Total Votes : 11

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Instead she chose violence Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sincerely , #Karen

PostPosted: 06/14/21 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Living for the Twitter drama between Jones and Diggins-Smith.

Michaela Onyenwere (in SDS's replies) and DiDi Richards (via quote tweet) have entered the battle as well. It's gloriously messy, but I love players defending their teammates.

SDS has a point, although not as much of one as she thinks; marketing by the front office itself has been split between Sabrina and Betnijah. Heck, the official #OwnTheCrown ad has none other than Jaz as the featured player. But there is a lot of hype and overhype surrounding Sabrina, much of it coming from major media outlets and a good chunk of it coming from league marketing. The merch availability doesn't help. Getting literally any other Liberty jersey is a custom job. (Source: hey, my Natasha Howard jersey arrived! Two months after the anniversary it was a gift for...)

That being said... if any player in this league would be a hypocrite to complain about another team's player being overhyped, Skylar Diggins-Smith would be pretty high on that list, especially since at least some of SDS's earliest publicity didn't come from her basketball skills.

From what I read, Skylar wasn’t complaining, Jaszmine was. Jaz was the one who replied to BR. Skylar didn’t send the video to BR.Skylar has a valid point as well. As big as NY is, all you hear about is Sabrina from the National media. Don’t take shots or hate on other players. Focus on you and your team. Hell, at least BR put up highlights of a WNBA player. That’s better than nothing!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/15/21 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not really the right way to go about it. Complain about another player making a great play and it finally gets noticed by some media. Just acknowledge the play first and then hype your teammate up or not react at all

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 06/15/21 6:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Much Ado about nothing.

This is not beef. It's not even a burger.

PostPosted: 06/15/21 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm #TeamSkylar. But I appreciated this tweet from Brianna Turner:

"How does wnba player Twitter interactions get more coverage than actual WNBA play. Make it make sense pls. It would be amazing If yall covered our games like yall do the latest tea"

But while we're on the topic of media coverage of the Liberty... would Ionescu's buzzer beater have gotten so much coverage if people could have foreseen it was against a team about to start the season 1-11? Shocked The game shouldn't have even been that close. Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/15/21 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
#Instead she chose violence Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sincerely , #Karen

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’m always here for mess, however I can’t believe this actually made it on the ESPN homepage Shocked Rolling Eyes

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/15/21 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

But while we're on the topic of media coverage of the Liberty... would Ionescu's buzzer beater have gotten so much coverage if people could have foreseen it was against a team about to start the season 1-11? Shocked The game shouldn't have even been that close. Laughing

1) A buzzer-beater is a buzzer-beater regardless of who it comes against.

2) NY opened the season without Howard, Stokes, and Allen. Indiana was only missing Cox.

3) The Liberty played no preseason games. They had one scrimmage against CT that only lasted 3 quarters, but Ionescu did not participate. So, that opening day game against Indiana was the first time she faced real competition since July, 2020.

PostPosted: 06/16/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I just like the drama. #messy

I love it! My favorite podcast likes to refer to sports as "reality TV for cishet males" (I know that doesn't describe most of the people here, but work with me), and I'm here for all of it! Because I hate reality TV, but I love mess. I mean, I'm not super-comfortable with the idea of women athletes being stereotyped with the "dramatic" tag, but I personally feel like there's not enough drama in sports: I want more (which is at least 40 percent of the reason why I like Cambage so much)!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: