RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lisa Leslie: I should’ve sued WNBA, coach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/02/21 12:39 pm    ::: Lisa Leslie: I should’ve sued WNBA, coach Reply Reply with quote

https://thegrio.com/2021/04/30/lisa-leslie-wnba-coach/

Quote:
“Why would this man put his hands on me I will never understand that day,” Leslie continued. “Why I didn’t have a lawsuit against the WNBA and him personally I have no idea why I listened to other people because it was just simply wrong.”

PostPosted: 05/02/21 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, typically stupid lisa

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/02/21 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, right, she had no role in that whole altercation at all.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/02/21 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear sweet hypothetical nine-pound twelve-ounce reason-for-the-season baby Jesus, does she... she seriously thinks an on-court brawl is enough reason to sue someone? Did I read that correctly or did the stupid break my brain too much?

Why does this woman pop up just often enough to remind most non-Sparks fans just how easy she is to loathe? Most heels have the goddamn common sense to embrace it (hi, Bill! and to a lesser extent, hi, Diana!) but Leslie is just obnoxiously oblivious.

PostPosted: 05/02/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to say something but the best thing is to leave it alone. It's history.

PostPosted: 05/02/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always had the greatest respect for Lesley as a player and human being. She always seemed like she was very honest and had a lot of common sense. Thats something that can not be said about a lot of athletes.

As to the incident with Mahorn, it was clearly uncalled for an unjustified. I watched the incident posted on Youtube from many angles and dispite Mahorns attempt to spin it, he clearly had no reason to do what he did. He should have been fired on the spot not just given a 3 game suspension.Mahorn, a muscular 6'10" was known as an enforcer in the NBA and the incident with Lesley reaked of his going after a nother player during his playing days. The were far more lacs in what players could get away with back then.

Mahorn claimed he was just trying to keep players away from the altercation. However, video shows he passed other players closer and at the altercaiton and singled out Lesley. Then he not only pushed her some distence before it resulted in her being trown to the ground.It was like a lineman in the3 NFL moving a defensive line man to clear a space.
He could have just got in the way without pushing her all that distance backwsrds. I read the spin they put on it on wikepedia and it was nothing like that. Watch the video's. It appears he forgot he was not back on the court as an enforcer for the Detroit bad boys. Any NBA fan will tell you of their reputation.

PostPosted: 05/02/21 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then D Nasty punched Mahorn. She became my favorite WNBA player right then.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/02/21 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lisa has always tried to portray herself as Ms. Innocent. Sorry, not buying it.

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/02/21 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Lisa has always tried to portray herself as Ms. Innocent. Sorry, not buying it.
Well I watched about 3 different angles and video's when they were posted on Youtueb. The one that is along with her video just shows the push and not what preceeded. I think my watching those videos gives me a better prespecive than your., issues with Lesley, filtered perspective.

Lisa was not even involved in the altercation, rather was just heading toward it from the bench. there was a lot of players around the the altercaiton and rather than Mahorn attempting to break it up he chose to go after Lisa who wasn't actually involved yet. Even still he could have just grabbed her and cut off her path if he felt she posed a threat instead of sending her flying through the air. onto her back. She didn't just fall back but sailed a good ten feet from where he pushed her. that was not an attempt to keep her from getting involved rather a display of offensive agression. Interestingly he chose the best player on the other team to go after.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mahorn instigated the actions that caused the intitial altercation via his attempt at modeling his team after the Detroit Bad
Boys aggressive play. Why they even hired someone with his reputation as an enforcer as coach is beyond me.

PostPosted: 05/03/21 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I always had the greatest respect for Lesley as a player and human being. She always seemed like she was very honest and had a lot of common sense. Thats something that can not be said about a lot of athletes.

Are we talking about the same Lisa Leslie? I mean, I suppose you could consider having all the self-awareness of a lump of granite and the tact of sandpaper as a form of honesty.

I'm not defending Mahorn here, because ultimately no one came out of that brawl looking good. But saying she'd sue someone for an on-court brawl? I'd find that a more defensible position if it were Cheryl Ford and her torn ACL talking.

PostPosted: 05/03/21 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IIRC, Lisa was one of the many that was suspended for her role in that brawl. Is that why she wants to sue the league? She feels they had no right to impose a penalty?

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/03/21 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Are we talking about the same Lisa Leslie? I mean, I suppose you could consider having all the self-awareness of a lump of granite and the tact of sandpaper as a form of honesty.

I'm not defending Mahorn here, because ultimately no one came out of that brawl looking good. But saying she'd sue someone for an on-court brawl? I'd find that a more defensible position if it were Cheryl Ford and her torn ACL talking.
I have to admit that my perspective on Lisa is based on a limited sampling. Basiccally a few things I heard her commenting about as a pac 12 announcer. I am not going to discount your perspective because you might be dealing with a greater sampling to evaluate her from. It might or might not change my present perspective. Sort of the same criteria I presented in respect to may greater sampling in respect to the videos on the altercation.

My response was based on the study of the videos along with the perspectives Though I must admit Mahorns actions as a Detroit Piston Bad Boy did play a role in my perception of intent if not his actual actions. However, we should not let our personal feelings about anyone impact our perceptions of blame in respect to an incident. Actually my perspective on that incident was formed long before any impression were formed about Lesley. I was responding to purely what I saw. And those were actions instigated by a Detroit player against Parker which set the entire ruckus into motion. Mahorn instead of disingaging the fighing players turned his attention to Lesley who was heading toward but not yet involved in any actual altercation.

I don't know about suing the WNBA but she probably should have filed charges and sued Mahorn. Perhaps she felt the WNBA punishment was too easy on Mahorn. Heck in todays reality people get fired for words and they let him off very easly for what he did. They were wrong. From my perspecitve my post was based purely on Mahorns actinns and if they were properly dealt with by the WNBA. via his limited suspension.

It now also makes sense as to why you took my humorous post on SWK's initials serieously. My response to myrtle in respect to her lesley bias on the subject probable felt as a presonal attack as well. I personally try to not let my feelings on one thread or post affect my perspective on another post or thread. How we feel about a person should not affect our perspectives abuot them being right or wrong in respect to unrelated cases.

PostPosted: 05/03/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I respect Leslie for lots of things she has done. However, her on-court behavior was never angelic. In the P12 back in the day, she was known as the nose breaker because of her high elbows. In particular I remember her breaking the nose of an OrSU center...maybe her name was Lelas? But there were numerous incidents with her high elbows that would be hard to classify as inadvertent even though she would try to act as though they were. JMO.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/03/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I respect Leslie for lots of things she has done. However, her on-court behavior was never angelic. In the P12 back in the day, she was known as the nose breaker because of her high elbows. In particular I remember her breaking the nose of an OrSU center...maybe her name was Lelas? But there were numerous incidents with her high elbows that would be hard to classify as inadvertent even though she would try to act as though they were. JMO.

She is such an a$$hole. I've met many players in my travels as a women's basketball fan and she is without a doubt the worst one I've ever come in contact with. She was not innocent in this, at all, and to bring this up this many years later is just trying to stay relevant. That fight happened so fast and it was so intense that I don't think anyone even knew what was going on. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one second that Rick Mahorn targeted Lisa.

Lisa, just stop. Be retired and keep how amazing you are to yourself.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/03/21 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A whole grown ass man literally put his hands on her and she's the "asshole?" Now I know why so many have walked away from this board. Some of yall are just gross. ✌

blaase22

PostPosted: 05/03/21 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
A whole grown ass man literally put his hands on her and she's the "asshole?" Now I know why so many have walked away from this board. Some of yall are just gross. ✌

That poster would have a hissy fit if one of us made a comment like that about a Uconn player lol

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/03/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to weigh in with my thoughts on this specific incident (I probably said plenty at the time and don't feel the need to revisit it), but rather just a general thing to keep in mind.
When you get a situation of some people thinking person A is the bad guy and other people thinking person B is the bad guy ... sometimes both groups of people can be correct at the same time.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: