RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LSU 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PG4ever

PostPosted: 10/01/21 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Howee wrote:
Changing gears ever-so-slightly (?) what is the backstory on the feud between Pokey and Kim?

No one knows for sure, but here’s an old column on it. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/columns/story?columnist=lieberman_nancy&id=2317846

What I remember was that Allison Hightower had verbally committed to Baylor, but Pokey told AH's parents she should play for a black woman coach. Under parental pressure, AH switched schools.

I know this is an old post but I'm just seeing it now. So when you say "What I remember," do you mean what you remember in terms of rumors or what you remember Allison Hightower actually saying was the reason she picked LSU?

Howee

PostPosted: 10/02/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Get them started on an assignment and duck out...just for a bit Laughing

I might have an emergency dentist appointment... Laughing

Just fyi, Tally....be careful with Myrtle's advice: she's quick to lead one astray. I can tell you stories galore. Shocked Razz

PostPosted: 10/03/21 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Just fyi, Tally....be careful with Myrtle's advice: she's quick to lead one astray. I can tell you stories galore. Shocked Razz

Laughing Laughing

In a surprise twist, I let the class go early as a show of benevolence for their hard work on their first essays.

I then raced over to the PMAC in time to catch the practice. It was a good showing with a respectable amount of fans in attendance. There were even some former players present. Kim was out in full Kim force, engaging with the fans from the court, coaching hard, and she looked like she was having a good time. The team looked rusty, but promising. Gusters is a presence and she moves really well.

I am ready to see how the team meshes and comes together, as there are a lot of question marks, highlighted by Kim stopping practice to scream "I don't know most of y'all from Adam, but show me you can set a damn pick and I'll use you in a late game situation." Laughing
icey23

PostPosted: 10/04/21 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Howee wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing

In a surprise twist, I let the class go early as a show of benevolence for their hard work on their first essays.

I then raced over to the PMAC in time to catch the practice. It was a good showing with a respectable amount of fans in attendance. There were even some former players present. Kim was out in full Kim force, engaging with the fans from the court, coaching hard, and she looked like she was having a good time. The team looked rusty, but promising. Gusters is a presence and she moves really well.

I am ready to see how the team meshes and comes together, as there are a lot of question marks, highlighted by Kim stopping practice to scream "I don't know most of y'all from Adam, but show me you can set a damn pick and I'll use you in a late game situation." Laughing

Tally season ticket holder here what section will u be in? I’m in 104

PostPosted: 10/06/21 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Howee wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Tally season ticket holder here what section will u be in? I’m in 104

I am a grad student, so the student sections! In the past, when I have gone and bought "real" tickets, I try to sit in 113 or 114.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/03/21 4:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU defeated DII Langston (OK) 112-48 on a night where several distinguished Lady Tigers were present including Langston head coach and former Detroit Shocker Elaine Powell whom Mulkey presented with a bouquet of flowers. (Marie Ferdinand and Tameka Johnson were two of others reportedly there).

Kim substituted liberally and Khalsa Pointer, Jalen Cherry, and frown Timia Ware looked promising offensively. Vandy transfer Autumn Newby had a double double which included 16 rebounds. Afterwards, Kim stated that that will be how this particular team scores, by getting second chance points.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 11/03/21 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
LSU defeated DII Langston (OK) 112-48 on a night where several distinguished Lady Tigers were present including Langston head coach and former Detroit Shocker Elaine Powell whom Mulkey presented with a bouquet of flowers. (Marie Ferdinand and Tameka Johnson were two of others reportedly there).

Kim substituted liberally and Khalsa Pointer, Jalen Cherry, and frown Timia Ware looked promising offensively. Vandy transfer Autumn Newby had a double double which included 16 rebounds. Afterwards, Kim stated that that will be how this particular team scores, by getting second chance points.

It's nice to see Oklahoma's only HBCU get opportunities like this. Hopefully Newby can have success under Mulkey. Seemed like she was never used properly at Vandy

PostPosted: 11/04/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...admittedly, I have a hard time picturing Elaine Powell with flowers.

(now with spelling variations)
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/04/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
...admittedly, I have a hard time picturing Elaine Powell with flowers.

I was kinda SHOCKed as well.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/08/21 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FGCU @ LSU on Sunday should be a good game! Let's go Kierstan Bell!!

PostPosted: 11/08/21 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Oh ye of little faith. Considering that you didn't pick Kierstan Bell against LSU, I hope that she goes for 40 on 7-7 shooting from behind the arc, with 10 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks, and 0 turnovers.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/08/21 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Oh ye of little faith. Considering that you didn't pick Kierstan Bell against LSU, I hope that she goes for 40 on 7-7 shooting from behind the arc, with 10 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks, and 0 turnovers.

It would be worth it just to see the look on Mulkey's face. Twisted Evil

But look, I'm a numbers guy (or at least try to be), so I chose my opponents based on last years NET rankings.

PostPosted: 11/08/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nevermind

PostPosted: 11/08/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

I’m excited about this one! Also a LSU transfer is on the roster.

PostPosted: 11/09/21 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Khayla Pointer is the third LSU Tiger to record a triple double (16p11r13a) as Tigers down Nichols State (coached by LSUalum/WNBAstalwart Theresa Plaisance’s mom, Dobee) 82-40. Official start to the Kim Mulkey era. Hannah Gusters had 19 points and 3 blocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: