says, "Well Atkins can't back under a player like that. It's a safety call." Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/22/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
The 2 best players I've seen this year are Jonquel Jones and Tina Charles.

💰💰💰💲💲💲 These ladies need to get PAID next season.

PostPosted: 06/22/21 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good Mystics win Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/22/21 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

16-38 from 3. If you shoot like that, you're gonna win the game. I don't care who you're playing.

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 06/23/21 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OH NO! I was watching on Leaguepass after the game finished and the editing messed up. They cut the entire rest of the game when they went to commercial midway through the 3rd. Suddenly the final score is up and Fain is recapping. Argh, sounds like a pretty dramatic ending, would have liked to see it!

Grats to Loyd for her 3000th point! She's been so fun to watch this year.

Tina Charles has been amazing, also so much fun to watch. I was really impressed with the Mystics team considering how short handed they were. Also I miss watching Clark play, even if it's gotta be for a non-Storm team.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/23/21 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
How tf is that not a foul on Stewie??? 15 seconds left in the 4Q.

Listening to Elise try and explain how it was correct is bad commentary. Like can she believe the BS she was selling lmao

Funny, I heard her say "that was a foul on Atkins, but the foul on Stewie should have been called before that happened."

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/23/21 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
No Cloud + No Hines-Allen = No chance.

This aged well....

PostPosted: 06/23/21 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
Tina Charles has been amazing, also so much fun to watch

People seem to have forgotten how good Charles is after two miserable seasons under Katie Smith and a year off

PostPosted: 06/23/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dont know if am correct but it seems like Charles has a history of always playing great against the Storm

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 06/23/21 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I dont know if am correct but it seems like Charles has a history of always playing great against the Storm

She has a history of playing great, period

PostPosted: 06/23/21 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Mixolydian wrote:

People seem to have forgotten how good Charles is after two miserable seasons under Katie Smith and a year off

Would that include Kolb and Hopkins? 🤭

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/23/21 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

So does this make her the greatest to ever win a WNBA title or does that go to Lori Ann still ?

PostPosted: 06/23/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

So does this make her the greatest ever to not win a WNBA title or does that go to Lori Ann still ?

Come to think of it, both Charles & McCoughtry will be free agents next year. If neither Vegas nor Washington wins it this season (big "if" though, imo), they should both just sign with the same team and kill two birds with one stone together. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/23/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

It's a good reminder that coaching really does matter. It's easy to convince yourself it doesn't when a player is of Charles caliber - I fall into that trap a lot.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/23/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Mixolydian wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up because I was thinking about this today. Is it coaching or is it effort? Tina was no where near this level of performance her last few years at New York. So where was she hiding this production the last few years? Should the New York fans feel cheated? Was she angry with management? Inquiring minds want to know.

PostPosted: 06/23/21 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the game last night and I saw the face of the 2021 WNBA MVP and it was Tina Charles. I saw Jonquel Jones play and she wasn't as amazing as Charles. I watch Stewie and Jewell play all the time and they aren't as great as Charles is this season. Nobody has had to do more with less and carry their team like Charles. That 3-point shot of hers is a thing of beauty. And when teams send 2, 3, even 4 players to stop her, she either calmly hits a short jumper over them or deftly passes out to somebody to take an open shot. I have seen Taurasi in beast mode, got decimated by Thompson in her prime, and seen a lot of great basketball, but that game by Charles last night was a masterpiece. If I had a vote, Tina would get it.

PostPosted: 06/23/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Mixolydian wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up because I was thinking about this today. Is it coaching or is it effort? Tina was no where near this level of performance her last few years at New York. So where was she hiding this production the last few years? Should the New York fans feel cheated? Was she angry with management? Inquiring minds want to know.

It is totally about what goes into being a great coach. Mike T sets the mindset of each player and all the players together. Great clip they played during breaks of Adia Barnes talking about coaching - the actual basketball part of coaching, she said is 20% of it. Most of it is having the players mentally and physically ready to maximize themselves on the court.

Of course, if you don't have that 20% of pure basketball genius, you aren't going to have players ready. They'll know they aren't set up to succeed if the basketball knowledge isn't there. But even if you are a basketball genius, that doesn't mean you can have players ready to execute. That's the 80%.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that the Mystics are overachieving due to Charles returning to MVP form and players like Atkins and Plaisance playing so well - and Cloud and Hines-Allen before injuries. Kudos to Mike T for having Leilani return to form in the absence of Cloud. Yes, she was "out of sorts" while Cloud was rightfully the #1 PG. Early in the season, neither she nor Cloud was playing their game but then she came alive and earned her spot.

Back to Charles - yes, her game suffered under the coaching mess that was Katie Smith. And, yes, she was undervalued by Hopkins and Kolb, who failed to see how she could fit into their system (can you imagine this Liberty team WITH Tina Charles - scary). It appeared at the time that Coach T over-valued her when he traded away solid pieces to get her. But that's where the 80% comes in, along with his familarity with coaching her. He knew what she could do and knew he could get her playing at this level again. And if Hopkins and Kolb didn't believe in her, they likely would not have gotten this Tina.

~rAf
Randy

PostPosted: 06/23/21 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"rocket surgeon" Good one. I'll it myself.... Very Happy

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/23/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Charles has also benefitted greatly from EDD being out. She is 'it' in the post and there is not doubt who 'it' is. It will be interesting to see how she will be when EDD is back.

greg5222

PostPosted: 06/23/21 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD and Tina, pick your poison. If Emma comes back as Playoff Emma off the bench........ SCARY!!!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: