72%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 25

undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
was the best play to set up really for MoJeff? Shocked

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And also, Jewell Loyd scoring 25 points on just 11 shot attempts in this game? We love to see it. Very Happy

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
was the best play to set up really for MoJeff? Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed

I have no clue how Sunday's game is gonna play out. I'm so glad we snatched up this win, cuz I can see the Wings running away with the next game if playing mad ends up being super productive for them.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really thought we were about to Coug it. That was nuts. I mean...damn, Jewell. WOW.

Stewart's defense forced Sabally to step in on that shot.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was nice to finally see Gray and Sabally back for Dallas, despite the loss.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/05/21 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Noelle Quinn is a coaching savant.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/05/21 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MLTI_38MK1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 06/05/21 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ridiculously high scoring game like the 1st.

Allisha looked rusty in the 1st half but, was her old self for the rest of the way

8 assists for Arike and 5 for Ty - love to see it

The refs robbed Sabally of her 3. That was game then...

Again why was Jefferson taking that shot in the end?

What was up with the free throw shooting?

Sunday is their last chance....

Last edited by Milks26 on 06/05/21 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Mixolydian

PostPosted: 06/05/21 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WHAT A GAME. That was one of the most thoroughly entertaining games I've watched. Amazing plays, total head scratcher plays, and everything inbetween. Back and forth all the way to the end.

I think I woke up the house on Loyd's game winner. What. a. shot. She has been SO good this year and just a joy to watch play.

I was rough on Dupree the first few games this season but it seems like she's fit herself into the Storm system and has been quite solid lately. Also Talbot is impressing me, she's got more grit than I realized. Happy to see her continue to get the start. (Especially if Samuelson is going to be as ice cold as she was tonight, but I'm pretty sure that was a fluke. Jet lag?)

Backup point guard remains an issue. The difference between when Bird is in the game and not is way too big. I mean, it's Sue Bird, there's going to be a dropoff, but lately it feels massive. I like Canada but this has not been her year (yet?). Her lack of shooting just means her defender is free to clog up the inside. And while I used to love her quick drives to the basket lately it feels like they've been reduced to wildly throwing it up and hoping for the best.

Dallas has become one of my favorite teams to watch. Really enjoy Ogunbowale and Mabry's games in particular. Wanted to see Kuier get some points tonight but she did look pretty green out there. Still early yet tho. They did have the biggest head-scratcher play of the night though: the solo take by Jefferson at the end.

But dang what a game, what a shot at the end. Good times for bball fans.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/05/21 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MLTI_38MK1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice drawn up play by Quinn. Stewie was wide open at that play and had a layup Laughing but we will take the dagger three Laughing

Havent seen the game yet. Why didnt Talbot play in the 4th quarter while she was our mIn scorer so far?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
canadaball

PostPosted: 06/05/21 7:26 am    ::: History Repeats Reply Reply with quote

Here is a Dallas team with Arike (all time great finisher); Maybry (multiple big shots), and Sabolly (just hit huge 3 in regulation) going with Jefferson attacking Bird. Now go back 11 years to the Phx-Seattle G2 semifinals, The Mercury featured DT (GOAT), Penny Taylor, and Bonner, yet decided to iso Tomeka Johnson on Bird for key possession in tie game,]
Check result at the 3:00 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86bEU0llOc

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/21 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

Allisha looked rusty in the 1st half but, was her old self for the rest of the way

Totally agree there was no definitive evidence to make that change on that call. Horrible officiating as usual in the W.

PostPosted: 06/05/21 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched the game.

1. Sabally's 3 should not have been overturned.
2. What the hell was VJ thinking, Mojeff of all people! No Gray?
3. Helluva shot by Loyd Shocked

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/21 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Havent seen the game yet. Why didnt Talbot play in the 4th quarter while she was our mIn scorer so far?

It was totally puzzling to me why Talbot was not on the floor for 30+ minutes. She was sizzling hot and, other than Loyd, way more productive than anybody else on the team.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 06/05/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

It was totally puzzling to me why Talbot was not on the floor for 30+ minutes. She was sizzling hot and, other than Loyd, way more productive than anybody else on the team.

Talbot hasn't played no more than 23 minutes a game so far this season. I guess the main question is why doesn't she get more minutes? Is it because she's foul prone for her mpg.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/05/21 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Talbot hasn't played no more than 23 minutes a game so far this season. I guess the main question is why doesn't she get more minutes? Is it because she's foul prone for her mpg.

Yeah she gets in early foul trouble so far but she hasnt had a game yet that she was on fire like in this game. Was she in foul trouble this game? I see that she had 4. That is no reason to not play her at all though. I really like what she brings to this team. Solid defender, some good passes in pick&roll, good 3pointshooter. I like her more as a starter then KLS. Let KLS come off the bench with the green light to shoot.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/05/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

I'm glad someone besides myself agrees that the refs absolutely robbed us of this win with the bullshit 3 point shot call reverse!!!

craigmont

PostPosted: 06/05/21 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I'm glad someone besides myself agrees that the refs absolutely robbed us of this win with the bullshit 3 point shot call reverse!!!

The Wings would have had a one point lead. A 2 or 3 point basket by Seattle would still have won the game.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 06/05/21 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/pb1K1Cf

The Wings would have had a one point lead. A 2 or 3 point basket by Seattle would still have won the game.

The shot was in regulation, though. The Storm didn't score again in the quarter, so Dallas would have won if they hadn't lost that point. To me it looks like her foot was on the line.

craigmont

PostPosted: 06/05/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, I was confused about when that shot happened.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/08/21 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

"What it's"..."maybe"...and "probably's" don't matter until they actual happen!

"What if's"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: