RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/02/21 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Connecticut Sun unis have been leaked on Twitter. I like them although they look like University of Kentucky unis. They pay homage to the Mohegan Tribe.

PostPosted: 04/05/21 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we getting the official release this week?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/05/21 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Yeah, on the 8th, so Thursday. There's a couple more floating around on twitter today, including a very disappointingly dull Seattle one.

PostPosted: 04/05/21 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Yeah, on the 8th, so Thursday. There's a couple more floating around on twitter today, including a very disappointingly dull Seattle one.

Yeah didnt like it aswell. I dont like most of them so far. The Las Vegas jersey looks pretty similar to their normal ones

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 04/05/21 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/05/21 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far NYL are the clear winners. I like the Chicago style but the logo is too simple for me.

A lot of these will likely look better on the court (Dallas, Seattle) than they would on regular people.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/05/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Yeah didnt like it aswell. I dont like most of them so far. The Las Vegas jersey looks pretty similar to they normal ones

Yeah, I think we're going to get two fairly standard ones - the 'Explorer' and 'Heroine' editions - and then the 'Rebel' ones are the unusual looks. At least they're trying something for the first times in many, many years, even if we end up with several that aren't exactly universally popular.

PostPosted: 04/05/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will gladly take ANY of the ones we've seen so far over the recent Nike and Adidas ones that had no personality. These one at least have some uniqueness. Most NBA city edition jerseys are a big miss too, so it's fitting.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I will gladly take ANY of the ones we've seen so far over the recent Nike and Adidas ones that had no personality. These one at least have some uniqueness. Most NBA city edition jerseys are a big miss too, so it's fitting.

I agree 100%. Most of the leaked unis have been ehh, but at least they wont all be the same template with advertisements. Im excited to see the rest, especially LA and Atlanta. I think I kinda like the new Sky unis.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 3:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jerseys will be shown today:

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1380013202944233472

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like each team has a set of White Uni's they look the best in this video

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1380160257935224833?s=20

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Each team's black Uniforms !! Loving The Fever's Black and Red

https://twitter.com/nikebasketball/status/1380158825156710406?s=20 Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever Rebel jerseys are great. The Stranger Things font is an odd choice.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I appreciate these jersey concepts! It's clear that the League wanted out-of-the-box ideas for these, and it really shows. And a lot of these look really freakin' good!! That said, I'm even more interested in seeing how they look on the court with two teams. Will it look like too much going on? I'm also interested in seeing how often each team wears each jersey – particularly that third version. Cool

pilight wrote:
The Fever Rebel jerseys are great. The Stranger Things font is an odd choice.

I believe they did that cuz Stranger Things itself takes place in Indiana. If so, it would be a cool nod imo.

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/08/21 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I appreciate these jersey concepts! It's clear that the League wanted out-of-the-box ideas for these, and it really shows. And a lot of these look really freakin' good!! That said, I'm even more interested in seeing how they look on the court with two teams. Will it look like too much going on? I'm also interested in seeing how often each team wears each jersey – particularly that third version. Cool

I feel we have the worst jersey's combined of all 3 editions. The Chicago Blue jersey looks terrible too along with the DC Rise imo. Everything else looks fabulous !!

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I feel we have the worst jersey's combined of all 3 editions. The Chicago Blue jersey looks terrible too along with the DC Rise imo. Everything else looks fabulous !!

The Sparks black for black's sake are the worst of the rebel jerseys. But then I like the Wings and Sky rebels.

I can't believe the Sparks are going white instead of their traditional gold with the heroine unis.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The shorts seem a bit baggy co spidering the Aja Wilson trend of rolling them up.

I'm eager to see these on the court. Some are a miss but I applaud the league and Nike for taking a swing. I'm definitely getting a NYL equality jersey and likely a PHX X factor jersey.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/08/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A few thoughts:

—I'm a fan of clean-looking white jerseys in general, so today is already a great day for me lol
—Many teams' (but not all teams') Rebel jerseys being black? Keep it.
—Chicago's Rebel jerseys... too many lines everywhere
—Dallas' could've been worse, but I wish they had kept that pretty blue color as the Explorer edition (I get why they didn't, but still)
—I don't think I like the plain-jane font on the Fever's Heroine & Explorer jerseys
—I really like all of the Sparks' ones? Embarassed
—I hate the lines across the words on the Lynx's Rebel, reminds me of a jail cell :/ (also not great that it reminds me of a certain grand-scale Murder Trial going on)
—Phoenix's Explorer jerseys are IT. Best Explorer jerseys by far.
—All the Storm jerseys are both different-looking and simply fine. Good, but not great, but not bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/08/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
The shorts seem a bit baggy co spidering the Aja Wilson trend of rolling them up.

Victoria's Secret could make the uniforms, and A'ja would still roll them up. That just her thang.

Very Happy

Tally24

PostPosted: 04/08/21 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The gradient/ombré Mercury uniforms are sick! I also think the nod to the x-factor is really cool. I was nervous, but I am a happy Phoenix fan.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/08/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can get the rebel jerseys for 100 on Mike's website. I ordered the Griner X factor and the Ionescu Equality jerseys.

Show Nike and the league this was a worth investment and sell these jerseys out!!

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 04/08/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cant please everyone but they didn't miss with these Jerseys. They're FIRE!! Bravo WNBA!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/08/21 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I like the Explorer Edition and definately will be getting asap, I could except the military green if it atleast had Dallas across the front, and I have no idea what the white one looks like!

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/08/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Victoria's Secret could make the uniforms, and A'ja would still roll them up. That just her thang.

Very Happy

There's a mental image I personally didn't need but other people might.

(now with spelling variations)
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/08/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Fanatics will be doing cheaper versions?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/08/21 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Explorers

Rebels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: