61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Storm
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 21

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Bird is gonna be a sideline coach for at least a few games.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping that was just knee to thigh.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn hopefully Birdy is all right Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, glad to see Young get benched: I hope that she was benched for looking Cambage off, in that halfcourt possession, and I hope that Laimbeer told her so. Freezing out your most unstoppable offensive weapon, in the low post, to take a contested jumper, is inexcusable.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird is checking back into the game.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love that Lobo sounds annoyed with Vegas not going to Wilson or Cambage enough.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I guess not. She looks okay. She’s turned into SuperBird, impervious to injury.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
singinerd54

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll acknowledge Dupree got better/less exposed/matched up less on Cambage or Wilson (mercifully) as the game went on, and she played twice as many minutes as Magbegor. I do not understand why. Any ideas, realistic or not?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/21 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Also, glad to see Young get benched: I hope that she was benched for looking Cambage off, in that halfcourt possession, and I hope that Laimbeer told her so. Freezing out your most unstoppable offensive weapon, in the low post, to take a contested jumper, is inexcusable.

no way Young should be taking more shots than Liz Shocked

singinerd54

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I agree she took some ill-advised shots, but she did play 12 more minutes than Liz. In the first half, I thought Young's aggressiveness was appropriate/needed from the Vegas guards.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
I'll acknowledge Dupree got better/less exposed/matched up less on Cambage or Wilson (mercifully) as the game went on, and she played twice as many minutes as Magbegor. I do not understand why. Any ideas, realistic or not?

Ezi was in foul trouble. Glad that Birdy returned and hit her Die Bitches dagger 3 Cool

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I love that Lobo sounds annoyed with Vegas not going to Wilson or Cambage enough.

She should be! Everybody should be.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Hoping that was just knee to thigh.

Fortunately Liz is too much taller for it to be knee to knee. Guessing Sue will have a good bruise though.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BayBay's activity was great but her shooting was abysmal.

All and all, Vegas needs to do some more work on melding and understanding where teammates will be when. They just look pretty discombobulated. And maybe there is a bit of thinking that "we're better than everybody else, so we can just showcase individual skills and get the win"

Losing Angel definitely helped level the playing field.
Back to the drawing board, Bill.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I agree she took some ill-advised shots, but she did play 12 more minutes than Liz. In the first half, I thought Young's aggressiveness was appropriate/needed from the Vegas guards.

Shooting is not Young's forte. No matter what is happening, she should never be the one taking contested shots. There is ALWAYS better options on the court. Layups ok, wide open short jumpers ok, anything else, use your passing skills.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more thing about Vegas. I thought there was a lot of standing around and very little movement off the ball. Why that is, not sure, but movement - whether of ball or bodies - makes for beautiful basketball and more open looks. Standing in one place pretty much gives your opponents a rest period. Maybe it's part of conditioning, but was noticeable.

And Canada gave very nice minutes. But if she's going to get to the line, she needs to work on her FT shooting.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/15/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill will have to make some adjustments to his offense to incorporate Gray. I dont see why they hardly play any pick&rolls with her and Wilson/Cambage. Get them some easy looks instead of all those iso's

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 05/15/21 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure is nice to have the W back. It has become a huge comfort food in the midst of trying times, last summer especially and it's feeling that way already this year.

Seattle's big three looked good. Definitely some gas left in that engine. I was happy Bird got back in and that didn't seem to be a long-term injury.

Dupree was driving me insane, it felt like she shot every time she touched the ball. So many looong twos that she missed. When she was out the Seattle offense moved the ball a lot more and felt like got better looks.

Magbegor looked great. We definitely missed Russell on D though.

Cambage is still Cambage. Her constant jawing and whining gets so old. And because I'm really not a fan I get tired of the endless Cambage commentary. There were multiple times when there was a great play happening but the commentators ignored it to talk more about how Cambage wasn't in the game. I guess it's how Bird haters probably feel when they talk about her age and diet regimen for the bazillionth time.

LV only seemed to start feeding Wilson and Cambage toward the end once the game was decided. SEA did a much better job getting the ball in Stewie's hands on the majority of possessions and I think it made a huge difference.

I get that Bryant was a huge influence on Loyd and all that, but boy do I wish just once in awhile they'd interview her without bringing him up. Loyd more than deserves to have the spotlight entirely on her at least some of the time!

The SEA rebel jerseys are cool, though on broadcast they seemed awfully dark.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/15/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:

Dupree was driving me insane, it felt like she shot every time she touched the ball. So many looong twos that she missed. When she was out the Seattle offense moved the ball a lot more and felt like got better looks.

Magbegor looked great. We definitely missed Russell on D though.

Yes yes and yes.

Katie Lou had the opposite effect as Dupree for me...I actually think she chickened out of taking a few REALLY good looks that ended up in awkward passes that leat to awkard shots. Despite that, I thought she played really well.

And I will eat crow with Talbot. I said I thought she looked slow but now I realize it is for the same reason that some people think Sabrina looks slow...they both take HUGE strides.

PostPosted: 05/15/21 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Cambage is a bit of a poison pill. I am over her leaving my Wings, (Oddly, I am not over EDD leaving the Sky, who are now only my second team) so I don’t want it to sound like bitterness. She’s gifted with size, strength and basketball touch. But she came to Dallas and they were only marginally better with her in still an unsightly losing re ord and barely making the playoffs. She goes to Vegas and they do better in the Wubble then when they had her the prior year. Now part of that is the loss of McCoughtry. I wonder what, is there to support this notion. Partly, refs seem determined to neutralize height and strength by letting them be woman-handle. La k of time with a core maybe. Clogging the lane too much? Demanding too many possessions.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/16/21 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LV was dreadful to watch. Half court offense looked like me playing a 5v5 pick-up game the other day where no one knew WTH their teammates were going to do at any moment.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/16/21 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wish we knew why Kennedy Burke didn't play. Still did surprisingly fine with Talbot and Samuelson at SF, as they were both efficient, low-volume, and lengthy at the 3. It'll be interesting to see how they all get minutes in June when they're presumably all active & healthy.

Wonder if we'll outrebound the Aces again on Tuesday. It was sure a pleasant surprise for this game (44-33). Stewart (13) singlehandedly outrebounded both Wilson and Cambage combined (10). Laimbeer probably knew that before anyone else did.

Speaking of whom: why did he & the Aces try so hard to court Chelsea Gray when as the broadcast said, she's more of a P&R PG whereas the Aces don't really run that a whole lot? It'll be interesting to see how soon it'll take her to get acclimated to the Aces' playing style, and what it'll look like when/if she does.

myrtle wrote:
BayBay's activity was great but her shooting was abysmal.

I agree, and sure enough she was +6 in the +/- whereas no one else on the Aces was even in the +. I don't know why Laimbeer doesn't bring her in off the bench when it's a role she is sort of used to at this point in her W career, and is so insistent on having Plum assume that role instead. I think they'd each be more effective in each other's roles, but oh well. No matter how the Aces do in her next two years, I kinda hope Plum eventually leaves the Aces. Seems to be another possible fit issue (rather than an issue of talent). Rolling Eyes

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

I guess not. She looks okay. She’s turned into SuperBird, impervious to injury.

Maybe to long-term injury, but definitely not to short-term. At this rate, I'm hoping she makes it to the Olympic break with half a leg. Confused

scullyfu

PostPosted: 05/16/21 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Dang. Sue back to the locker room with knee injury.

That was def scary, especially bc we could hear her screaming. So relieved to see her come back. Whew.

PostPosted: 05/16/21 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel's injury has really hurt what was already a thin LV perimeter. Lambeer can't bring Riq off bench (as u note, her preferred role) b/c his then starting 3 of Plum, Gray, and Young is too problematic on defense. With that crew, who attempts to guard Loyd? We saw in 2nd half how disastrous a Plum/Loyd matchuo can be, but if Bill uses Young there, playing Gray/Plum on Bird/KL is chancy. Remember also that LV loses Plum very shortly for a couple weeks (3x3), The lack of any minutes for Destiny tells me Trader Bill is scouring the league for another guard; problem is he can only afford a rock bottom wage player (another negative effect of Angel inuury leaving dead $ on cap).

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/16/21 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LV has a lot of talent but they're a hot mess. Gray doesn't fit into their offensive scheme, and her presence has pushed Plum to SG where she doesn't play as well as at PG. Williams and Young are both loose cannons and need to be sorted out asap. Park has yet to demonstrate she can play in this league. And speaking of cannons, neither Emma nor Slocum even played yesterday...did the announcers say why? It's going to be a long season with this roster of 10 + Angel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: