RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/21 4:00 pm    ::: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

Through 2027-2027 & $200,000 raise to $862,000.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/01/21 4:40 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

But the question is, how does it compare to the new men's coach, Woodson?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/21 8:29 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Do you really want to know? I'm sorry that I looked it up.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/29/mike-woodson-to-earn-average-of-3-million-annually-on-six-year-contract-thad-matta-to-earn-400000/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/02/21 3:36 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/29/mike-woodson-to-earn-average-of-3-million-annually-on-six-year-contract-thad-matta-to-earn-400000/

Now the next thing that needs to be discussed is the income of the two programs.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/21 3:38 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Now the next thing that needs to be discussed is the income of the two programs.

Is it the job of college coaches to generate income?

PostPosted: 04/02/21 5:53 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Indirectly yes, you can look at data for the growth of the program under Moren. How has attendance grown. I would not be surprised if the program is not making a profit, but you can how much has she closed the gap. Were there any bonuses built into Moren contract?

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/02/21 9:45 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Yes. Public relations, donors. That is a large part of the job. Woodson's base salary is $550 k and the additional amount is for marketing and promotional income.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 04/05/21 5:42 pm    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Yes. Public relations, donors. That is a large part of the job. Woodson's base salary is $550k and the additional amount is for marketing and promotional income.

Generate income? Granted, a college coach can have an impact on the financial success of a program (especially in football), but I thought revenue is the Athletic Director's responsibility.

PostPosted: 04/07/21 8:57 am    ::: Re: Teri Moren Got Extended (& a Raise) Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Generate income? Granted, a college coach can have an impact on the financial success of a program (especially in football), but I thought revenue is the Athletic Director's responsibility.

There is an actual marketing department that is tabbed with bringing in some revenue. However, it has been my experience that every single athletic department employee was responsible for helping bring in money, esp the head coaches of the big sports (football, m/w basketball, baseball, volleyball, men's hockey). It was well understood that bringing in money was key to the success of the athletic department and that we all had a responsibility to aid in that.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/15/21 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of money....

Quote:
Montana State basketball coaches Danny Sprinkle and Tricia Binford were also recently signed to four-year contract extensions.

Binford just completed her 16th season coaching the MSU women while Sprinkle, a former Bobcat player, just wrapped up his second season coaching the men.

[Women's coach] Binford's base salary is $168,300 with $30,000 in incentives for radio and television appearances, and other incentives for things such as postseason play and athlete grades and graduation rates.

[Men's coach] Sprinkle's base salary is $167,280 with $50,000 in incentives for radio and television appearances and other incentives for things such as postseason play.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31257299/montana-hires-oregon-state-assistant-brian-holsinger-coach-women-baskeball-team

Found some more info about their bonuses. She has to meet a higher standard to get some of her bonus. Other bonus amounts are listed. His seem higher or easier to attain. One of her bonuses is tied to the entire athletic department.

Quote:
Each semester, Sprinkle can earn between $2,000-$3,000 if the average team GPA is between 2.8 or 3.0. Binford will receive $2,500 for each semester the average team GPA is 3.45 or higher. She could earn double that amount if the team maintains that 3.45 average for the entire academic year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: