RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maryland 2021-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:48 pm    ::: Maryland 2021-22 Reply Reply with quote

Hello all, first-time poster but long-time reader. My impression for all those years is that there are a few loyal Terps fans on the board, but some haters, too.

I've been a MD fan since I was a child, and am really looking forward to next year. As far as I can find out, there are NO TRANSFERS this year, so they should be doubly dangerous next year.

Glad to see Ashley and Diamond working with USA Basketball. If Angel Reese had been healthy this whole last season, I bet she'd be there too.

I think Brenda doesn't get her full due as a coach, particularly when it comes to player development. She knows how to turn her players into WNBA prospects, just look at players like Tianna Hawkins and Brionna Jones. They're just two examples.

Tell me your thoughts on MD, I can take it! Cool

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome! Iowa fan here. Yup, the Terps will definitely be deadly again next year. Hate to break it to you though, but I think there will be at least one transfer: Alaysia Styles just entered the portal.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome to the board! Always glad for. We posters. Brenda has her share of detractors but then again, who doesn’t (OK, Adia Barnes is loved by all but give it time).

B did a great job this last year putting together a solid team who seemed to have great chemistry. I always appreciate the fact that she gets scoring from all positions and typically has 5 players who average double figures. If you can get that who needs defense?

Regarding transfers, Alaysia Styles joined the program this last season out of Cal is back in the portal. Is everyone else coming back (including those who are already grads)?

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NOOOO! Well, she probably didn't get as much playing time as she wanted, which is fair.

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Welcome to the board! Always glad for. We posters. Brenda has her share of detractors but then again, who doesn’t (OK, Adia Barnes is loved by all but give it time).

B did a great job this last year putting together a solid team who seemed to have great chemistry. I always appreciate the fact that she gets scoring from all positions and typically has 5 players who average double figures. If you can get that who needs defense?

Regarding transfers, Alaysia Styles joined the program this last season out of Cal is back in the portal. Is everyone else coming back (including those who are already grads)?

MD tweeted that Chloe and Katie and I thought Alaysia too were all coming back. Now I don't know. Sad

Last edited by blue crabs & basketba on 04/21/21 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Welcome! Iowa fan here. Yup, the Terps will definitely be deadly again next year. Hate to break it to you though, but I think there will be at least one transfer: Alaysia Styles just entered the portal.

Both Iowa and Ohio State have been MD's biggest challenges in the conference. I do miss the old MD/Duke rivalry in the ACC, but the B1G has provided some epic games for the Terps.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/21/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blue crabs & basketba wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Both Iowa and Ohio State have been MD's biggest challenges in the conference. I do miss the old MD/Duke rivalry in the ACC, but the B1G has provided some epic games for the Terps.

Well you undoubtedly got the best of us this year! Hopefully Iowa's defense improves enough by next year to at least keep y'all from scoring 100+ on us Laughing

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/21/21 9:32 pm    ::: Re: Maryland 2021-22 Reply Reply with quote

Awesome! Welcome aboard.

I absolutely love Awusu. I think she has an awesome game and a great personality.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/22/21 5:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

MD tweeted that Chloe and Katie and I thought Alaysia too were all coming back. Now I don't know. Sad

You’re not wrong. https://twitter.com/terpswbb/status/1378408749677826048?s=21

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 05/22/21 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that SWK is on the Sun, and the Sun have 5 Terps and a 4-0 record, Brenda must be very happy.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/22/21 7:31 pm    ::: Re: Maryland 2021-22 Reply Reply with quote

She knows how to turn her players into WNBA prospects, just look at players like Tianna Hawkins and Brionna Jones. They're just two examples.

Tell me your thoughts on MD, I can take it! Cool

I'd think Miss Toliver and Miss Thomas might take exception to your omission of their names.... Laughing Miss Langhorne is another one who played far longer than one might have expected.

My thoughts on MD? I only hated on them when they so bodaciously stole the Natty from *my* Duke ladies that one year. Razz I've long thought Brenda was a darned good coach. I also think they were more consistently challenged in the ACC -- for the past few years, it feels like there's just been more NC-caliber teams in that conference.

PostPosted: 05/23/21 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really really liked Marissa Coleman. I wish she would’ve gone to Duke and I remember following her prep career prior to her commitment.

Brenda is a fighter. She is someone going on what 20 years in the business. She’s Witnessed women’s basketball evolve over that time and I think she’s changed Marylands style to match that evolution.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: