View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#23 The Seattle Storm select... N'dea Jones Exclamation

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
LOL sparks finally take Arella.

Connecticut became the tenth team to pass on pass on Guirantes, and the ninth team to pass on her, at least twice.

She was projected as "Best Available" for nineteen picks in a row. I'm officially rooting for Arella Guirantes to develop into an All-Star.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on 04/15/21 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#24 The Indiana Fever select... Trinity Baptiste Exclamation

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking like my draft grades won’t be kind, although Connecticut and Dallas have both done well in this one.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just joined live but I have on record with DVR judging from the ticker were definitely a bunch of basement dwellers! Rennia at 9...Dana at 13 Guriantes in the 20’s along with Mack dropping drastically wth happened Rebkell!! Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great, Kolb takes the one French player I didn't like.

I officially hate this Liberty draft. As they used to say in upstate NY, it sucks the moose cock.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m pissed the softball game that I was at went longer than I thought. Plus I’m annoyed the draft started at 6 pm local time and not prime time ughh lol

I’ll submit my thoughts when I get home

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

I officially hate this Liberty draft. As they used to say in upstate NY, it sucks the moose cock.

I like Onyenwere she can’t really shoot but lots of energy.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#25 NY selects... Valerie Higgins
#26 IND selects... Chelsey Perry
#27 ATL selects... Lindsey Pulliam
#28 LA selects... Ivana Raca
#29 NY selects... Marine Fauthoux
#30 CON selects... Aleah Goodman
#31 IND selects... Florencia Chagas
#32 PHO selects... Ciera Johnson
#33 IND selects... Maya Caldwell
#34 LA selects... Aina Ayuso
#35 SEA selects... Natalie Kucowski
#36 LV selects... Kionna Jeter

Exclamation

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay I just peeped Twitter to see what I missed and I’m like WTF IS THIS DRAFT OMG INDIANA WHAT R U DOING OUT THE GATE LIKE THAT!!

Okay back to the road. Lol

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Okay I just peeped Twitter to see what I missed and I’m like WTF IS THIS DRAFT OMG INDIANA WHAT R U DOING OUT THE GATE LIKE THAT!!

Okay back to the road. Lol

Posts like this make me afraid to rewatch this draft at 8 pm cst Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/15/21 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

As I told both Richyyy and J-Spoon, I thought there was a realistic chance NY would take Onyenwere. I don't hate the player, but our roster is already full of athletic wings. How many do you need?

This just in: New York has traded their 2022 1st Round pick to Dallas in exchange for the team name "Wings".

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Highlight of the night for me: Holly asks Davis and Mack one of her typical unintelligible, meandering, stream of consciousness questions and they say they couldn't hear it. Razz I think they meant they couldn't make any sense out of it......

Last edited by Randy on 04/15/21 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is not thunder that you hear outside. That is me breaking the sound barrier from the outstanding joy of the Sky draft Natasha Mack. In the SECOND ROUND! I thought last year's draft was weird. HA! Watts and Gonderzick taken in the first round. I like Gonderzick. I was hoping the Sky could get her in the second round. But she is one lucky woman. A lottery pick. Unbelievable! I can not judge the Sky's first round pick because I have never seen her play before. The Sky could have had Williams so I hope this young lady is good.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
That is not thunder that you hear outside. That is me breaking the sound barrier from the outstanding joy of the Sky draft Natasha Mack. In the SECOND ROUND! I thought last year's draft was weird. HA! Watts and Gonderzick taken in the first round. I like Gonderzick. I was hoping the Sky could get her in the second round. But she is one lucky woman. A lottery pick. Unbelievable! I can not judge the Sky's first round pick because I have never seen her play before. The Sky could have had Williams so I hope this young lady is good.

She's good but she's small (and as you said, also young). It's gonna be interesting to see how she does in the big league.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

She's good but she's small (and as you said, also young). It's gonna be interesting to see how she does in the big league.

From the highlights I've seen - she doesn't look quick or athletic enough considering how small she is.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

From the highlights I've seen - she doesn't look quick or athletic enough considering how small she is.

but Lauren Jackson said she's real good. Razz

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

but Lauren Jackson said she's real good. Razz

well Sloot is also not the quickest or best defender, so maybe she fits right in. I would think it would be nice to have someone who can come in and bring a different look.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The weirdest draft ever is still 2003, when the random Patriot League player went in the 1st round and never showed up, Teresa Edwards went in the second round, Phoenix took Marion Jones, and the Liberty went so far off the board in the third that the draft board couldn't spell her name and she was apparently working as a waitress (or something, it's been a while).

But yeah, this draft chose true chaos starting at 4. (McDonald doesn't make sense for Atlanta at 3 either, but at least she was, y'know, generally considered a first-round pick, as opposed to Gondrezick.) I have no idea what anyone is doing, where we're going, how we got into this handbasket, why everything is on fire, and where that tiger came from.

(now with spelling variations)
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

As I told both Richyyy and J-Spoon, I thought there was a realistic chance NY would take Onyenwere. I don't hate the player, but our roster is already full of athletic wings. How many do you need?

This just in: New York has traded their 2022 1st Round pick to Dallas in exchange for the team name "Wings".

As I said somewhere else I am conflicted

on the one hand if I was to make a list of players that I was drawn to in this draft, who I enjoyed watching play, gave me a good feeling and I actively rooted for Onyenwere and Richards would be far up that lost. I like liking the players on my team and they both check that box to the nth degree.

OTOH Yjis does seem like overkill

SG Jones/Whitcomb
SF Laney/Onyenwere/Odom/Willoughby/Richards (luckily in the new look Liberty most of these players can play from the 2 to the 4)

here are some other options at

6 Walker, Mack, Evans, Davis, Rupert
17 Guirantes, N. Jones, Goodman

Overall I am OK with the results but we passed on some players that might have created a more balanced roster

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was this draft blown the f... up or what??? LOL

Happy the Wings got Kuier and Dungee at 5 was praying for a shooter.

Evans at 13. She was not happy that she fell into the 2nd round.

Collier prove me wrong - that's all I ask.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Did Dungee seriously lose 30 pounds? I had no idea. Also Holly: of all the things to ask about....why???

Yes. She was heavy during the 2019 season. It slowed her down tremendously. But, she tighten up

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay I am finally home. I am gonna go watch the draft now and see if I'm still like wtf lmao.

Maybe WNBA 09 and I should do that together LMAO

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
okay I am finally home. I am gonna go watch the draft now and see if I'm still like wtf lmao.

Maybe WNBA 09 and I should do that together LMAO

I will refrain from posting my Draft grades on here until I get the go-ahead from you lol.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/15/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Too bad neither Guirantes nor Watts makes this team, I’m guessing.

Watts is a 1st round pick so she's making the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: