RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid year eligibility for seniors/grad transfers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/11/21 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
A couple more:

Vivian Gray returning to Texas Tech, Aisha Sheppard staying at VT, and Krystal Leger-Walker is taking another year to play with her sister.

The last one makes me very happy.

Something's gotta give with LSU. With 3 graduates returning, 2 transfers, their returning underclassmen and incoming freshmen, Nikki's got 19 scholarships to deal with right now.

At least 5 LSU players-Ayres, Seay, Thompson, Trasi, and Young-have all hit the transfer portal so far. O'Neal (Shaq's daughter) is a preferred walk-on so won't count toward the schollie limit.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/11/21 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay for Krystal. Hopefully they are able to find some more post help and they will be a force in the Pac.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/26/21 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://statenews.com/article/2021/04/michigan-state-adds-tamara-farquhar

Technically this is a transfer as well. 6-0 Tamara Farquhar is using her grad year to play for Michigan State after leaving Purdue.

Spartans also have their 21-22 roster up sans any frosh or transfers

- Alisa Smith is using her extra year of eligibility after transferring from Penn State last season. She was starting for the Spartans By the time of the conference tourney.

- Lauren Rewers, a 6’4 Hawaii transfer is not on this years roster after joining Spartans as a grad transfer last season. Her sister, Brook, is still joining the team according to the article link posted at top of this post. Brooke was initially headed to Duke to play for P Mac but with the coaching change she opted for the Spartans.

-Cyndi Dodd, a 6’5 P Who missed first two seasons of play due to injury is no longer listed on the roster.

- The incoming frosh class features top 10 G Damiya Haggeman, An in-state guard who prepped with her Rickea Jackson at Detroit Edison.

https://msuspartans.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/26/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
https://statenews.com/article/2021/04/michigan-state-adds-tamara-farquhar

Technically this is a transfer as well. 6-0 Tamara Farquhar is using her grad year to play for Michigan State after leaving Purdue.

Spartans also have their 21-22 roster up sans any frosh or transfers

- Alisa Smith is using her extra year of eligibility after transferring from Penn State last season. She was starting for the Spartans By the time of the conference tourney.

- Lauren Rewers, a 6’4 Hawaii transfer is not on this years roster after joining Spartans as a grad transfer last season. Her sister, Brook, is still joining the team according to the article link posted at top of this post. Brooke was initially headed to Duke to play for P Mac but with the coaching change she opted for the Spartans.

-Cyndi Dodd, a 6’5 P Who missed first two seasons of play due to injury is no longer listed on the roster.

- The incoming frosh class features top 10 G Damiya Haggeman, An in-state guard who prepped with her Rickea Jackson at Detroit Edison.

https://msuspartans.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

I can definitely see MSU pulling off a few surprise upsets in the Big Ten this year.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/06/21 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anna Wilson and Alyssa Jerome are returning for Stanford.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/06/21 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Yay!!!!!!! I understood Anna was waiting to see if she was accepted into a second masters program. So apparently it happened!

Howee

PostPosted: 05/06/21 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Yay!!!!!!! I understood Anna was waiting to see if she was accepted into a second masters program. So apparently it happened!

That IS good news; I don't remember Jerome....did she play last year? Maya Dodson is back too, right?

PostPosted: 05/06/21 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

That IS good news; I don't remember Jerome....did she play last year? Maya Dodson is back too, right?

Dodson transferred to Notre Dame last year Crying or Very sad Jerome isn't really very good so she only plays junk minutes, but she's supposedly a 'leader'. She's a small post. But Anna makes us a real team. We really really needed a lead guard with experience.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/06/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Dodson transferred to Notre Dame last year Crying or Very sad Jerome isn't really very good so she only plays junk minutes, but she's supposedly a 'leader'. She's a small post. But Anna makes us a real team. We really really needed a lead guard with experience.

She's the fourth-string post behind Brink, Belibi, and Prechtel, but Jerome did play some decent minutes in the championship game vs. Arizona! Brink could only play limited minutes due to injury and Belibi wasn't on top of her game, so TVD played two posts for a bit with Prechtel and Jerome. Looking at the box score right now, she had 4 rebounds and 1 assist in 6 minutes.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/06/21 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Dodson transferred to Notre Dame last year Crying or Very sad

Okay....I shoulda known that, but....she's still on The Cardinal '20-'21 roster page. Shocked

PostPosted: 05/08/21 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by CompSci87 on 05/08/21 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CompSci87

PostPosted: 05/08/21 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Okay....I shoulda known that, but....she's still on The Cardinal '20-'21 roster page. Shocked

Yes, because she didn't actually transfer last year. Rather, she opted out of playing in 2020-21 but remained on the roster. She has now graduated, and has chosen to go to Notre Dame for grad school and play there starting in 2021-22. Stanford's roster isn't updated for 2021-22 yet, so she's still shown So is Kiana Williams!

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Yes, because she didn't actually transfer last year. Rather, she opted out of playing in 2020-21 but remained on the roster. She has now graduated, and has chosen to go to Notre Dame for grad school and play there starting in 2021-22. Stanford's roster isn't updated for 2021-22 yet, so she's still shown So is Kiana Williams!

but we knew she was going to ND early in the season, so it was already announced then.
edit: looked it up. It was announced Feb 2.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 05/09/21 4:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CompSci87 wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

but we knew she was going to ND early in the season, so it was already announced then.
edit: looked it up. It was announced Feb 2.

Yes that's true. My post was meant to explain to Howee why she's still shown on Stanford's roster. I didn't mean to make it sound like she didn't decide on ND until after the season, but I didn't word that right. Sorry.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/09/21 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keyen Green just graduated with her master's, confirmed she's returning to Tenn, and is starting her Ph.D. Way to put the student back in student-athlete.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/LongFormArticle/Keyen-Green-to-play-start-PhD-at-Tennessee-165183056/#165183056_1

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/09/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Keyen Green just graduated with her master's, confirmed she's returning to Tenn, and is starting her Ph.D. Way to put the student back in student-athlete.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/LongFormArticle/Keyen-Green-to-play-start-PhD-at-Tennessee-165183056/#165183056_1

Seems like an exemplary young woman and maybe a "glue" type of player...not necessarily star caliber, although she's quite good (I've seen her play when she was at Liberty), but the kind who holds the team together by her character and personality, the way Lou Brown did. I hope her knee rehabs well. When I saw her in March she was still walking with two canes.

PostPosted: 05/17/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raouls updated list.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-extra-eligibility-players-returning-to-current-school-in-2021-22/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: