WNBA odds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/11/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 11

Seattle 10 @Atlanta 170
@Phoenix 2 Dallas 165

Two replays of games from earlier this week. Atlanta fell apart in the fourth quarter Wednesday but I will stick with them and take the 10 tonight. Dallas looked like the better team on Tuesday. I'm not comfortable calling for a sweep so I will pass. The way I have been going lately I think maybe I should just take whatever RP takes, but what is the fun in that.

Last night 1-1
Season 26-24

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/12/21 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 12

Chicago 10 @Indiana 159.5
@Minnesota 9 Los Angeles 157.5

Chicago finally got Candace Parker back and they finally got another win. Not that the two were related. Parker went 1-9 with 3 points, 5 rebounds and 4 turnovers. But Indiana is just that bad. The Fever just completed a 5 game road trip where they lost every game by an average of 25 points. The closest game was 15 points. Now they are back home. Does it make a difference? I'll say "no." I will take Chicago and the over.

Minnesota and LA both lost their last game to Washington, the Lynx by 4, the Sparks by 18. LA looked very bad without the Ogwumikes. I will take the Lynx.

Clearly I am in a slump. Last night was another loser, 2-5 for the week. This is a time to cut back on amounts, which fortunately I had already done. But I have to hope things turn around

Last night 0-1
Season 26-25

RP

PostPosted: 06/12/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Today is the day you break out of your slump. Keeping with the teasers, Chicago -6 and Minnesota -2.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/12/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Chicago and Indiana score 105 points in the first half and I still have tp sweat out the over as the teams combine for only 57 in the second half. And I watch as your teaser goes down because Indiana, down 4 with 10 seconds to go, doesn't foul.

RP

PostPosted: 06/12/21 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
So Chicago and Indiana score 105 points in the first half and I still have tp sweat out the over as the teams combine for only 57 in the second half. And I watch as your teaser goes down because Indiana, down 4 with 10 seconds to go, doesn't foul.

The Fever are so bad they can't even do that correctly.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/13/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 13

Seattle 5 @Connecticut 159.5
Washington 3.5 @Atlanta 166
@Phoenix 4.5 New York 163
@Las Vegas 8 Dallas 170

Connecticut and Seattle have been the two best teams in the WNBA this year. As luck would have it they only play twice this year. In their first game Seattle pulled out a 3 point win at home, 90-87. Now they play for the last time (until the playoffs) and the Storm are a 5 point favorite on the road. The difference is no Jonquel Jones. I'm not sure what her absence will mean. I like the over but until I see how the Sun play without her I will pass.

Atlanta started out with two losses, then won four and now have lost four more, their last 3 by double digits. The Mystics have covered five straight, including the last four over the total. I like Atlanta to break their losing streak and I also like the over. Neither is a strong play, particularly because I have been consistently wrong about the Mystics.

Phoenix lost their last 2 games at home to Dallas. The team has looked sluggish and despite having Griner they have been outrebounded their last three games. The Mercury have won only 1 game by more than 5 points all season. New York has lost their last three after starting the season 5-1. But the Liberty haven't plated in 8 days. I expect the Liberty to regroup here and at least keep the game close. New York +5.

Dallas has won its last 3 and seems to have come together as a team with Sabally and Gray. But this is their 5 game in a row on the road and they can be forgiven if they let down a bit. Las Vegas has been off for 8 days and should be fresh. I like the Aces to grind down the Wings as Cambage and Wilson prove to be too much. Take LV.

Yesterday was nerve-wracking. Chicago scored 56 points in the first half but only 27 in the second. In doing so they didn't cover and barely secured the over. Then Minnesota seemed to be doing the same thing. They led 49-35 at the half but were outscored 22-8 in the third. Fortunately the Lynx righted the ship and went on to a 23-7 fourth quarter win to cover.

Yesterday 2-1
Season 28-26

UPDATE: With Sabrina Ionescu out today I will pass on the Phoenix-NY game. The line is up to 6.5. Also the Connecticut total has dropped to 156.5. DeWanna Bonner is listed as questionable. If she does not play Seattle looks good, but no play.

Last edited by calbearman76 on 06/13/21 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
RP

PostPosted: 06/13/21 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At risk of giving away this week's profits, I like Seattle and Washington too much to not make these plays.

Seattle -5.5
Washington -3.5
Seattle-Washington ML parlay

RP

PostPosted: 06/13/21 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There I was with my finger on the trigger ready to hedge the parlay while the Mystics were up double digits and inexplicably did not do it. Short of a live bet opportunity on the Aces or Mercury, that is probably it for me this week.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/13/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
There I was with my finger on the trigger ready to hedge the parlay while the Mystics were up double digits and inexplicably did not do it. Short of a live bet opportunity on the Aces or Mercury, that is probably it for me this week.

I have never been a fan of hedging, per se. I will make in game wagers when I see something I like, but other than getting overexposed by doubling up on a wager I don't really think about it in terms of what I have previously bet on a game. Having said that I rarely make parlays (except side and total where I see a correlation) so I don't often have hedging possibilities.

I do know people who will bet games specifically for the purpose of middling at halftime (or in play) but if I have a strong feeling on a first half I prefer to just make that bet directly.

RP

PostPosted: 06/14/21 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only look for hedges on parlays where we will know the outcome of one bet before the other. In this case it would have changed the odds to risk $0 to win $500 rather than risk $500 to win $700, but I got greedy and waited too long, and the Mystics lead turned very quickly into a two-point deficit at the half, and a hedge no longer made sense.

RP

PostPosted: 06/15/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota -3.5. Let's start this week the right way.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/15/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 15

Seattle 15 @Indiana 166
@Minnesota 3.5 Chicago 158.5
@Las Vegas 13.5 New York 172

Seattle is better than Indiana. Are they 15 points better on the road? Does Noelle Quinn care? I don't know. Pass. I may look at the under because I suspect this will be a low scoring fourth quarter but I suspect I will wait for the second half to make a play.

Minnesota won't have Achonwa or Powers for awhile but I don't think this hurts them in the short run. Chicago has had Candace Parker back for a few games now but the team still looks to be missing something. I like Minnesota which puts me on the same side as RP. Hope that isn't a jinx. As for the total i have no clue. Chicago played a 105 point 1st half followed by a 57 point 2nd half in their last game. Minnesota was similar but not to the same degree (84 vs. 60). Pass

Las Vegas is better than New York. The Aces just beat the Liberty 94-82 in New York. This game looks very similar which leaves me without a play on this game.

Sunday once again was a loser. Washington started well but finished poorly, even if the game flew over the total. Las Vegas had a chance to cover. The Aces took a 10 point lead with just over a minute to go but Satou Sabally hit a 3 pointer in the final minute. The Aces then committed a turnover and after a missed shot with more than 15 seconds to go the Wings chose not to foul, so the Aces won by only 7 as an 8 point favorite.

Sunday 1-2
Season 29-28

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/16/21 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 16

Phoenix 5 @Los Angeles 153.5

Phoenix has lost its last 3 games; LA has lost its last 2. These two teams have the worst defensive rebounding percentage (64.6 for LA, 66 for Phoenix). LA is one of two teams with a FG% below 40%, Phoenix is one of two teams with a 3 pt. FG% below 30%. LA is already without the Ogwumikes but today they are also without Te'a Cooper, lost to suspension for coming off the bench. Cooper has been one of the top 2 scorers for LA in each game since Nneka got injured. So you have a struggling offense without another one of their leading scorers out. As for Phoenix Brittney Griner has averaged 23 points per game over her last 7 games since Taurasi was injured. The Mercury are 4-1 on the road this season and only 1-5 at home. I like Phoenix laying the points. As for the total I wasn't expecting to play this, but the oddsmakers put up the lowest total of the season. There are many reasons to like the under but I think the line is too low. I'll go over 153.5.

Last night after closing within 2 in the second quarter the Lynx committed 4 turnovers on consecutive possessions. Overall the Lynx committed 20 turnovers and fell behind by as much as 27 points in the 4th before getting some face-saving points to lose by only 16.

Last night 0-1
Season 29-29

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/17/21 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 17

Seattle 16 @Indiana 164
Atlanta 1 @Washington 164.5
@Chicago 4.5 Connecticut 155.5
@Dallas 4 Minnesota 167
@Las Vegas 15.5 New York 172.5

Five games today, including two replays from Tuesday. Seattle can once again name their score. Tuesday they chose a 17 point win to get the cover. I'll pass.

Atlanta is a 1 point favorite today because Tina Charles will be at the Tribeca Film Festival presenting her short film, Game Changer. This may be good for morale on the Mystics long-term, but I think it will cost them a win tonight. I'll take Atlanta.

Two weeks ago Connecticut would have been about an 8 point favorite in this matchup. But with Jonquel Jones overseas and Chicago having just played their best game of the season on Tuesday the Sky are favored. Add in Curt Miller being away from the team and I will play Chicago. The total opened as high as 159.5 but has dropped 4 points. I'm tempted to play the over if it drops further but for now I will pass.

Dallas has quietly become one of the better teams in the league. They are 4-2 in their last 6 and 6-0 ATS. I will take the Wings to extend their streak.

The final game is Las Vegas - New York. The Liberty actually led by 11 in the 2nd quarter but they still lost by 22. I will pass for now but I may find way to the over.

Last night the Mercury once again disappointed. The game was high scoring from the start. Phoenix came within 2 with 4 minutes to go but were unable to make a FG in the last 4 minutes.

Last night 1-1
Season 30-30

RP

PostPosted: 06/17/21 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like we're on the same side again. I took Chicago -4.5 and Atlanta ML.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/18/21 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 18

Phoenix 4 @Los Angeles 155

This is a replay of Wednesday's game where the Sparks beat the Mercury 85-80. Te'a Cooper is back from her suspension. Last time I had the Mercury and I will stay with them. Even though I continue to be disappointed with Phoenix I did like the adjustments they made for the second half. They gave up 9 offensive rebounds in the first half but only 5 in the second. I still lean to the over but in the second half Phoenix won 37-32. Indeed there should be a correlation between Phoenix and the under.

My slump continues. Atlanta led most of the game but a 13-0 Mystics run in the 4th quarter and 25 points from Theresa Plaisance in for Tina Charles sent me to defeat. I can't say the same for Dallas. The Notre Dame connection of Mabrey and Ogumbowale were shut out in the first half (Marina didn't score in the second half but Areke wound up with 20) . Dallas battled back to take the lead briefly in the 3rd quarter but in a 5 minute span across the 3rd and 4th quarter were outscored 15-1). Fortunately Chicago held on to cover. That puts me at 7-14 over the past two weeks and moves me under .500 for the season.

Last night 1-2
Season 31-32

RP

PostPosted: 06/19/21 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota +145
Chicago -2/Indiana +14 teaser

I grabbed Chicago +107 at the half the other day against Connecticut. Hoping for another live bet opportunity.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/19/21 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 19

@Chicago 7 Connecticut 157
@Washington 9 Indiana 164
@Dallas 3.5 Minnesota 165

Just got up. No play on Chicago - Connecticut. The rest of the rundown will be posted in roughly 30 minutes.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/19/21 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 19

@Chicago 7 Connecticut 157
@Washington 9 Indiana 164
@Dallas 3.5 Minnesota 165

Indiana has won 1 game this season. That was against the Mystics on May 23. Since then the Fever has lost 9 in a row, all but one by double digits. I like Washington.

Minnesota beat Dallas 85-73 on Thursday. Mabrey was 0-8 and didn't score. I look for Mabrey and the Wings to bounce back.

Last night the Mercury bounced back to beat LA convincingly. The Sparks never got closer than 4 in the last 2 1/2 quarters

Last Night 1-0
Season 32-32

RP

PostPosted: 06/20/21 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great call on Dallas and Mabrey (28 points in 18(!) minutes).

I'll pass on LA-NY, so that is it for me this week. Live bets kept me up.

YTD:
Week 1 $1.8k
Week 2 -$0.8k
Week 3 $4k
Week 4 $1.2k
Week 5 $0.2k
Week 6 $1k

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/20/21 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 20

@Los Angeles 2.5 New York 160.5

This is a very difficult game because there are so many cross-currents. Both teams are very weak in the post due to injuries. LA has 3 of its last 4. They are the lowest scoring team in the WNBA (tied with Indiana at 74.5 per game) but they are 3-0 in games decided by 5 or less. New York has lost 5 of its last 6, but 4 of those losses have been to the top 3 teams in the WNBA. And the Liberty are the second worst team in scoring defense (87.4, only better than Indiana.) Onyenwere and Ionescu are both playing their first Pro game in their home state. I have a lean to the Liberty (on the Money Line) but I will not make it a play. As for the total, LA has played only 1 game over 161 in their last 9. New York is 9-2-1 over 161 this season. I will hope (not the best reason to bet) that these teams will want to put on a show for this 25th anniversary game (that game wound up 67-57 New York) and so I will take the over. Hopefully the Sparks will shoot better than they did 25 years ago when they shot just 31%

Glad to see RP doing so well this year. I started out well but have given back almost all my profits the past two weeks. (Not all of them because I have cut back my bet size) Yesterday Dallas won easily but Washington fell short, largely because they shot 21% from 3. They were actually 3-24 at one point before hitting 4 of their last 10.

Yesterday 1-1
Season 33-33
(as good as a chicken pecking out his choices)

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/22/21 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 23

Dallas 1 @Connecticut 156
Chicago 6 @New York 170
@Seattle 14 Washington 165.5

Dallas is one of the better teams in the league, notwithstanding their 6-7 record. Connecticut is 0-3 without Jonquel Jones. I will take the Wings against the shorthanded Sun. The total is also low for a Wings game. The lowest line for them this year before today is 164.5. The Sun are the second lowest total team, but have averaged 5 points more per game without Jones. I like the over. (Just don't let Mabrey be shut out again.)

Chicago has won 5 in a row. The Liberty come off a 5 game west coast swing where they went 2-3, losing only to Las Vegas(twice) and Seattle, the two best teams in the WNBA. The Liberty beat the Sky (without Parker) 93-85 earlier this season. I lean to the Liberty and the under but I will not make them plays.

Seattle is the best team in the WNBA. Washington is injured with both Hines-Allen and Cloud out for the game. Seattle has been a double digit favorite 3 times this season and has won those games by 15, 17 and 10. I lean to Seattle and the over, but if I play the game it will only be the first half. I expect to see a lot of the Storm reserves in the fourth quarter. Pass.

New York beat LA by 3 and you know you are going bad when you have to root for OT on the final possession.

Sunday 0-1
Season 32-33

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/23/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 23

Minnesota 4 @Atlanta 168

Minnesota is a road favorite. This year they are 0-2 in this spot having lost to Washington and New York. Atlanta is without Tiffany Hayes but may be getting Chennedy Carter back. Minnesota was a 5 point favorite at home and now they have to lay 4 on the road. Even though Hayes is a valuable weapon for the Dream I don't think it justifies this much of a line shift. I will take Atlanta. I'm tempted on the under as well but I will just take the side.

Last night Marina Mabrey scored 2 points for Dallas, causing the Wings to not cover and the game to go under. As the song goes, When You're Hot You're Hot, and when You're Not You're Not. And I'm Not.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/24/21 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 24

Dallas 9.5 @Indiana 162.5
Chicago 7 @New York 171.5
Washington 4 @Los Angeles 159

Today's card highlights the disparity in the WNBA. Three teams are road favorites and none of them are more than a game over .500. Indiana is flat out awful, one of the worst teams in recent history. New York got off to a hot start over weak competition, but they have lost 5 of their past 7 by double digits. Los Angeles has lost 4 of 5, including a loss to the Liberty in their last outing.

Marina Mabrey was averaging 17 PPG a week ago, but in her last 3 games has scored 0, 28 and 2. I will stick with Dallas, in part because 4 of their 6 wins have been by double digits. Coming off a loss to Connecticut they should be motivated. The Fever are on a 10 game losing streak which includes 8 by double digits. As for the total I lean to the over but after the Wings lost 105-102 to Seattle a few weeks ago they have been 6-1-1 under since.

The Sky have found their form after a brutal start and have won their last 6 with Parker, Dolson and Quigley back in the lineup. The Liberty will be better when Natasha Howard gets back but for now they are only better than Indiana. the Sky won by 20 on Tuesday and while this game should be closer I will still take the Sky. The total seems high, particularly since Tuesday's game landed 164 and the total was moved up a point. The 3 point shooting was poor in the game (13-52) but overall FG% and FT% was better than usual. I will take the under.

Washington is coming off a big win over Seattle and I would normally look at the other side today. Unfortunately the Sparks haven't just lost 4 of 5, they have looked bad in those losses. If she isn't too tired Tina Charles could have another huge game against the weak interior of the Sparks. LA has only scored mored than 76 points 3 times this season. If I do anything I will take the under, but for now I will pass.

Last night Atlanta took the lead with 4:28 left in the 1st quarter and held it until their were 3 minutes left in the 4th. But it took Atlanta's inability to foul in the final 5 seconds after Layshia Clarendon pulled down an offensive rebound for Atlanta to cover the +4.

Last night 1-0
Tuesday 0-2
Season 33-35

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/24/21 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 24

Dallas 9.5 @Indiana 162.5
Chicago 7 @New York 171.5
Washington 4 @Los Angeles 159

Today's card highlights the disparity in the WNBA. Three teams are road favorites and none of them are more than a game over .500. Indiana is flat out awful, one of the worst teams in recent history. New York got off to a hot start over weak competition, but they have lost 5 of their past 7 by double digits. Los Angeles has lost 4 of 5, including a loss to the Liberty in their last outing.

Marina Mabrey was averaging 17 PPG a week ago, but in her last 3 games has scored 0, 28 and 2. I will stick with Dallas, in part because 4 of their 6 wins have been by double digits. Coming off a loss to Connecticut they should be motivated. The Fever are on a 10 game losing streak which includes 8 by double digits. As for the total I lean to the over but after the Wings lost 105-102 to Seattle a few weeks ago they have been 6-1-1 under since.

The Sky have found their form after a brutal start and have won their last 6 with Parker, Dolson and Quigley back in the lineup. The Liberty will be better when Natasha Howard gets back but for now they are only better than Indiana. the Sky won by 20 on Tuesday and while this game should be closer I will still take the Sky. The total seems high, particularly since Tuesday's game landed 164 and the total was moved up a point. The 3 point shooting was poor in the game (13-52) but overall FG% and FT% was better than usual. I will take the under.

Washington is coming off a big win over Seattle and I would normally look at the other side today. Unfortunately the Sparks haven't just lost 4 of 5, they have looked bad in those losses. If she isn't too tired Tina Charles could have another huge game against the weak interior of the Sparks. LA has only scored mored than 76 points 3 times this season. If I do anything I will take the under, but for now I will pass.

Last night Atlanta took the lead with 4:28 left in the 1st quarter and held it until their were 3 minutes left in the 4th. But it took Atlanta's inability to foul in the final 5 seconds after Layshia Clarendon pulled down an offensive rebound for Atlanta to cover the +4.

Last night 1-0
Tuesday 0-2
Season 33-35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: