RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/10/22 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post-College Players to Know for 2022 Draft

Not sure if/when this was posted here, but I only first saw it today. Huge thanks to awhom111 & WomensBasketball247 for putting this article together. (Great work with great information – as per usual!) We could very well see one or two players on this list get drafted, as we saw Aina Ayuso get drafted last season in this very fashion.

The most recognizable name on this list is former UConn player Anna Makurat from Poland. Oregon Duck fans may recognize multiple players on this list, though – and Oregon is also the same school that Aina Ayuso started out at, fwiw.

You can also see awhom's Breakdown of the 2022 Draft Entry List here, which distinguishes which prospects were in fact early entries and which ones simply ran out of college eligibility and did not actually need to declare (though several did, likely to be as clear as possible that they were in fact available to get drafted lol).

toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/22 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-mock-draft-4-0-final-edition/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/10/22 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that Patberg and one of the very young internationals gets drafted so that we can have people more than six years apart in age get picked in the same draft.

Stormeo wrote:
Post-College Players to Know for 2022 Draft

Not sure if/when this was posted here, but I only first saw it today. Huge thanks to awhom111 & WomensBasketball247 for putting this article together. (Great work with great information – as per usual!) We could very well see one or two players on this list get drafted, as we saw Aina Ayuso get drafted last season in this very fashion.

The most recognizable name on this list is former UConn player Anna Makurat from Poland. Oregon Duck fans may recognize multiple players on this list, though – and Oregon is also the same school that Aina Ayuso started out at, fwiw.

You can also see awhom's Breakdown of the 2022 Draft Entry List here, which distinguishes which prospects were in fact early entries and which ones simply ran out of college eligibility and did not actually need to declare (though several did, likely to be as clear as possible that they were in fact available to get drafted lol).

I think I did get it posted here when I published it, but we can never be too prepared for actual draft shenanigans. Makurat, Nesbitt, and Giomi managed to have pretty big scoring games right before the draft. I am not even sure if all of them know that they are eligible, but good timing for them I guess.

toad455 wrote:

Makurat is available because she was born in 2000 and thus turned 22 this year if you were wondering.
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/10/22 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/WBBWorldWide

PostPosted: 04/10/22 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 04/11/22 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Draft Challenge

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/womens-draft-challenge-2022/make-picks

PostPosted: 04/11/22 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I have the same selections for the Mystics , Austin and Dickey.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/22 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Burton's game but if....nvm

PostPosted: 04/11/22 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lcknCDKlRqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/22 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Least thought out, strangest mock I've done for this Draft, tbh.

1. Atlanta – Rhyne Howard
2. Indiana – NaLyssa Smith
3. Washington – Shakira Austin
4. Indiana – Emily Engstler
5. New York – Nyara Sabally
6. Indiana – Kierstan Bell
7. Dallas – Sika Kone
8. Las Vegas – Lexie Hull
9. Los Angeles –Christyn Williams
10. Indiana – Destanni Henderson
11. Las Vegas – Mya Hollingshed
12. Connecticut – Jade Melbourne^

13. Las Vegas – Elissa Cunane
14. Washington – Rae Burrell
15. Atlanta – Lorela Cubaj
16. Los Angeles – Naz Hillmon
17. Seattle – Evina Westbrook
18. Seattle – Kamila Borkowska^
19. Los Angeles – Veronica Burton
20. Indiana – Olivia Nelson-Ododa
21. Seattle – Jasmine Dickey
22. Minnesota – Queen Egbo
23. Las Vegas – Serena Kessler^
24. Connecticut – Nia Clouden

25. Indiana – Amber Ramirez
26. Phoenix – Khayla Pointer
27. Los Angeles – Holly Winterburn^
28. Minnesota – Jordan Lewis
29. New York – Jenna Staiti
30. Dallas – Vivian Gray
31. Dallas – Anna Makurat^
32. Phoenix – Hannah Sjerven
33. Seattle – Nancy Mulkey
34. Indiana – Reka Dombai^
35. Las Vegas – Sam Thomas
36. Connecticut – Delicia Washington

^Deferral pick

The order won't matter much anyway if enough trades go down. Gotta start tempering my expectations now.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/11/22 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I notice ESPN continues to call Smith 6'4" while some of the mocks are more accurate with the 6'2".

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/22 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hvvwTUJF8gU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/22 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I notice ESPN continues to call Smith 6'4" while some of the mocks are more accurate with the 6'2".

God bless, this has become such a boring talking point imo that really shouldn't matter when it comes to whether or not Smith finds success or not – especially if she's never used as a center.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/22 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everybody was wrong go to bed my fellow basement dwellers Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/16/22 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I've seen NC State a few times now and I just don't see it with Cunane. She's fine. But that's basically all I see. She's not even that big, doesn't have much range. She's kind of decent at lots of stuff but I don't see much beyond that. Is she even cracking someone's rotation before 2+ years of development?

I remember you saying "not that big" and thinking she looked taller than the players she was facing (although vertical and horizontal reach is really what matters). Not big for the WNBA? Or were you talking weight? There is a lot of banging in the WNBA post area.

She rarely shot from three in college but was 46 out of 112 for 41.1%. But may not be mobile/quick enough for a WNBA four.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/16/22 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bell looks short. But then she's the only one (with Engstler) not wearing stilts.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/16/22 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

God bless, this has become such a boring talking point imo that really shouldn't matter when it comes to whether or not Smith finds success or not – especially if she's never used as a center.

I guess I see it as important since I don't see her have the skills to play anything but the center.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/16/22 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hillmon in heels is the same height as Smith in sneakers. What that means in absolute terms, I don't know, but Smith doesn't look that much taller than Engstler and Naz would definitely be shorter.

PostPosted: 04/16/22 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I guess I see it as important since I don't see her have the skills to play anything but the center.

I mean, she herself as recently as Draft Night was talking about possibly playing the 3. I've personally always seen her as a true 4, and never as a 5. But if you see her as a 5, then I can see how that would be a difference-maker.

And it's funny that this the same concern I have about Smith's new teammate, Ameshya Williams-Holliday, for the very reason that she seems like a true 5 to me. She was listed as 6-4 at Jackson State. But both with Mississippi State and with the Fever, she was/is listed at 6-2 – which means, if that's what she really is, it really hurts her chances at just making the roster even more (not that it can be hurt a whole lot more since she's already a 3rd-rounder).

tfan

PostPosted: 04/17/22 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bell looks short. But then she's the only one (with Engstler) not wearing stilts.

She looks taller on the court, maybe because of her long arms. Until I saw this picture I didn't think anything of the suggestion by Voepel that she would play 3 and (or some) 4 in the WNBA.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/30/22 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Hillmon in heels is the same height as Smith in sneakers. What that means in absolute terms, I don't know, but Smith doesn't look that much taller than Engstler and Naz would definitely be shorter.

I a game, which side would win - left or right?

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/01/22 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Um, I honestly don't know what you're saying. Smile

PostPosted: 05/01/22 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Sabally is out for mysterious reasons and Cunane is bubbly, I’d have to go left side.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/01/22 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, so "I" was supposed to be "In"? Then yeah, the left side has 3 out of 4 lottery picks and all are 1st Rounders likely to make their team. The right side is already missing a player and two are 2nd Round picks who are vulnerable.

PostPosted: 05/01/22 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Um, I honestly don't know what you're saying. Smile

In the picture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40

Jump to: