RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seimone Augustus Retires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 05/13/21 5:12 pm    ::: Seimone Augustus Retires Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1392958934076452865?s=21

Quote:
Seimone Augustus is retiring and will be named a Sparks assistant coach, per @RachGall

-4x WNBA Champion
-Finals MVP
-8x WNBA All-Star
-ROY
-3 Olympic gold medals

What a career.

One of my all time favorite players, so happy for her and the way her career played out. Congrats to #33, Money Mone! I’ll never forget your part of the Lynx Dynasty. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 05/13/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, grats to Mone. She gave a lot to the game already. Hope she can make a coaching career if that's what she wants to do.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/13/21 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As you might expect, similarity scores show no players who are very similar to Augustus. Her top 10 comps are probably not who you thought they would be...

854 Vickie Johnson
846 Deanna Nolan
838 Sheryl Swoopes
824 Monique Currie
822 Penny Taylor
812 Nykesha Sales
810 Jia Perkins
808 Alana Beard
801 Andrea Stinson
799 Sheri Sam

PostPosted: 05/13/21 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...no, that list actually makes sense, although more in the sense of "if you put these 10 players' skill sets and backgrounds in a blender, someone very similar to Seimone Augustus would emerge" than in her being similar to specific players.

PostPosted: 05/13/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
...no, that list actually makes sense, although more in the sense of "if you put these 10 players' skill sets and backgrounds in a blender, someone very similar to Seimone Augustus would emerge" than in her being similar to specific players.

Yeah, that checks out... with Nolan and Swoopes topping the list for me. Three of the most dominant mid-range jumpers ever...she didn't have Swoopes' defense or Nolan's insane athleticism, but Seimone had this unparralelled smootheness to her game that really defined her. I don't think "butter" describes any player better.

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sleepy-eyed Wonder is hanging up her kicks? At least she will be sharing her wisdom on the sidelines. All the best to 'Mone as she employs the Vulcan Mind Touch to copy her highly refined court sense to all the young, wanna-be Sparks playmakers.

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of my absolute favorites. For a player who was on three Olympic teams, she was always pretty appallingly under-rated.

This leaves Candice Dupree as the last player standing from the 2006 draft.

Last edited by PUmatty on 05/14/21 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Yeah, that checks out... with Nolan and Swoopes topping the list for me. Three of the most dominant mid-range jumpers ever...she didn't have Swoopes' defense or Nolan's insane athleticism, but Seimone had this unparralelled smootheness to her game that really defined her. I don't think "butter" describes any player better.

Agree, Seimone was equal parts smooth and swaggy at the same time. She was never rushed, her mid range jumper was like a work of art, and she just had "it."

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/14/21 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 05/14/21 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

But from the list that Pilight showed, mentioning Sheri Sam brought to mind of her great dreadlocks! And Seimone's d-locks is also fine! Cool

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: