Fever
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Storm
100%
 100%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 18

Shades

PostPosted: 05/31/21 5:42 pm    ::: Fever @ Storm - 6/01/21 Reply Reply with quote

Everett, WA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: ESPN2, TSN3

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401320605#bucketId=1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/fever-at-storm-on-06012021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210601/INDSEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320605

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/31/21 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hughes set it up kinda nicely for Coach Quinn by handing her the reigns right before a game vs. the easiest team to get a win against. Get that win, Noelle Quinn!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/01/21 2:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Hughes set it up kinda nicely for Coach Quinn by handing her the reigns right before a game vs. the easiest team to get a win against. Get that win, Noelle Quinn!

Never underestimate any team. Didnt we lose last year against them and they got pissed off that Bird sat out with a knee injury

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/01/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still, better the Fever than, say, the team the Fever just played. Razz And I doubt that Quinn is gonna underestimate her first opponent – though that doesn’t mean the players will hit their shots, but let’s hope so!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/01/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever, the weakest team in the league. Nice first game for the rookie head coach.

PostPosted: 06/01/21 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Never underestimate any team.

Normally I'd agree but this Fever team... Laughing

PostPosted: 06/01/21 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LaChina certainly likes to talk and tonight it’s mostly just nothing important or just nonsense.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/01/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Reckless closeout"? How long has that rule been around? I have never seen it called before.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/01/21 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl Flores just called McCowan for a foul for being shoved by Russell

#COUNTIT

mercfan

PostPosted: 06/01/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's the deal with Cox? Is she just a bust? It seems too early to tell but even with injuries I'd like to think a player that highly regarded could contribute.

4 points on the year is a headscratcher to me.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/01/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never understood all the Cox hype. She always looked like someone that wouldn't translate to the pros.

PostPosted: 06/01/21 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Noelle Quinn on her first win as Storm Head Coach – first of many, we hope! Very Happy

As someone who has talked a lot about Kiana Williams’ relevance recently, it was interesting to see Williams get put in the last minute of the game alongside Loyd, Talbot, Magbegor, and Russell. Sort of a funky lineup in & of itself, but nonetheless, you would think Williams would be the default PG there, right? ...Well, on the one offensive possession we had with that lineup, it was actually Talbot who brought the ball up the floor and directed a play. Neutral

It's time to let go of Williams and sign either an actual 3rd PG or a 5th post since Herbert Harrigan won't be available the rest of the year. (Natasha Mack is available, and wasn't Seattle one of the three or so teams that reached out to her in the days leading up to the Draft? 🤔I wouldn't object to bringing back N'dea Jones or bringing in another veteran post, either. Although if Dallas wants to trade us Anigwe or Alarie for one of our 2RPs, since they'll have to trim their roster soon, that would be A-OK with me. Very Happy )

Another interesting thing that came up in the box score was that Quinn didn’t exactly show bias towards her fellow UCLA alums, minutes-wise. Canada (15) & Burke (5.5) really didn’t see the action they’ve been accustomed to seeing. Prince actually played more than Canada did, as Loyd was used quite a bit as the de facto SF in smaller lineups, keeping Burke on the bench. Canada continued to be pedestrian offensively, missing both of her FG attempts and finishing with just 2 pts and 2 ast.

ucbart

PostPosted: 06/02/21 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Congratulations to Noelle Quinn on her first win as Storm Head Coach – first of many, we hope! Very Happy

As someone who has talked a lot about Kiana Williams’ relevance recently, it was interesting to see Williams get put in the last minute of the game alongside Loyd, Talbot, Magbegor, and Russell. Sort of a funky lineup in & of itself, but nonetheless, you would think Williams would be the default PG there, right? ...Well, on the one offensive possession we had with that lineup, it was actually Talbot who brought the ball up the floor and directed a play. Neutral

It's time to let go of Williams and sign either an actual 3rd PG or a 5th post since Herbert Harrigan won't be available the rest of the year. (Natasha Mack is available, and wasn't Seattle one of the three or so teams that reached out to her in the days leading up to the Draft? 🤔I wouldn't object to bringing back N'dea Jones or bringing in another veteran post, either. Although if Dallas wants to trade us Anigwe or Alarie for one of our 2RPs, since they'll have to trim their roster soon, that would be A-OK with me. Very Happy )

Another interesting thing that came up in the box score was that Quinn didn’t exactly show bias towards her fellow UCLA alums, minutes-wise. Canada (15) & Burke (5.5) really didn’t see the action they’ve been accustomed to seeing. Prince actually played more than Canada did, as Loyd was used quite a bit as the de facto SF in smaller lineups, keeping Burke on the bench. Canada continued to be pedestrian offensively, missing both of her FG attempts and finishing with just 2 pts and 2 ast.

Does anyone else think Canada is just on the wrong team? Seattle plays beautiful offense with lots of movement and passing; that's just not Canada's game. She is more of an open court PG who uses speed and ball handling to push the ball in transition. She's a good player, but her team doesn't highlight her talents. I mean, this is her 4th year in the pros and she hasn't gotten one iota better shooting from the perimeter.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/02/21 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Does anyone else think Canada is just on the wrong team? Seattle plays beautiful offense with lots of movement and passing; that's just not Canada's game. She is more of an open court PG who uses speed and ball handling to push the ball in transition. She's a good player, but her team doesn't highlight her talents. I mean, this is her 4th year in the pros and she hasn't gotten one iota better shooting from the perimeter.

Storm are a fast transition team though. So her running with Loyd and Stewie should be working out pretty well. Problem is that she lost her confidence completely for her shot so they can just play off her to keep up with her speed.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/02/21 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
What's the deal with Cox? Is she just a bust? It seems too early to tell but even with injuries I'd like to think a player that highly regarded could contribute.

Catchings has had lottery picks for her two years as GM with absolutely nothing to show for them.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/02/21 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Indiana is the place of death for any draft pick.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/02/21 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
"Reckless closeout"? How long has that rule been around? I have never seen it called before.

Apparently the NBA has had a rule about "reckless closeouts" since 2018. I like it. I wonder if the NCAA has adopted this rule or something similar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: