16%  [ 2 ]
Storm
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Every single time Dallas played the Storm it was their dub. Finally got the mofo.

And, oh yeah, per the announcer: since when are the Storm world champs?

This should be Harrison & Jefferson's last yr in a Wings uniform. Guaranteed contract be damned

The coaching staff is easing Dungee into the swing of things - more as a defense piece. But, its time to get this girl cooking on offense.

I would've preferred it if Sabally had a bad game on Friday night than tonight. But, she's easing her way back.

Everyone hit their free throws. Turnovers were low and rebounding was high.

Until they bench MoJeff (hopefully that's coming), Mabrey coming off the bench is a good idea, she was only keeping Gray's spot warm while she was away. Everyone can't start - there's only 5 starters after all. Bench scoring is important since everyone on here (and the announcers) is complaining about Seattle's own.

I approve this message☝️

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Well we would've won this game tonight had Ogunbowale not made even one of those two amazing down-to-the-wire 3PT hoists – I call them hoists cuz imo they were well-defended. Hats off to her. The way it happened was improbable, but this kind of loss was certainly coming for the Storm.

Stormeo wrote:
I kinda wish we would start playing some of our three true SFs together. Otherwise, we don't need all three now if Jewell Loyd will be getting time at the 3 every game (to generally more positive results than negative ones, imo).

Following up on this, Quinn actually played Burke and Samuelson together for Burke's entire game appearance (lasted nearly 5 minutes). We were +5 in those minutes. Then she never played Burke again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Don't really know what that's about, seeing as Burke was about as productive as any of our other bench players tonight, in half the minutes...

Especially considering we got screwed on the winning 3pt shot on Friday...jus saying!!!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/07/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
That was not a criticism at all Storm. Just...how are they world champs? They play a game exclusive to America.

I think it’s cuz the announcers view the WNBA as the best wbb League “in the world,” and thus call the champs as such. The American mentality of “being the best in the world” at everything & all that. Razz

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
And in another thread there was talk of "world" champions. The only "world" championship is the Olympics ...

Except that there's also, y'know, the World Championships.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if a good WNBA team full of only Americans were to represent the US at the actual World Championships...

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/07/21 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Every single time Dallas played the Storm it was their dub. Finally got the mofo.

This should be Harrison & Jefferson's last yr in a Wings uniform. Guaranteed contract be damned

The coaching staff is easing Dungee into the swing of things - more as a defense piece. But, its time to get this girl cooking on offense.

I would've preferred it if Sabally had a bad game on Friday night than tonight. But, she's easing her way back.

Until they bench MoJeff (hopefully that's coming), Mabrey coming off the bench is a good idea, she was only keeping Gray's spot warm while she was away. Everyone can't start - there's only 5 starters after all. Bench scoring is important since everyone on here (and the announcers) is complaining about Seattle's own.

I approve this message☝️

I don’t know. Before the season, I was saying the same thing. I’ve been impressed with Izzie thus far. Of our bigs, she seems at this point to be by far the best.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/07/21 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I approve this message☝️

I don’t know. Before the season, I was saying the same thing. I’ve been impressed with Izzie thus far. Of our bigs, she seems at this point to be by far the best.

I'm looking at the overall consistency from her. It's just not there as much as it should. She has more games to prove her $

Stormeo wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
That was not a criticism at all Storm. Just...how are they world champs? They play a game exclusive to America.

I think it’s cuz the announcers view the WNBA as the best wbb League “in the world,” and thus call the champs as such. The American mentality of “being the best in the world” at everything & all that. Razz

I can't Stormeo.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: