Board Junkies Forums

Waivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/11/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
I believe Connecticut are down to 12, but that's not their final roster. Doesn't even come close to fitting under the cap without removing one more.

Minnesota appears to be down to 12 as well, but will also need to cut one more

I make it 13 - the expected 11 plus Pivec and Lott.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Looks like Sug Sutton and Stella Johnson will both make the roster in Washington with Alleyne, McCall and Plaisance still in contention for the last post spot....uness they're keeping 6 posts which would make me think they're going to play Delle Donne at the 3. Might be a less physical transition for her to get back into game shape.

I'm guessing two of the posts with Johnson.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm waive Natalie Kucowski and Tamera Young
Aces waive Lauren Manis and Shakayla Thomas

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Aces appear to be the first team to 11, but judging by her lack of minutes in their now infamous preseason game (much like Manis and Thomas), I'm very skeptical that Destiny Slocum will indeed be sticking around. Teams can't carry below 11 players at any given time, so I'm thinking another move is coming. Coincidentally, the Storm have simultaneously made the first interesting cut so far in former Aces player Tamera Young, who of course primarily plays the same position Angel McCoughtry plays...

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Laksa survives another round. What’s left, her and Gorecki?

pilight wrote:

Looking like they’re going the Slocum route. She’s a run through a wall type. I think Laimbeer appreciates that type of player.

Of course, it’s going to be a juicy waiver wire or trade docket.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

Aces appear to be the first team to 11, but judging by her lack of minutes in their now infamous preseason game (much like Manis and Thomas), I'm very skeptical that Destiny Slocum will indeed be sticking around. Teams can't carry below 11 players at any given time, so I'm thinking another move is coming. Coincidentally, the Storm have simultaneously made the first interesting cut so far in former Aces player Tamera Young, who of course primarily plays the same position Angel McCoughtry plays...

I think there may have been some hard feelings when T.Young got booted from the Aces before. But maybe money/job will speak louder than feelings...

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think there may have been some hard feelings when T.Young got booted from the Aces before. But maybe money/job will speak louder than feelings...

The Aces didn't need her once they signed McCoughtry. But now that McCoughtry's out, they might just need Young again...

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Aces didn't need her once they signed McCoughtry. But now that McCoughtry's out, they might just need Young again...

I agree but I'm just saying T.Young may feel like she was hard done by so may not want to go back ...especially if there's another opportunity. OTOH it might be a chance to win a 'ship, so that should be attractive..

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/11/21 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

We still need to make 4 cuts, most likely Gorecki, Laksa, N'dea Jones and Kiana Williams, unless one of them can beat out Prince, Burke, Talbot or Herbert-Harrigan.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

We still need to make 4 cuts, most likely Gorecki, Laksa, N'dea Jones and Kiana Williams, unless one of them can beat out Prince, Burke, Talbot or Herbert-Harrigan.

They also have the room to temp suspend Russell or Prince and keep a 13th to start the season.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

I read in a story that the Aces GM has a thng ( as a player ) based on her game against UConn in the playoffs when she was a freshman so she may not get cut based on friends in high places. This expains why they drafted her when there were better catch and shoot player options available. She is decent 3pr shooter but nothing outstanding. Possible she didn't play because the GM made her a lock. What an idiot. But then thats mot unusual for GMs in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

I read in a story that the Aces GM has a thng ( as a player ) based on her game against UConn in the playoffs when she was a freshman so she may not get cut based on friends in high places. This expains why they drafted her when there were better catch and shoot player options available. She is decent 3pr shooter but nothing outstanding. Possible she didn't play because the GM made her a lock. What an idiot. But then thats mot unusual for GMs in the WNBA.

Another case of opportunity and going to the right team. I think part of why she transferred to Arky last year was because Goodman was better than her. Now Goodman is waived and Slocum may hang on.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

They also have the room to temp suspend Russell or Prince and keep a 13th to start the season.

In a way it's lucky for Herbert-Harrigan that she hasn't shown up yet. That way she can't show just how bad she is compared to the others.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
willtalk wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

Another case of opportunity and going to the right team. I think part of why she transferred to Arky last year was because Goodman was better than her. Now Goodman is waived and Slocum may hang on.

OTOH we were all pretty much assuming that one of the Aces pick 12 or 14 would be a back up PG combo guard and that that guard would likely get one of the last two spots whether that Guard ended up being Slocum, Richards, K. Williams or Gondrezick.

I would be a little worried if I was Slocum that coach might ask for TY Young back and try to cover the rest of the PG minutes behind Gray with Plum and J. Young. But I also think Slocum landed in a good spot with the Aces other pick going to an International (Rupert) who wasn't going to show at a position of clear need.

I also think The Aces could pull a Swords move like they did last year and slip Sugar Rodgers into the last spot but that seem like a way out there idea, but a way out there idea with precedence.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

with Russell and Prince arriving late Sea can go

Bird/Canada/Williams
Loyd/Laksa or Gorecki
KLS/Burke
Dupree/MHH/Talbot
Stewart/Magbegor

and then wait to see who to cut when Russell and Prince arrive

I wouldn't count my chickens if I was Burke or Herbert-Harrigan because Laksa and Gorecki are coming hard for those last two spots

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY has a similar deal with Howard and Stokes late arrival

probably going to see something like

Ionescu/Clarendon
Jones/Whitcomb/(Durr)
Laney/Odom/Richards
Allen/Onyenwere
Shook/Holmes

and wait to make the final two cuts until Howard and Stokes are actually with the team

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just want waivers to be over with so I can stop feeling bad for players who get cut.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I just want waivers to be over with so I can stop feeling bad for players who get cut.

agree I was really rooting both for TY Young and S. Thomas. Both had what I considered an outside chance to win a spot but it didn't play out that way.

And NY is killing me with still having not announced what is happening with Johannes or what if anything they plan to do with Willoughby and worst of all why there hasn't been some form of solution offered by the league for the very unique circumstance Durr is in.

and I don't want to see any of Richards, Holmes, Odom or Shook cut, I am a big fan of Didi and I think all the sophomores deserve a shot a redemption after last years circumstances.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/11/21 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Bird/Canada/Williams
Loyd/Laksa or Gorecki
KLS/Burke
Dupree/MHH/Talbot
Stewart/Magbegor

I wouldn't count my chickens if I was Burke or Herbert-Harrigan because Laksa and Gorecki are coming hard for those last two spots

No, they have room to temp suspend and add one player, they don't have room to do it with two. So it's not 12 plus Russell and Prince, it's 11.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sky waive Sierra Campisano, Jessica January, and Sparkle Taylor

Wings temporarily suspend Satou Sabally, clearing her roster spot (but not her salary hit) until she is available for the team

Love that name.

I guess she lost some of her sparkle, glitter, and luster. Wink

In my mind, I want to believe that the first thing that happened to her and Kai James after they reported to their teams was that the team sat them down and asked for a detailed scouting report on Sika Kone for the upcoming draft since they have been teammates with her for two seasons.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/12/21 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m
Hoping catch screws up
And she cuts C.Perry so we can sign her and waive Gustafson I’m
Sick of this political party Mad Mad

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Bird/Canada/Williams
Loyd/Laksa or Gorecki
KLS/Burke
Dupree/MHH/Talbot
Stewart/Magbegor

No, they have room to temp suspend and add one player, they don't have room to do it with two. So it's not 12 plus Russell and Prince, it's 11.

Arent Russell and Prince done in Turkey? They lost the finals yesterday i think

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Bird/Canada/Williams
Loyd/Laksa or Gorecki
KLS/Burke
Dupree/MHH/Talbot
Stewart/Magbegor

Arent Russell and Prince done in Turkey? They lost the finals yesterday i think

It’s about a week of quarantine, or maybe 48 hrs if they’re fully vaxxed up. Then after that they’ll probably be resting up on the bench.

Wasn’t Prince the player who said she needed extra rest after an overseas stint back when she was with Chicago, and everyone went bat-ish crazy?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/12/21 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Transactions
May 11, 2021
    Seattle Storm: Natalie Kucowski – Waived
    Seattle Storm: Tamera Young – Waived
    Connecticut Sun: Micaela Kelly – Waivers Cleared
    Connecticut Sun: Feyonda Fitzgerald – Waivers Cleared
    Connecticut Sun: Morgan Bertsch – Waivers Cleared
    Atlanta Dream: Lindsey Pulliam – Waivers Cleared
    Atlanta Dream: Kaela Davis – Waivers Cleared
    Dallas Wings: Dee Givens – Waivers Cleared
    Phoenix Mercury: Marta Xargay – Waivers Cleared
    Phoenix Mercury: Avery Talbert-Warley – Waivers Cleared
    Phoenix Mercury: Akela Maize – Waivers Cleared
    Chicago Sky: Petra Holesinka – Waivers Cleared
    Las Vegas Aces: Lauren Manis – Waived
    Las Vegas Aces: Shakayla Thomas – Waived
    New York Liberty: Valerie Higgins – Waived
    Minnesota Lynx: Linnae Harper – Waived
    Washington Mystics: G’mrice Davis – Waived
    Connecticut Sun: Aleah Goodman – Waived
    Connecticut Sun: Brianna Fraser – Waived

https://www.wnba.com/transactions/

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/12/21 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
willtalk wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

I read in a story that the Aces GM has a thng ( as a player ) based on her game against UConn in the playoffs when she was a freshman so she may not get cut based on friends in high places. This expains why they drafted her when there were better catch and shoot player options available. She is decent 3pr shooter but nothing outstanding. Possible she didn't play because the GM made her a lock. What an idiot. But then thats not unusual for GMs in the WNBA.

In this case it was more of a GM indulging in personal stupidity. He made it clear that he picked Slocum based entirely on her showing against UConn when she played for Maryland her freshman season. An example of being enamoreed by flash rather than substance. Goodman whould have been the perfect choice for the Aces. I believe she was even mocked to them. To evaluate a player based on one game five years ago is the ultimate of stupidity. He must be a buddy of Davis.

Makes you wonder why the WNBA is still around. it certainly is not becaue of the competence of the people running the show. But that is not so unusual. I don't believe most of the teams do due diligence scouting players. They basically just go by reputation and the few high profile nationally broadcast games that they might have seen.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: