RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colerr

PostPosted: 04/09/21 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm happy that teams now have different-looking number font again.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/09/21 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Maybe a dumb question but can someone fill me in on the names behind the jerseys? Heroine, Explorer, and Rebels? (did I get that right?) Does each of these have a meaning?

They're supposed to represent "bringing stories from their cities and communities to life through the muse of female archetypes in storytelling and film". But basically, it's become a thing in recent times to give silly names to the different types of jersey. In old-school terms, essentially the Heroines are homes, the Explorers are roads, and the Rebels are what the NBA has been calling 'City' editions for a while - i.e. the funky weird ones.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Maybe a dumb question but can someone fill me in on the names behind the jerseys? Heroine, Explorer, and Rebels? (did I get that right?) Does each of these have a meaning?

The initials spell H.E.R.

I assume it's a cross branding effort between Nike and RCA to support the Grammy winning artist

PostPosted: 04/09/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ranking the WNBA’s latest round of refreshingly cool jerseys

https://deadspin.com/ranking-the-wnba-s-latest-round-of-refreshingly-cool-je-1846646362

Quote:
suffers from looking like they borrowed heavily from the Atlanta Hawks’ black uniforms and the Charlotte Hornets’ “Buzz City” look

PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

—I hate the lines across the words on the Lynx's Rebel, reminds me of a jail cell :/ (also not great that it reminds me of a certain grand-scale Murder Trial going on)

If it helps, I think that's supposed to be a music staff, with the five horizontal lines. The double bars on both ends aren't quite right for a musical look - maybe they should have made those repeat signs, or maybe I'm just too music-nerdy :-/

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ranking the WNBA’s latest round of refreshingly cool jerseys

https://deadspin.com/ranking-the-wnba-s-latest-round-of-refreshingly-cool-je-1846646362

Quote:
suffers from looking like they borrowed heavily from the Atlanta Hawks’ black uniforms and the Charlotte Hornets’ “Buzz City” look

Chicago’s loud blue Jersey and Minnesota’s Timberwolves hand me downs were the worst to me.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorites

Phoenix Explorer and Rebel
Los Angeles Explorer and Rebel
Atlanta Rebel
Indy Rebel
Chicago Rebel
Conn Rebel
Las Vegas Rebel
Seattle Rebel
Washington Explorer

I haven't seen the Heroine jerseys

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, my package from Nike apparently got lost by FedEx. I was given a refund but now they are sold out of both jerseys I ordered. Congrats to the W for having jerseys sell out. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/14/21 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The explorer jerseys are up on Nike as well as wnba store.com

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/14/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just as a note, the images for all the replica jerseys being sold at the individual team stores include the sponsor logos (both the ones under the numbers on the front, and the shoulder patches). The ones at WNBA.com and Nike.com don't.

It seems unlikely that Nike are producing multiple versions at the same price point (or nearly the same - some of the teams add on a little). So either one side has the wrong images, or the teams are adding the logos on their end. But if you specifically want or don't want the sponsors on your shirt, maybe pick who you're buying from carefully.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA Has Pulled a Controversial Jersey Days After Unveiling It. Here’s Why Many Found the Design Problematic

https://time.com/5954958/wnba-dallas-wings-nike-rebel-jersey-controversy/

Quote:
However, for some fans, excitement over the launch was dampened by the revelation that the Wings’ Rebel Edition uniforms were created in celebration of a historical organization that excluded Black women.

PostPosted: 04/23/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a big'un myself, I am disappointed that the new merch doesn't appear to go above a 2x. I guess I'll have to wear my old merch to any games I'm able to attend.

I have such bad luck with Jerseys anyway. I bought a SWK Mystics jersey right before she got traded. Then I buy an EDD jersey so I have something current for games as a new STH. She doesn't play, and I have nowhere but home to watch the games anyway. Thanks worldwide pandemic.

I am a tiny bit hopeful the size range will expand as the season unrolls.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/23/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blue crabs & basketba wrote:
As a big'un myself, I am disappointed that the new merch doesn't appear to go above a 2x. I guess I'll have to wear my old merch to any games I'm able to attend.

I have such bad luck with Jerseys anyway. I bought a SWK Mystics jersey right before she got traded. Then I buy an EDD jersey so I have something current for games as a new STH. She doesn't play, and I have nowhere but home to watch the games anyway. Thanks worldwide pandemic.

I am a tiny bit hopeful the size range will expand as the season unrolls.

I bought a XXl thinking it would be small because it's a woman's size but it seems pretty large. I'd give it a try and just return it if it doens tfit proper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: