RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/25/21 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Queen Egbo, 6-3 C/F, Baylor: 4 GP, 11.8 PPG on 72.4% FG (0-1 3PT), 7.3 RPG, 2 BPG.
With her dramatic increase in shot efficiency (was just 50% FG last season), she needs to put more shots up, period.

The announcers jinx strikes again - currently 0-9 through three quarters against Fordham Laughing Laughing Laughing

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 11/25/21 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Everything about Veronica Burton reminds me of Jasmine Thomas. Her offensive game is a little unorthodox, but effective; and she's an all-world defender - being well on her way to her 3rd Big Ten Defensive PoY. She's going to get drafted a lot higher than a lot of people expect.

I agree, and I hope so. The fact that she was included on the Americup team this summer is a good sign for her draft prospects. Lindsay Pulliam has gotten more headlines as she led the team in scoring two years ago when Northwestern was regular season Big Ten Co-Champs. But by early last season, Burton had emerged as the team's best and most consistent player, on both ends of the court.

(Fun fact: Burton's on my fantasy team btw as she essentially led the nation in steals per game last year.)

Co-sign this as well

It's gonna be interesting who will be the first PG off the board between these 3;

Veronica Burton --- Evina Westbrook --- Nia Clouden

Agreed….right now I actually have Westbrook going 5th to NY. And Burton 7th.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/25/21 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Everything about Veronica Burton reminds me of Jasmine Thomas. Her offensive game is a little unorthodox, but effective; and she's an all-world defender - being well on her way to her 3rd Big Ten Defensive PoY. She's going to get drafted a lot higher than a lot of people expect.

I agree, and I hope so. The fact that she was included on the Americup team this summer is a good sign for her draft prospects. Lindsay Pulliam has gotten more headlines as she led the team in scoring two years ago when Northwestern was regular season Big Ten Co-Champs. But by early last season, Burton had emerged as the team's best and most consistent player, on both ends of the court.

(Fun fact: Burton's on my fantasy team btw as she essentially led the nation in steals per game last year.)

Co-sign this as well

It's gonna be interesting who will be the first PG off the board between these 3;

Interesting while NY needs more size I was just thinking Westbrook would be a nice fit. She has the 3 ball, the size to switch on defense between the 1 and the 3 and seems like a nice bench piece you could see in the back court next to either Ionescu or Whitcomb.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 11/25/21 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Co-sign this as well

As a Lib fan I would fine with either one of these 3, I prefer Burton cuz of her defense. Watching Nia I think she has the best offensive game. Love her pull up jumper it reminds me of Courtney Williams

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/26/21 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't speculate on who the Liberty will draft because they're likely to do anything given their philosophy that medium-sized players can fill any position. However, I will say that Westbrook looks like their type of player -- provided she can keep up the shooting accuracy. If so, then Evina can shoot, handle, and generally make good decisions. She is a big guard who won't be overwhelmed after defensive switches. With UConn, Westbrook has actually played postions 1 through 4. Just as important, Evina seems to fit the character profile required by Liberty management. Her nickname at UConn is "Mom" because she looks after her young teammates. Westbrook has also demonstrated willingness to take a backseat to Bueckers even though she arrived from Tennessee as a star with more seniority. Jonathan Kolb has said that character is New York's first criteria. Westbrook's efforts at being a good teammate should carry a lot of weight.

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her nickname's probably also Mom because for a WNBA draftee she's about 100 years old. Could've been in either of the last two drafts. So not a Mangakahia situation, but I wonder if that has a small hit on how some teams view her draft stock. Might be less likely to continue to develop than someone a couple of years younger.

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Her nickname's probably also Mom because for a WNBA draftee she's about 100 years old. Could've been in either of the last two drafts. So not a Mangakahia situation, but I wonder if that has a small hit on how some teams view her draft stock. Might be less likely to continue to develop than someone a couple of years younger.

Westbrook feels like a low risk, low reward pick. A solid backup at multiple positions, with the possibility to contribute as such right away. If you're in win-now mode and need a backup guard, feels like a good pick, and one in which age matters less. If you're looking to build toward a future, not a great pick on age or potential. I agree with comments elsewhere on this board about the WNBA not being a league of much player development (in comparison to the NBA, for example) given lack of roster spaces and salary cap situations.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Westbrook feels like a low risk, low reward pick. A solid backup at multiple positions, with the possibility to contribute as such right away. If you're in win-now mode and need a backup guard, feels like a good pick, and one in which age matters less. If you're looking to build toward a future, not a great pick on age or potential. I agree with comments elsewhere on this board about the WNBA not being a league of much player development (in comparison to the NBA, for example) given lack of roster spaces and salary cap situations.

Totally fair. But I think at around 5 or 6 in a lot of WNBA drafts, teams are still hoping that they luck into a breakout star. That there's at least a chance of a Jonquel Jones or a Napheesa Collier. Then once you're in the lower half of the first-round - usually with better teams selecting - a rotation player with very minimal star potential becomes more acceptable. So I agree that once you're in that area Westbrook fits fine.

Obviously all of that varies somewhat depending on the draft class. Anyone who'd actually been a solid rotation player this year would've been in the All-Rookie team, and challenged Onyenwere for RotY.

PostPosted: 11/26/21 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you believe the announcers, it sounds like Westbrook earned her nickname proactively rather than simply being the oldest player on the squad. Nonetheless, I agree she's a high floor rather than high ceiling prospect who is unlikely to go #5 in a decent draft. Most Liberty fans would like a post player, but we've felt that way for the last two years and management has only bothered to use one out of 9 picks on a true post - that being Shook in the 2nd Round. Again, nothing they do would surprise me.

PostPosted: 11/26/21 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I don’t necessarily see Evina as best available or position of ‘need’ at 5th for the Libs, it’s just the direction I can see us (Kolb+Walt) going in.

I personally would love any of Smith, Austin, Cunane to fall, and wouldn’t mind Hillmon either.

As others have mentioned, the character fit and versatility is there in her favor. Her form looks solid so hopefully she keeps up the shooting throughout this season and her future.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/01/21 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN's programming schedule currently shows the "2022 WNBA Draft Lottery" scheduled for Sunday, December 19, at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN, between the two games of the Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Showcase (Baylor/Michigan at 1, UConn/Louisville at 3:30).

PostPosted: 12/02/21 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ESPN's programming schedule currently shows the "2022 WNBA Draft Lottery" scheduled for Sunday, December 19, at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN, between the two games of the Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Showcase (Baylor/Michigan at 1, UConn/Louisville at 3:30).

Mentally preparing for Indiana getting the #3 & Atlanta the #4. 🙃

Rhyne Howard still seems to be the consensus #1. Do we all think NaLyssa Smith then is still the consensus #2? (I mean, nothing's a given if Indiana actually receives a Top-2 Pick, but for all intents & purposes.)

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

Rhyne Howard still seems to be the consensus #1. Do we all think NaLyssa Smith then is still the consensus #2? (I mean, nothing's a given if Indiana actually receives a Top-2 Pick, but for all intents & purposes.)

Whom do you feel would be the best option for us this upcoming draft?

Randy

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

A new GM.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/02/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

A new GM.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 12/02/21 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Yep those are my current top 2! Austin rounds out my top 3…..I need to watch more of Cunane to solidify her at 4, but that’s where she’s at right now with my mock.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/02/21 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To make it official

https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-draft-lottery-2022-presented-by-state-farm-to-take-place-sunday-dec-19-on-espn/

Quote:
ESPN will broadcast a 30-minute WNBA Draft Lottery special between games of its women’s college basketball doubleheader that afternoon featuring Baylor vs. Michigan and Louisville vs. Connecticut. WNBA Head of League Operations Bethany Donaphin will reveal the results of the Lottery during ESPN’s coverage from Bristol, Conn. ESPN networks will present the Draft Lottery for the 10th consecutive year.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After waiting this damn long to schedule it, could they not have scheduled it around a Kentucky game? Unless Bueckers is gonna graduate in two years it's not gonna be her this season, ESPN...

PostPosted: 12/02/21 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
After waiting this damn long to schedule it, could they not have scheduled it around a Kentucky game? Unless Bueckers is gonna graduate in two years it's not gonna be her this season, ESPN...

Lol 🤣 imagine 2024 draft...

2 hour special on Miss Beckers coming... Or Maybe a "big 3" special will be with Angel Reese, and Caitlyn "Superwoman" Clark?🤔

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers is eligible to declare for 2023. Prepare for a year of endless blathering around whether she will or not.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Bueckers is eligible to declare for 2023. Prepare for a year of endless blathering around whether she will or not.

Not that Hailey Van Lith is at the same level as Bueckers, but their names were often joined together coming out of high school. HVL can enter in 2023. Also toss in Cameron Brink, who barely slips through the 2023 draft window with a birth date of December 31, 2001.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Not that Hailey Van Lith is at the same level as Bueckers, but their names were often joined together coming out of high school. HVL can enter in 2023. Also toss in Cameron Brink, who barely slips through the 2023 draft window with a birth date of December 31, 2001.

Finally a lifetime of having your birthday overshadowed by New Year's Eve parties becomes a positive. Brink's already signed with Kagawa Colas and Wasserman for all the NIL stuff that college students can do, for whatever that's worth.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Finally a lifetime of having your birthday overshadowed by New Year's Eve parties becomes a positive. Brink's already signed with Kagawa Colas and Wasserman for all the NIL stuff that college students can do, for whatever that's worth.

Players might make more from the NIL than turning pro or at least make enough to make them care less about it. May slow down the rush to go pro. I hope it does.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/10/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VLaU4k7a1Dg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/21 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KyTLydh0JdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 11 of 40

Jump to: