RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Duante Wright
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/21 5:33 pm    ::: Duante Wright Reply Reply with quote

Another excessive force fatality in the Minneapolis area.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7AP5maXmAwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/21 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5vDjPRcn3cM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 04/12/21 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A loaded pistol weighs about 2.5 pounds. A taser weighs about 8 ounces. It is impossible to draw one and believe you have the other.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That look in her partner’s face.

Local curfew in effect tonight starting at 7:00 pm.
Local professional sports games postponed.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/12/21 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it was a female officer? jeez.

pilight, what are you implying or suggesting? Do you think she knew she was firing her gun at the guy and not her taser? Maybe intending to kill the guy? Why would she want to do that and destroy her life? She sounds freaked out even before the gunshot. She's screaming that she's going to taze him and immediately after screams, "Holy shit! I think I just shot him."

Why did they stop him (I mean, really. Not the bullshit reason that's been given so far.) And why get him out of the car and attempt to handcuff him for just an expired registration? Why did the guy resist being handcuffed, break free, and get back into the car and get ready to flee over an expired registration?

Fuck. If there was some actual criminal reason they wanted to detain him to the point of using any force at all, then fucking use physical force! You're bigger than the guy. Grab his ass and put him on the pavement if it's a criminal matter.

But if it really was just an expired registration then I think they have to explain why they even got him out of the car, let alone attempting to handcuff him.

Bottom line always. Because preserving life, especially your own, is the most important thing. Do not physically resist the police. Do not break free from the police. Do not try to escape the police. Do exactly what they tell you to do.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of them said something about a warrant. I assume that's why they were arresting him.

She should have known that wasn't a taser. Aside from the weight, a taser has a plastic shell while a gun is made of metal. They don't feel anything alike. Also a taser has bright yellow markings specifically so you don't mistakenly draw the wrong thing. Also police tasers are holstered to require cross draw. In the video you can see her both of her partners' yellow marked tasers holstered on the opposite side from their guns. Also a taser holster releases differently from a gun holster. Also she's supposed to be trained in how to use both a gun and a taser, which normally includes instruction in how to tell them apart.

Bottom line, it's as much a bullshit excuse as it was at Fruitvale Station.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. I’m not buying it as a calculated murder but you make some good points. As far as things like texture, weight, yellow markings... just my opinion, but I don’t think so. Under those kinds of circumstances the senses are completely overwhelmed by adrenaline. We don’t know as yet how long she’s been a cop. As far as she should have been well trained, I don’t know what size department they have and we can’t know to what degree those officers were trained. None of that was the LAPD way, I can tell you that.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon Jammer. You're expecting us to believe she doesn't know right from left. I know cops are dumb, but they're not that dumb.

If she's out there carrying a gun and a taser without being certified to use either, the city is going to be out a ton of money.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 2:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m adrift in a universe of not expecting people to believe what I believe. So I’m just telling you what I don’t believe, Mr P. I don’t believe a little voice inside that cop was heard saying to the part of her brain that controls motor function, “You know what? I’m going to kill this guy. I’ve been planning this. I’ve got this taser charade I’ve got to play out but yeah, he’s the one. Let’s do this.”

PostPosted: 04/13/21 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Okay. I’m not buying it as a calculated murder but you make some good points. As far as things like texture, weight, yellow markings... just my opinion, but I don’t think so. Under those kinds of circumstances the senses are completely overwhelmed by adrenaline. We don’t know as yet how long she’s been a cop. As far as she should have been well trained, I don’t know what size department they have and we can’t know to what degree those officers were trained. None of that was the LAPD way, I can tell you that.

26 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/04/13/daunte-wright-shooting-brooklyn-center-police-officer-kim-potter-taser/7200673002/

From what little I know, and that's admittedly very little, I leaning on agreeing with Jammer. Maybe I just want to believe that this was an accident. Because to not believe it was an accident would pretty much leave me with Jammer's scenario of
Quote:
a little voice inside that cop was heard saying to the part of her brain that controls motor function, “You know what? I’m going to kill this guy. I’ve been planning this. I’ve got this taser charade I’ve got to play out but yeah, he’s the one. Let’s do this.”

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/21 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I’m adrift in a universe of not expecting people to believe what I believe. So I’m just telling you what I don’t believe, Mr P. I don’t believe a little voice inside that cop was heard saying to the part of her brain that controls motor function, “You know what? I’m going to kill this guy. I’ve been planning this. I’ve got this taser charade I’ve got to play out but yeah, he’s the one. Let’s do this.”

If veteran cops like her have no more control than you claim, none of them should be carrying guns.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

If veteran cops like her have no more control than you claim, none of them should be carrying guns.

Well now you’re into something that encapsulates one of my basic opinions about life on this earth that I will post here as a critique offered by a verified user at some point while passing through this life.

Shit sucks. It just does. With everything we try to do to make things not suck as much, we introduce other things that suck.

But let’s get real. Cops are required to carry guns for one reason: criminals. Mother fucking out of control violent and dangerous criminals. Many many orders of magnitude worse than cops. Responsible for more deaths, severe injuries, rapes, terror, altered lives led by fear and intimidation, destruction disorder and mayhem, than any civilized society deserves, even WITH cops carrying guns.

And today, despite all of that horror continually caused by criminals and their criminality, we are as a society, or at least those voicing most of their outrage on social media, focused entirely and I mean ENTIRELY and exclusively on the exceedingly rare actions of some police who we have tasked to deal with these assholes.

I’m a law and order dude. I hate seeing the police shoot someone who they shouldn’t have shot. This was one of those cases. But I dream of safe streets while living in a country that has so far fallen from trying to achieve such a thing as to now be working on the opposite: defunding the police and depopulating prisons. It’s madness.

I came from a rough place. I’m on the side of innocent people. Children and families who deserve to be able to walk the streets in their own neighborhoods without fear or danger. No trend in social justice politics is ever going to change that.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cops shouldn't carry guns routinely. Keep 'em in the car unless the situation is already violent.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Bottom line always. Because preserving life, especially your own, is the most important thing. Do not physically resist the police. Do not break free from the police. Do not try to escape the police. Do exactly what they tell you to do.

So you excuse the trained peace officer who allegedly reacts out of adrenaline but not the untrained citizen with a gun in his face who does the same?

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cops shouldn't carry guns routinely. Keep 'em in the car unless the situation is already violent.

Did you see the tragic outcome with the New Mexico State trooper? Watch that video.

What we need here on Rebkell’s is a thread devoted to videos of cops being killed or otherwise violently attacked by criminals while doing the jobs we have hired them to do.

Speaking of that, Cuomo had a former police commissioner on last night and asked him, basically, couldn’t they have just let this guy go when he resisted being handcuffed and jumped back in the car.

The former police commissioner responded saying, basically, sure. He said that it was “no big deal.”

And Cuomo ate it up.

But my question, which was not heard even though I was yelling loudly at my TV, is but is that what they are trained to do? Is that their job? Do they have that option, that latitude in the carrying out of their duties, that they can, on the fly, just let people go who physically resist being taken into custody due to an outstanding warrant?

What would happen on the back end if they did this? What do they write on a report? What do their superiors say to them when they indicate that the person physically resisted and was just allowed to race off in their car?

So, you see the absolute bullshit that’s being force fed to the public. They’re feeding this monster of outrage around these wholly necessary interactions that happen to go south in rare instances. These stories dominate the news cycle for a reason. It is to distract and outrage the public while all this other shit that the elites are running past us goes unreported on and unexamined.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously? You think a cop has time to go back to their car and get their gun if something escalates?

I won't assume you saw the video of the cop killed in New Mexico the other day.
There have been many attacks on cops in the last week so I believe they are all on heightened alert and that can affect judgement and thinking.

Let me add, I think this cop should be tried, and convicted. It's on video. All the training they receive and she panicked. Especially after they run his name and see his priors and that there is a warrant out including armed robbery. I realize the cops don't know if there's a weapon in the vehicle the person is going for, but there is no reason to take his life.

And, apparently you can't have an air freshener hanging from the rearview which is ridiculous.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Did you see the tragic outcome with the New Mexico State trooper? Watch that video.

What we need here on Rebkell’s is a thread devoted to videos of cops being killed or otherwise violently attacked by criminals while doing the jobs we have hired them to do.

Did the fact that the officer was carrying a gun make the attack less violent? Did it deter the attacker?

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

So you excuse the trained peace officer who allegedly reacts out of adrenaline but not the untrained citizen with a gun in his face who does the same?

We are taught to drive between the lines. That’s part of the bargain we make as drivers and our ability to remain licensed drivers not to mention living humans is contingent upon our living up to that bargain. As citizens, we also have to learn what the lines are in any interactions we have with the police. Behave accordingly or the results can be catastrophic.

The police have guns. I personally can’t imagine reacting to the reality of a police officer pointing a gun at me by doing anything other than what the person pointing that gun at me is telling me to do.

So I can’t relate to your scenario, pilight. All due respect.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Did the fact that the officer was carrying a gun make the attack less violent? Did it deter the attacker?

The fact that the trooper didn’t unholster his weapon and have it trained on the citizen cost him his life.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

We are taught to drive between the lines. That’s part of the bargain we make as drivers and our ability to remain licensed drivers not to mention living humans is contingent upon our living up to that bargain. As citizens, we also have to learn what the lines are in any interactions we have with the police. Behave accordingly or the results can be catastrophic.

The police have guns. I personally can’t imagine reacting to the reality of a police officer pointing a gun at me by doing anything other than what the person pointing that gun at me is telling me to do.

So I can’t relate to your scenario, pilight. All due respect.

We have to learn where the lines are and the cops don't? That's bullshit.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight the police are employed. They are also sworn to uphold the laws etc. They have bosses, performance evaluations, even civilian oversight. And should they fuck up they face civil actions brought by anyone they might harm. And they are, believe me, trained on where those lines are and what can happen should they cross them.

You’re talking now about citizens. Not criminals? So did I read correctly that this kid’s warrant was for armed robbery? lol. I guess we can forgive him for everything he did criminally now that some cop shot him while he was criminally resisting arrest and criminally trying to make his escape from the law with an armed robbery warrant on his head.

I just can’t roll my eyes anymore. It’s all too much for the jammer. I’m old and I’m not ashamed to say I need a nap.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I’m gathering the story correctly. The robbery was an old case that he had already served his time, but he was out on parole and allegedly violated parole by possessing a weapon. So the proceedings were still ongoing with his parole violation. It appears the only reason he had a warrant out for his arrest was he missed his zoom court appearance. But apparently he didn’t receive his notice to appear because it was a “return to sender”. Why it was returned to sender I don’t know yet, but it could add to the tragedy of this event. It may have been an unjustified warrant. It may have contributed to any confusion on why he was getting arrested.
https://publicaccess.courts.state.mn.us/DocumentSearch/
Case# 27-CR-19-29850

Add to that, there’s the George Floyd trial that’s being covered heavily locally right now on every channel. It’s kinda hard for a black man to trust a system that’s geared against them and don’t value their lives.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/13/21 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Ask Officer Breanna Leath how quickly things can escalate. Oh wait, yeah, you can't. Crying or Very sad

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/21 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
pilight wrote:

Ask Officer Breanna Leath how quickly things can escalate. Oh wait, yeah, you can't. Crying or Very sad

She had a gun. It made no difference.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Philando Castillo (among plenty of others) would indicate that doing exactly what you are supposed to do doesn't always make a bit of difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: