RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LSU 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/27/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did she make some stupid anti-Covid remark in her press conference? I thought I saw an article with that headline but didn't have time to read it and now I can't find it.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/27/21 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Did she make some stupid anti-Covid remark in her press conference? I thought I saw an article with that headline but didn't have time to read it and now I can't find it.

She said something to the effect of get this damn mask off I”ve got something to say.

The governor was I. The crowd and was expected to repeal the States mask mandate. Of course when Kim did this the crowd Applauded

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/27/21 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

God, I loathe the woman ....

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/27/21 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

For 3 mil I doubt she cares. 💲💲💲💲🤣🤣🤣🤣

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
blaase22

PostPosted: 04/27/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Maybe she can afford to not look 70 in the face now since she cares about fashion and all.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/27/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

She said something to the effect of get this damn mask off I”ve got something to say.

The governor was I. The crowd and was expected to repeal the States mask mandate. Of course when Kim did this the crowd Applauded

And then flung the mask off like she was throwing the garter at a wedding.

(now with spelling variations)
Tally24

PostPosted: 04/27/21 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was in the crowd. I’m not a Kim “fan” per se, but when the crazy becomes “your” crazy, it becomes a little more palpable.

There’s been a buzz around campus about her arrival. And, yes, Louisiana and Texas are both VERY proud of being Louisiana and Texas lol.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/27/21 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Quote:
"Kim Mulkey's deal with #LSU is set to pay Mulkey $2.5 million in year one and will increase to north of $3 million by the end of the deal, which runs through 2028-2029, an LSU official tells @TheAthletic," Miller tweeted. "Again, #LSU is going from paying its women's basketball coach $711,988 this year to paying an average of just under $3 million. Plus, I can assure you, some expected upgrades to facilities."

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Salary-for-LSU-womens-basketball-coach-Kim-Mulkey-revealed-PMAC-renovations-164719218/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
icey23

PostPosted: 04/28/21 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queen Tiger!!! So excited to have Kim leading the charge of my lady tigers!!! I’m from the same town as Kim so it’s even more special for me.

The 21-22 roster omg the talent Nikki has coming in isn’t all that great, I could see Kim cuttin ties with some of them.I heard walk on O’Neal retired from basketball. Kayla Pointer was MIA from press conference maybe she had class, would love to see her stay and learn from Kim. I really believe Kim gets this team in the Tourney.

PostPosted: 04/28/21 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

And then flung the mask off like she was throwing the garter at a wedding.

Love it! This has to start somewhere.

icey23

PostPosted: 04/28/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim’s contract https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/heres-the-details-of-kim-mulkeys-contract-according-to-her-signed-term-sheet/96135004/

PostPosted: 04/28/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Quote:
"Kim Mulkey's deal with #LSU is set to pay Mulkey $2.5 million in year one and will increase to north of $3 million by the end of the deal, which runs through 2028-2029, an LSU official tells @TheAthletic," Miller tweeted. "Again, #LSU is going from paying its women's basketball coach $711,988 this year to paying an average of just under $3 million. Plus, I can assure you, some expected upgrades to facilities."

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Salary-for-LSU-womens-basketball-coach-Kim-Mulkey-revealed-PMAC-renovations-164719218/

This hire is, without a doubt, a blockbuster hire. People don't have to agree with her politics, but she is a damn good basketball coach and for an athletic department with the revenue of LSU, worth every penny.

There is bonus compensation included. Many people also don't realize that Kim already has approx 15 years in the Louisiana retirement system. Add that to this contract and she could retire at contract end with a pension based on this salary.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/28/21 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Kim’s contract https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/heres-the-details-of-kim-mulkeys-contract-according-to-her-signed-term-sheet/96135004/

I'm surprised this document has become publicly available and so quickly, unless some state law requires disclosure of employee contracts.

Kim certainly is making a bundle and surely must be in the running for highest paid WCBB coach. I wonder what the $80,000 per year for "personal travel" is about.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/28/21 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
icey23 wrote:

I'm surprised this document has become publicly available and so quickly, unless some state law requires disclosure of employee contracts.

Kim certainly is making a bundle and surely must be in the running for highest paid WCBB coach. I wonder what the $80,000 per year for "personal travel" is about.

They’ll have her work every corner of the state (and beyond) pumping purple and raising funds, and being an ambassador for LSU.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/28/21 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
icey23 wrote:

LSU being a state school, doesn't that make it public record?

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/28/21 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
icey23 wrote:

That doesn't look unreasonable. I suspect it is for recruiting visits.

TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 04/28/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PlayBally'all"][quote="Ex-Ref"]
Ex-Ref wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

There is bonus compensation included. Many people also don't realize that Kim already has approx 15 years in the Louisiana retirement system. Add that to this contract and she could retire at contract end with a pension based on this salary.

Not exactly. She only gets credit in the pension system for the money coming from the state. The money coming from the foundation doesn't figure in.

I've also been told that you can't change to a much higher paying job just before retirement and get credit solely for that--but I don't know that for sure and am not sure how it would be figured.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/28/21 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
icey23 wrote:

NoDakSt wrote:
They’ll have her work every corner of the state (and beyond) pumping purple and raising funds, and being an ambassador for LSU.

calbearman76 wrote:
That doesn't look unreasonable. I suspect it is for recruiting visits.

I would categorize both fundraising for LSU and recruiting for LSU as core "business travel" expenses necessary for a head coach's job, not as a "personal travel" compensation perk. And I further assume core business travel expenses would normally be set out as line items in the WBB team budget, within the AD's overall budget, as those budgets may change from time to time -- and not as a fixed and unnchangeable compensation line item in a coach's personal eight-year employment contract.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm still confused as to what this presumably taxable compensation perk is for. I mean, it's under a paragraph headed "Other Special Incentives" and appears just to be a slush fund payable every January that Kim can use to finance personal vacations and trips. Nothing illegal or immoral about that -- probably just another monetary perk LSU threw in, likely to be financed by "affiliated foundations", to close the deal and that wouldn't be categorized as salary or a performance incentive.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/29/21 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="TechDawgMc"][quote="PlayBally'all"]
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Not exactly. She only gets credit in the pension system for the money coming from the state. The money coming from the foundation doesn't figure in.

I've also been told that you can't change to a much higher paying job just before retirement and get credit solely for that--but I don't know that for sure and am not sure how it would be figured.

Personally, if I'd received her pay at Baylor and LSU, I wouldn't be too concerned about how my pension was calculated. How much has she been able to spend in a year? She works most of the time and essentially has a huge expense account

TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 04/29/21 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Personally, if I'd received her pay at Baylor and LSU, I wouldn't be too concerned about how my pension was calculated. How much has she been able to spend in a year? She works most of the time and essentially has a huge expense account

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think money had anything to do with this decision. It's all about relationships.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/29/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Changing gears ever-so-slightly (?) what is the backstory on the feud between Pokey and Kim?

As I'm thinking about it, I'm half glad she's out of the Big 12; hopefully, with Sherri's and Kim's departure, there shall be a Renaissance of sorts to usher in some (new) Glory Days

PostPosted: 04/30/21 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Changing gears ever-so-slightly (?) what is the backstory on the feud between Pokey and Kim?

No one knows for sure, but here’s an old column on it. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/columns/story?columnist=lieberman_nancy&id=2317846

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/30/21 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Kim’s intro.

“I came here to make an impact at the right time at an institution that needs to have something positive.”

https://youtu.be/P5HANdbUbBk. 26 minute mark

I wonder how big this was in terms of her timing. It sounds like kind of a brazen remark but she did it at Baylor When there were investigations about drugs, murder, assaults, cover ups. and she was A rallying point not only for athletics but for the Waco community. I don’t want to call it a messiah complex but she has been at that crucial juncture before and she didn’t shy away from it.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/01/21 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim apparently tried to get Kate Fagen fired for writing that BG told her they Kim told her to hide her sexuality while at Baylor.

https://www.insider.com/kim-mulkey-tried-fire-reporter-brittney-griner-hide-sexuality-baylor-2021-4

As if you needed another reason to dislike Kim! Rolling Eyes

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 05/01/21 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Howee wrote:

No one knows for sure, but here’s an old column on it. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/columns/story?columnist=lieberman_nancy&id=2317846

What I remember was that Allison Hightower had verbally committed to Baylor, but Pokey told AH's parents she should play for a black woman coach. Under parental pressure, AH switched schools.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: