RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Commissioner's Cup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/21 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.sportsnet.ca/wnba/article/wnba-commissioners-cup-right-intentions-failing-resonate/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:
“To be honest with you, I don’t think we go into the game thinking about that,” said Dallas Wings forward Kayla Thornton. “I think in the aftermath, once we sit down and talk about stuff, it’s like, ‘Oh, dang, that was a Commissioner’s Cup game.

“It’s definitely an afterthought,” said Lynx forward Napheesa Collier. “It would be great to go to the Commissioner’s Cup, there’s a lot of money involved [and] obviously we want that, but it doesn’t really have an impact on our season for real

Randy

PostPosted: 06/23/21 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Suddenly the CC is looking pretty interesting adter checking the standings.

Sky look really promising for the Commissioner's Cup. Sky are lucky their long losing streak was mostly in non- CC games. They are 6-2 compared to the Sun who are 4-1. The Sky beat the Sun once so if they can win the remaining game with the Sun and beat the Mystics they will be the east team (no matter what the Sun do in the other games). The Sky have no one playing in the Olympics as while the Storm and Aces will have 3 players each. Coming back after the Olympics is always kind of sketchy so who knows - the Sky could win having nothing to do for five weeks but prepare for one game against a known opponent......Same would be true for the Sun of course but they look less likely to be able to be the Storm or Aces.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 06/23/21 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Sunday's Aces vs. Storm game is pretty pivotal in who wins the West. And it is also going to determine the tie-breaker for the regular season if the teams end up tied. Pretty big stakes this early in the season.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wish they would update the Commissioner cups standings on .com...they're getting lazy again Confused

PostPosted: 06/24/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Wish they would update the Commissioner cups standings on .com...they're getting lazy again Confused

You mean the ones here - https://www.wnba.com/wnba-commissioners-cup-leaderboard/ ? I believe those are accurate.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

You mean the ones here - https://www.wnba.com/wnba-commissioners-cup-leaderboard/ ? I believe those are accurate.

Seattle can’t be 5-0 in those standings if we beat them at the buzzer (Dallas) unless I’m not understanding the way it’s matched up? They also lost to Vegas another inter conference team ? Please correct me if I’m wrong …

PostPosted: 06/24/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Seattle can’t be 5-0 in those standings if we beat them at the buzzer (Dallas) unless I’m not understanding the way it’s matched up? They also lost to Vegas another inter conference team ? Please correct me if I’m wrong …

It’s only the first time you play them at home and away.

You guys beat them on the second time you played in Seattle.

But yes, the league is doing a fantastic job with this roll out!

Randy

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait till the night of the Cup Championship when all the fans hungry a WNBA game find out that it is only available on Prime.....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Wait till the night of the Cup Championship when all the fans hungry a WNBA game find out that it is only available on Prime.....

Confused Confused

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

It’s only the first time you play them at home and away.

You guys beat them on the second time you played in Seattle.

But yes, the league is doing a fantastic job with this roll out!

Thanx mania I was all over the place with how those standings worked !!

PostPosted: 06/24/21 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I'm sure it's a complete coincidence, but Seattle have done a good job of sneaking their losses in during non-CommCup games.

PostPosted: 07/10/21 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut vs Seattle for the first annual Commissioner’s Cup.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 07/10/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I am really happy with this outcome, as the Storm and Sun only got to play each other twice in the regular season instead of three times, and I really enjoyed each of those games!

-Lisa

PostPosted: 07/11/21 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Shades wrote:

I am really happy with this outcome, as the Storm and Sun only got to play each other twice in the regular season instead of three times, and I really enjoyed each of those games!

-Lisa

Yes I think this will be a highly competitive game as well.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm vs. Sun is a bad match-up for the Sun

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 07/16/21 3:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Storm vs. Sun is a bad match-up for the Sun

Maybe not this time. The Sun get a rest and then get time to practice together. The Storm has six players in the Olympics and will be coming back with little rest and no real time to practice. I still think the game will be good but my guess is that the Sun win this one in the fourth.

PostPosted: 07/20/21 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just bought my tickets for the game. I am sure the "home" crowd will favor the Sun with DeWanna coming back and the Storm as a strong rival.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/28/21 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/21 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/innovative-next-gen-tracking-technology-to-be-showcased-at-wnba-commissioners-cup-championship/n-5732095

Quote:
The WNBA Commissioner's Cup Championship Game will be the first time the WNBA uses in-game wearables technology to provide unprecedented data such as how fast players sprint, how often they jump and how quickly they change direction. Kinexon Wearables will be worn in the waistband of the Nike uniform shorts. Along with the wearables, the WNBA will use optical tracking technology by Hawk-Eye that will generate 3D immersive highlights, which will be used in real time during the Amazon Prime Video broadcast. The combination of the technologies is expected to gather approximately 50 million data points during the game.

"Innovation is at the core of our inaugural Commissioner's Cup - from the structure of our season to the broadcast of Cup games and now to piloting an advanced player tracking system through partnering with Kinexon and Hawk-Eye," said WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert. "We are also very proud to have incredible technology partners - including Microsoft, Oculus, SAP, ServiceNow and WNBA Changemakers AT&T and Google - who continue to play an integral role in bringing innovative elements to the WNBA."

IM in OC

PostPosted: 09/27/21 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting tweet, unless it was mentioned somewhere prior in this topic.

https://twitter.com/em_adler/status/1442590718711635971

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: