RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LSU 2021-2022
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/25/21 5:30 pm    ::: LSU 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

Just Because.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/25/21 5:31 pm    ::: Baylor 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

Just. Because.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/25/21 5:41 pm    ::: Re: Baylor 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Just. Because.

Hmmmmm, do you think she brings any players with her?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/25/21 5:44 pm    ::: Re: Baylor 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Just. Because.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 🌙 in Baton Rouge next season. Either as a player or a graduate assistant coach. She’s from Louisiana.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/25/21 5:53 pm    ::: Re: Baylor 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Just. Because.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 🌙 in Baton Rouge next season. Either as a player or a graduate assistant coach. She’s from Louisiana.

Could you imagine if Queen Egbo and NaLyssa Smith follow her to LSU? Holy $hit this is just crazy. This has been the most insane offseason ever.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/25/21 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shea Ralph's difficult climb just got even more difficult.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/25/21 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought about starting a poll, but I figured it would be better just to keep things organized in this thread:

How long will it take before Mulkey/LSU win an SEC championship?
-1 season
-2 seasons
-3 ...
-etc.
-It won't happen; she will retire first.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/26/21 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/5l8uFxpo8As

2005 semis. Baylor vs LSU.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 04/26/21 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I thought about starting a poll, but I figured it would be better just to keep things organized in this thread:

How long will it take before Mulkey/LSU win an SEC championship?
-1 season
-2 seasons
-3 ...
-etc.
-It won't happen; she will retire first.

3 years she is playing for one.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/26/21 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the addition of Kim Mulkey, LSU’s athletic department has become a soap opera

https://deadspin.com/with-the-addition-of-kim-mulkey-lsu-s-athletic-departm-1846762598

Quote:
This is who Mulkey has always been. She’s the kind of coach that can take a program from nothing to something, will win you a ton of games, and get her players into the pros. However, she’s also the kind of coach that isn’t an ally for more female coaches in the sport, will tell you to knock someone “right in the face” if they don’t want to send their daughter to a school with a horrendous history of handling rape cases and sexual assault allegations, and will tell her players to keep their sexuality a secret.

It sounds like Mulkey is going to fit right in at LSU.

PostPosted: 04/26/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You all think any players will follow Kim to LSU?

PostPosted: 04/26/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
You all think any players will follow Kim to LSU?

That story seems skewed to Baylor Athletic views. Of course some players will follow. The question is will the "Best Player" follow.

PostPosted: 04/26/21 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is nailing her introductory press conference. This place used to hate her but she’s Cajun Hellfire And Brimstone and if it weren’t for COVID this place would be rockin!

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/26/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
She is nailing her introductory press conference. This place used to hate her but she’s Cajun Hellfire And Brimstone and if it weren’t for COVID this place would be rockin!

Mulkey is electric, I absolutely love her, and any time someone like her becomes "yours," you can go from hate to love real quick. She is going to do big things at LSU. I bet you they're back in the top-10 in 3 seasons.

I think it's because my personality, like Kim's, is like coconut or black licorice, you either love it or hate it. And that's why I like her so much. HA!

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/26/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is THE year for a coach to leave, then rebuild a program in a relative flash.

I hate the extra year and free transfer rules even more.

Unlike many here, I do like KM. I actually kinda like LSU, too. They were sometimes the best shot to beat the LVoles...those teams with Mariiiieeeeee! and then, later, Mone and Syl.

Geaux Kim!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/26/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know that Kim will be able to buy in the transfer market for next season without pulling scholarships from current players or urging them into the transfer portal.

The 2020-21 LSU roster shows 17 players, of which six were seniors. Blue Star says LSU has signed six incoming freshman. So, assuming all six seniors choose to leave instead of taking an extra Covid year, the roster Kim inherits ostensibly already has 17 players, unless LSU loses non-senior players through the transfer portal.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/26/21 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I don't know that Kim will be able to buy in the transfer market for next season without pulling scholarships from current players or urging them into the transfer portal.

The 2020-21 LSU roster shows 17 players, of which six were seniors. Blue Star says LSU has signed six incoming freshman. So, assuming all six seniors choose to leave instead of taking an extra Covid year, the roster Kim inherits ostensibly already has 17 players, unless LSU loses non-senior players through the transfer portal.

Raoul has done a pretty detailed article about this.
https://wbbblog.com/lsu-womens-basketball-recruiting/

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/27/21 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

If Raoul's chart is correct, Kim already has for next season 13 normal scholarship players, three Covid super-senior scholarship players and two walk-ons, for a total of 18 players -- with two normal scholarship slots still open, which could be filled from the transfer portal. I'd guess the transfer action at LSU, both out and in, may not yet be over. Surgery will begin.
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/27/21 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
This is THE year for a coach to leave, then rebuild a program in a relative flash.

I hate the extra year and free transfer rules even more.

Unlike many here, I do like KM. I actually kinda like LSU, too. They were sometimes the best shot to beat the LVoles...those teams with Mariiiieeeeee! and then, later, Mone and Syl.

Geaux Kim!

Same, same, andddddddddddddd same.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/27/21 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just watched Kim's press conference. I've never been to Louisiana and I've never spent any amount of time in the south, frankly. Is everything down there always so proud and "gung-ho" for whatever state it is?

In all seriousness, she is going to do great things there.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/27/21 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim Mulkey and Will Wade. Talk about a polarizing pair. We'll see how long they're "together" when Wade's contract expires in June '23.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 04/27/21 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It must take guts to leave a program she built from the ground up.

That alone makes me want to root for her success and express great admiration for Kim.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/27/21 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

If Raoul's chart is correct, Kim already has for next season 13 normal scholarship players, three Covid super-senior scholarship players and two walk-ons, for a total of 18 players -- with two normal scholarship slots still open, which could be filled from the transfer portal. I'd guess the transfer action at LSU, both out and in, may not yet be over. Surgery will begin.

The "super-senior COVID-extra-year" players still count against the normal 15 scholarships, don't they?

And I'd bet some of Nikki's new recruits end up going elsewhere.

So far, this year's COVID and transfer portal rules seem to be leaving most teams with almost no players or too many players. Sooner or later, things will have to even out.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/27/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

The "super-senior COVID-extra-year" players still count against the normal 15 scholarships, don't they?

Raoul's chart and write-up indicate (correctly, I believe) that they don't count for 2021-22. A team can have 15 normal scholarship players plus however many players, already on scholarship at the school, are exercising their extra Covid year. So, these "extra" scholarships (over 15) can only be used by current seniors and not by transfers-in.

As an ultimate case, if a school currently has 15 seniors on scholarship, they all can stay on extra scholarships for another year while the coach uses the 15 normal scholarship on 15 incoming freshman or transfers-in, for a total of 30 scholarship players.

I also read that individual schools or conferences don't have to give super-senior scholarships even though those super-seniors have the extra year of eligibility, and that the extra scholarship scenario will only apply for the 2021-22 season. That means that even though current frosh, sophs and juniors will have an extra year of Covid eligibility to exercise after they are seniors, schools will then be bound by the normal 15 scholarship rule -- no extra scholarships.

Confusing.
thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/27/21 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seniors are only ones who don't count toward 15. So if you had 6 seasons and they are all exercising the covid extra year, you can feasibly have 21.

Don't have a source because I didn't look for one yet but that is the scoop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: