RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

'I ain't gonna lie, bro. The new basketball is everything'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 06/11/21 11:21 am    ::: 'I ain't gonna lie, bro. The new basketball is everything' Reply Reply with quote

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/i-aint-gonna-lie-bro-the-new-basketball-is-everything-an-inside-look-at-the-wnbas-newest-ball/

Quote:
The WNBA and Wilson decided to maintain the classic eight-panel design and a composite leather material. That was important for two reasons. One, it allowed Wilson to focus all of its efforts on specific performance upgrades, such as grip and how the ball reacts to sweat. Two, it meant a much shorter acclimation time for the players, which is especially important in the WNBA, where the season is less than half as long as the NBA.

PostPosted: 06/11/21 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the new ball has a better grip, I wonder if that will translate to fewer turnovers? Better shooting percentages? Would be interesting to see players blindfolded and then try to identify which ball they were holding.....

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/11/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's so rare that basketball players like it when they change the ball. Usually they're just resistant to change in general, whatever those changes might be. So Wilson must've done a heck of a job on this one. Everyone seems to like it.

PostPosted: 06/11/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wilson men’s NCAA ball is a great ball too. If this is anything like that I’m not surprised at all.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: