RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

College "twin towers" in the WNBA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/27/21 1:07 pm    ::: College "twin towers" in the WNBA Reply Reply with quote

Who have they been? How have they done? Which is the best duo? Worst? Why?

These thoughts are mainly prompted by the mighty Baylor duo of Kalani Brown (two time AA, 7th draft pick) and Lauren Cox (three time AA, 3rd draft pick). In college, no one could stop their scoring and they blocked every opposing team's shots in the paint -- or something like that. Fans contorted themselves for two years about whether the more superer WNBA superstar would be Kalani Brown or Miss. St.'s Teaira McCowan. Yet Brown-Cox haven't exactly torn it up in the WNBA. Excuses, analyses, explanations, predictions?

What about Stanford's Jayne Appel and Kayla Pedersen?

Notre Dame's Jessica Shepard and Brianna Turner?

S. Carolina's A'ja Wilson and Alaina Coates? And Herbert-Harrigan? -- or is she too short to be a "tower''.

Also too short may be Baylor's Steffanie Blackmon and Sophia Young; and UConn's Swin Cash, Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams; and Stanford's Ogwumike sisters. Who knows how tall players really are and how tall a "tower" needs to be.

I can't recall all the college twin towers. Was anyone with Ruth Riley, Allison Bales, Tina Charles, Brittney Griner, EDD, Jonquel Jones, Sylvia Fowles, Kara Braxton, Katie Feenstra?

Oh, Tennessee's Candace Parker and Nicky Anosike. I can't recall whether Anosike did anything in the WNBA.

And, oh, UConn's Rebecca Lobo and Kara Wolters, but they sort of tanked, didn't they?

Off the top of my remaining cerebrum, I might give the WNBA title to the UConn duo of Breanna Stewart and Stefanie Dolson, which was actually a trio for a while with Kiah Stokes.

But, again, I'm interested in other takes as which college twin towers have been (or will be) the best and worst performers in the W -- or a courageous ranking.
mercfan

PostPosted: 05/27/21 1:49 pm    ::: Re: College "twin towers" in the WNBA Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Who have they been? How have they done? Which is the best duo? Worst? Why?

These thoughts are mainly prompted by the mighty Baylor duo of Kalani Brown (two time AA, 7th draft pick) and Lauren Cox (three time AA, 3rd draft pick). In college, no one could stop their scoring and they blocked every opposing team's shots in the paint -- or something like that. Fans contorted themselves for two years about whether the more superer WNBA superstar would be Kalani Brown or Miss. St.'s Teaira McCowan. Yet Brown-Cox haven't exactly torn it up in the WNBA. Excuses, analyses, explanations, predictions?

What about Stanford's Jayne Appel and Kayla Pedersen?

Notre Dame's Jessica Shepard and Brianna Turner?

S. Carolina's A'ja Wilson and Alaina Coates? And Herbert-Harrigan? -- or is she too short to be a "tower''.

Also too short may be Baylor's Steffanie Blackmon and Sophia Young; and UConn's Swin Cash, Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams; and Stanford's Ogwumike sisters. Who knows how tall players really are and how tall a "tower" needs to be.

I can't recall all the college twin towers. Was anyone with Ruth Riley, Allison Bales, Tina Charles, Brittney Griner, EDD, Jonquel Jones, Sylvia Fowles, Kara Braxton, Katie Feenstra?

Oh, Tennessee's Candace Parker and Nicky Anosike. I can't recall whether Anosike did anything in the WNBA.

And, oh, UConn's Rebecca Lobo and Kara Wolters, but they sort of tanked, didn't they?

Off the top of my remaining cerebrum, I might give the WNBA title to the UConn duo of Breanna Stewart and Stefanie Dolson, which was actually a trio for a while with Kiah Stokes.

But, again, I'm interested in other takes as which college twin towers have been (or will be) the best and worst performers in the W -- or a courageous ranking.

I loved the Paris sisters at OU. Obviously didn't translate in the W.

Griner played with Destiny Williams. Not great on a W scale but scary in college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: