Lynx
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Wings
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Shades

PostPosted: 06/18/21 6:28 pm    ::: Lynx @ Wings - 6/19/21 Reply Reply with quote

Arlington, TX - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Bally Sports Southwest+, Bally Sports North+, TSN

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/lynx-at-wings-on-06192021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/202100619/MINDAL/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320641

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/19/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBrick is back for the Lynx.
1-7 in the first

Team 5-19

29-14 DAL end of first

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95

PostPosted: 06/19/21 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh, not surprised Lynx come out flat. They have to find something to string together consecutive performances and they just haven't found it yet.

PostPosted: 06/19/21 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So good to finally get to a game to see the Wings win. Very exciting to see them do it emphatically!!

The Eye test shows the Lynx are dirty players. Collier especially always has her forearm and elbow awfully high. Clarendon also likes to push off a lot. Seems odd that the only person in The league that gets called for pushing off when others use a lot more force and aim higher. Two games of watching the Lynx really shows how dirty they are. Give credit to Reeve for that. There has never been a call she hasn’t bitched about. Maybe she should focus on coaching instead of working the refs. At one point she was over the half court line and onto the court. She’s trash and she’s coaching her players to be that too. Clarendon, Mc Brick, Banham and worst of all Collier. Syl, the strongest and most able to administer a beat down is the cleanest player for the Lynx. Hope she’s tired of Cheryl and requests a move to Dallas.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/20/21 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
At one point she was over the half court line and onto the court. .

She's always doing that. That's her signature move

PostPosted: 06/20/21 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

B. Alarie. Just keep giving that kid mins - she's going to be a beautiful player. ESPN stats lines are off. I know Alarie had more than 2 ORebs.

VJ should seriously consider keeping Thornton in the starting line up. You want defense she got u....u want offense she still got u

If Arike had passed the ball to KT for the 3 instead of doing her usual - Banham would not have gotten that half court shot

No Satou in the 2nd half. She was skipping off the court with Awak so she seemed fine. But, who knows...wonder if she's alright

After the tech Mabrey said "WTF! That's bullsh*t! I didn't do anything". LOL!

Awak finally plays some mins again and scored her 1st WNBA field goal. Happy it happened on her home court.

Great bounce back win for the team after coming in with questions marks over the Athletic Trainer quitting, cancelled practice etc.

Rebounding was back on track but, turnovers could be lower. Also, this is the 2nd game of the seaason with 100% free throws made

Last edited by Milks26 on 06/20/21 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
blaase22

PostPosted: 06/20/21 3:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sigh ... Reeve continues to be a middling coach without Maya. Rolling Eyes

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/20/21 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bella Alarie was +20 without taking a shot ... that has to be a first.

PostPosted: 06/20/21 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Bella Alarie was +20 without taking a shot ... that has to be a first.

10th ever, record for +/- without taking a shot is +32: https://link.acrossthetimeline.com/stat-HLUET

PostPosted: 06/20/21 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
B. Alarie. Just keep giving that kid mins - she's going to be a beautiful player. ESPN stats lines are off. I know Alarie had more than 2 ORebs.

VJ should seriously consider keeping Thornton in the starting line up. You want defense she got u....u want offense she still got u

If Arike had passed the ball to KT for the 3 instead of doing her usual - Banham would not have gotten that half court shot

No Satou in the 2nd half. She was skipping off the court with Awak so she seemed fine. But, who knows...wonder if she's alright

Awak finally plays some mins again and scored her 1st WNBA field goal. Happy it happened on her home court.

Great bounce back win for the team after coming in with questions marks over the Athletic Trainer quitting, cancelled practice etc.

Rebounding was back on track but, turnovers could be lower. Also, this is the 2nd game of the seaason with 100% free throws made

I agree with a lot of this. Alarie has been impressive against Griner and Fowles. Excited for her future.

I must rescind what I said preseason about Thornton. When this team needs some muscle to combat these dirty teams, her role becomes vital.

The noise level when Awak checked in doubled. The whole stadium is excited for what she will bring to the court. So glad she could hear such tremendous support.

Regarding turnovers. If the refs stopped calling crap offensive fouls on the Wings: by my count 2 on Arike, one on Mabrey and that awful call on Alarie with the screen, that becomes 11 turnovers in the entire game. A very acceptable number considering the way Minnesota hacks, swipes and shoves.

Now, regarding Arike being a ball hog: Arike did lead the team with 6 assists yesterday, no one else had more than 2. The 2 point guards only had 2 together.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/20/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I agree with a lot of this. Alarie has been impressive against Griner and Fowles. Excited for her future.

I must rescind what I said preseason about Thornton. When this team needs some muscle to combat these dirty teams, her role becomes vital.

The noise level when Awak checked in doubled. The whole stadium is excited for what she will bring to the court. So glad she could hear such tremendous support.

Regarding turnovers. If the refs stopped calling crap offensive fouls on the Wings: by my count 2 on Arike, one on Mabrey and that awful call on Alarie with the screen, that becomes 11 turnovers in the entire game. A very acceptable number considering the way Minnesota hacks, swipes and shoves.

Now, regarding Arike being a ball hog: Arike did lead the team with 6 assists yesterday, no one else had more than 2. The 2 point guards only had 2 together.

LOL! I didn't call her a BH - I said she did her usual. Yes, her assists has gone up greatly this yr. She's played two games for the season where she recorded 8. But, she would've had 7 assists if she made the pass and prevented that half court shot

And what did you say about KT in the preseason??? That's my fav player.

And this point I just want set starters for the team. Let see what happens on Tues.

PostPosted: 06/21/21 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

LOL! I didn't call her a BH - I said she did her usual. Yes, her assists has gone up greatly this yr. She's played two games for the season where she recorded 8. But, she would've had 7 assists if she made the pass and prevented that half court shot

And this point I just want set starters for the team. Let see what happens on Tues.

I had said something about in The interest of making room on the roster that she might be expendable. I had posited that Gray had proven better than Thornton in every category. However, Gray struggling a bit since her return and the rise of the efficiency of Thornton has really discredited my statement. But, also, as someone mentioned then, Thornton can play pretty good minutes at the 4, which Gray cannot. Also, the Wings seem a bit weak/soft at times to me. Thornton obviously changes that dramatically.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/21/21 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I had said something about in The interest of making room on the roster that she might be expendable. I had posited that Gray had proven better than Thornton in every category. However, Gray struggling a bit since her return and the rise of the efficiency of Thornton has really discredited my statement. But, also, as someone mentioned then, Thornton can play pretty good minutes at the 4, which Gray cannot. Also, the Wings seem a bit weak/soft at times to me. Thornton obviously changes that dramatically.

Giving Thorton that ext was a good move. Gray will get her mojo back but, as soon as she does she has to leave for the Olympics. I think the Wings level of aggressiveness has to do with their youth - that will also get better with time.

What do you think about Sabally not playing in the 2nd half?

PostPosted: 06/22/21 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Giving Thorton that ext was a good move. Gray will get her mojo back but, as soon as she does she has to leave for the Olympics. I think the Wings level of aggressiveness has to do with their youth - that will also get better with time.

I thought maybe she injured her back. She was late coming out of the locker room we noticed. She appeared a bit stiff with her trunk movement. Just looked at the game day info and there are no injuries to report, but who knows what that means

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/22/21 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I thought maybe she injured her back. She was late coming out of the locker room we noticed. She appeared a bit stiff with her trunk movement. Just looked at the game day info and there are no injuries to report, but who knows what that means

It was just weird. And the announcers aren't any help. Thulin said that Alisha Gray got the start in the 2nd half but, only realized that Satou had not played until the 4th qtr. Let's see what happens tonight

PostPosted: 06/22/21 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: